nynakedtop

Jomtien Accommodation Search!

In February I stayed at the Posiedon. Of the major Complex hotels it's one of only two 100% gay places, the other being The Venue. So if you don't want contact with hetros or women it would be a good choice. I was very satisfied.

It's got a rather unique very small indoor pool with a pumped current, against which you can swim. Once I used it in company with another guest, both of us having fun with our boyfriends. For dinner the restaurant is very good if you value quality food, but the breakfast is not so special.

Guest samebb

In February I stayed at the Posiedon. Of the major Complex hotels it's one of only two 100% gay places, the other being The Venue. So if you don't want contact with hetros or women it would be a good choice. I was very satisfied.

It's got a rather unique very small indoor pool with a pumped current, against which you can swim. Once I used it in company with another guest, both of us having fun with our boyfriends. For dinner the restaurant is very good if you value quality food, but the breakfast is not so special.

I have had the same at the agate a couple of times. 2 or 3 of us farang with our boys. Last time 2 of the boys they knew each other which made for a relaxing yet fun afternoon at the pool with some very well made cocktails and splashing around in the pool. Bliss

Guest samebb

When Agate opened people reported on the boards about the rooms only had beanbags (like it's 1974) to sit on instead of chairs. Have the beanbags been removed and the rooms have proper chairs?

I always stay in the Superior Room with a Balcony. In the room there is a normal desk chair and a bean bag. On the balcony a further 2 outside chairs. The bean bag actually provides more seating than many hotel rooms, something I have been thankful for on a couple of occasions now.

As the originator of this thread, just want to post my own follow-up!

I have made two brief trips to Jomtien (more coming up, of course) and stayed once at Tui's, once at Agate.

Both were good. In very different ways.

My loyalties to Tui's make it difficult for me to criticize the place here so let me just say that it is starting to show its age and a certain lack of investment in the place. Ouch - harsh. But the location cannot be beat. Neither can the very personal attention from Tui and from Neal. I would be more than willing to overlook some of the problems with the property because there is something very special about the welcome extended to their guests. (Now if they could only fix that after-hours front door, improve the wifi, and ensure that there really is hot water in the showers...)

Agate was a surprise! The property looks like a new, well-appointed if impersonal place. It is new. It is extremely well appointed. And it is anything BUT impersonal. The staff is amazing... I was warmly welcomed, I was given personal attention when needed, and even my departure was handled wonderfully. Rooms are great, bathrooms a dream... nothing but good things to say. (And i did notice some diversity in the guest population -- even the arrival of a tour bus -- but this was never an issue!)

So: strictly for creature comforts, Agate wins. But add that very special "intangible" of warmth, it becomes a tie!

As the originator of this thread, just want to post my own follow-up!

I have made two brief trips to Jomtien (more coming up, of course) and stayed once at Tui's, once at Agate.

Both were good. In very different ways.

My loyalties to Tui's make it difficult for me to criticize the place here so let me just say that it is starting to show its age and a certain lack of investment in the place. Ouch - harsh. But the location cannot be beat. Neither can the very personal attention from Tui and from Neal. I would be more than willing to overlook some of the problems with the property because there is something very special about the welcome extended to their guests. (Now if they could only fix that after-hours front door, improve the wifi, and ensure that there really is hot water in the showers...)

Agate was a surprise! The property looks like a new, well-appointed if impersonal place. It is new. It is extremely well appointed. And it is anything BUT impersonal. The staff is amazing... I was warmly welcomed, I was given personal attention when needed, and even my departure was handled wonderfully. Rooms are great, bathrooms a dream... nothing but good things to say. (And i did notice some diversity in the guest population -- even the arrival of a tour bus -- but this was never an issue!)

So: strictly for creature comforts, Agate wins. But add that very special "intangible" of warmth, it becomes a tie!

Thanks for the report nynakedtop on Agate. I have just been looking for my trip in November and in the past have stayed at East Suites but they are booked on the dates I need and didn't enjoy Zing last time. Agate it is.

Rooms are great, bathrooms a dream... nothing but good things to say. (And i did notice some diversity in the guest population -- even the arrival of a tour bus -- but this was never an issue!)

I was considering Agate until i walked past and saw a tour bus full of Chinese being dropped at the hotel. I have Chinese friends but my stay has been ruined before at hotels with Chinese tour groups. Maybe Agate staff can keep them under control but i would like to hear reports about their behavior before making a booking.

I was considering Agate until i walked past and saw a tour bus full of Chinese being dropped at the hotel. I have Chinese friends but my stay has been ruined before at hotels with Chinese tour groups. Maybe Agate staff can keep them under control but i would like to hear reports about their behavior before making a booking.

During my stay, as I was approaching the hotel with a young gentleman I had just recently met, I was surprised to see a large bus arrive, and unload a group of tourists from an East Asian land...

Much to my surprise, seeing the bus was my only awareness that they were even in the hotel. It was disconcerting to me at worst, and worrisome... but I eventually grew more concerned about their state of mind in the property than anything else.

I has no awareness that they had even arrived. Perhaps they were packed off en-masse to some guided tour/shopping excusion type thing, I just never saw them again. Maybe they were too scared to come out of their rooms?

Bizarre, right?

just a btw:

the staffperson who welcomed me upon arrival and was there for my check out gave me her card and encouraged me to contact her about coming back.

i did so (returning there for 3 nights starting 03 september if any of you are thereabouts...) and she did discount the room rate and throw in comp'd breakfast 

just sayin'... (nice to feel appreciated these days!)

just a btw:

the staffperson who welcomed me upon arrival and was there for my check out gave me her card and encouraged me to contact her about coming back.

i did so (returning there for 3 nights starting 03 september if any of you are thereabouts...) and she did discount the room rate and throw in comp'd breakfast

just sayin'... (nice to feel appreciated these days!)

You have convinced me, i have booked for mid September. The Agate also has excellent reviews on the booking sites.

Guest samebb

I am in pattaya 7 to 11 September with another board member here. Agate as usual... although I accidently ended up in pattaya a cpuple of weeks ago and crashed at The Venue. Wasn't bad at all.

The Agate is certainly a quality hotel for a very reasonable price. Very comfortable rooms and a great breakfast served with a smile.

They have made an effort with the decor with floors consisting of colourful tiles and there were works of art at intervals throughout the hotel.

I sat by the larger of the two pools but it is not big enough for excercise swimming and the so-called fitness area is practically non-existent. The two welcome non-alcoholic drinks were really delicious.

Of course for gays the proximity of the bars is a major reason to stay there and whilst it is not a 100%'gay hotel it certainly is very friendly.

I will henceforth take glowing testimonials on tripadviser with a pinch of salt. They offered an inducement of a free drink for a favourable one.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293919-d3498742-Reviews-Best_Bed_house_Dong_Tan_Beach-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

This is the only thing I could find on the B&B House. Friends stayed there and liked the rooms even though they were small. This is fairly new but part of another much older (4 story?) building.

The hotel to the left serves good food but is a bit more expensive than others. 

The hotel to the left serves good food but is a bit more expensive than others. 

There is no food in this hotel: no restaurant or cafe (only some instant noodle and some tea bags + cold beverages on reception).  . They have 2 restaurants "next door" on right and on left (not a part of hotel), but nothing in hotel. Hotel itself consist from 2 3-store buildings, connected by gallery,  +16 bungalow around pool.