williewillie

FAKE gayromeo, grindr and hornet personas.

Having more time on my hands than usual, I recently opened up new accounts on grindr,

Blued and Hornet. After experiencing a no show, I realized need more preparation if I

attempted further meetings. My no show never bothered to explain and the next day wanted

to set up another meeting. I told him that I only saw a face photo and wanted to see body photo.

He said no. He said he didn’t have good body. I told him I was only interested in good bodies.

He replied ‘whatever’. Seemed like something a farang would say when being criticized.

A second experience with a 23 y.o. Colombian sexy lonely bottom which went no where except

in circles. After a few days, I gave up and started to think why would a sexy Latin guy be

looking for sex with much older, and much less fit farangs. What is a 23 y.o. gay latino

doing in Pattaya? He wrote he was walking not working. Doesn’t make sense and he wouldn’t respond to my polite queries as to what he was looking for etc.

All this and a couple more, led to to think that old farangs were playing games and pretending to

be young sexy guys looking for old guys.

A farang acquaintance told me his story of pretending to be a young hot sexy Russian gay man.

He claimed to have found sexy photos and created a fake persona. He claimed a multitude of

Farangs and Thais responded. Some money boys offered themselves for free.

I found this story disturbing and wondered why the farang would relate such a story.

After all, he wasted a lot of people’s time and mind fucked them as well. This farang was creepy

and very unattractive, downright ugly in fact.

It’s possible this same farang created the young Latino and others. Really sad and totally fucked up.

I’m curious to know if anyone met the young Latino or experienced any fake personas.

Willie willie maybe the guys you mentioned after viewing your profile and giving it some thought just couldn’t see themselves going with, yes they are sex workers but they also are human!

No, I think williewillie is right, there have always been fakers and keyboard wankers on these platforms, even when I started using them in the West more than 20 years ago. Put in a charitable way, these platforms allow these guys to be whoever they want to be - as long as they can avoid meeting in real life.

Nowadays in Thailand, my solution is very simple: Move the conversation to Line early on and have a video chat ASAP. Problem solved.

... keyboard wankers ....

Nowadays in Thailand, my solution is very simple: Move the conversation to Line early on and have a video chat ASAP. Problem solved.

thank you for a good laugh, " keyboard wankers " , that's funny

If everything else fails there's still an option of moving conversation to a bar table and seeing boy eye to eye and feeling him knee to knee

Invariably if the person wants to chat endlessly on line, I assume it's fake and move on. After all, time is precious and I'm not looking for pen friends

I have sometimes taken a peek on apps before visiting the country but my experience is that chatting a long time often leads to an anti-climax of one sort or another

Some months ago I saw a very promising picture on hornet (which I later found out was from privatboymovie) and started chatting, and when I asked for Line ID I got reply "I don't give Line to strangers" which was the end of the chat for me because everyone remotely interested in meeting would give out his Line.

I try to keep chat short, for me "sex yes/no, where, when" would be enough, but have to do a bit more, but try to find out what the other party is looking early on.

I have sometimes taken a peek on apps before visiting the country but my experience is that chatting a long time often leads to an anti-climax of one sort or another

I agree. I look them up before I go and, in the past, chatted to them as well. I found this didn't work as they got too clingy and wanted to meet the minute I arrived. No time to look around. Creepy.

So now I look before, make a list, and talk AFTER arriving and only then make arrangements to meet.

Seems to work.

No, I think williewillie is right, there have always been fakers and keyboard wankers on these platforms, even when I started using them in the West more than 20 years ago. Put in a charitable way, these platforms allow these guys to be whoever they want to be - as long as they can avoid meeting in real life.

I think they also post prolifically on another forum!!

We have to distinguish two cases:

People who are only looking for entertainment at the cost of others,

and people who use pictures that are not their own to attract more chat partners (and in the end want to meet someone for sex/friend/boyfriend).

I fell for the second several times, the last just today. If there is only one profile picture that looks too good to be true, ask for more pictures, and the profile owner even admitted that the profile picture is not his. That leaves only the question: where can I meet the boy in the profile picture?

I tend to use the apps less and less and the same goes for gogo bars where you frequently are the only customer (or one of the very few) present and the constant staring of the boys at you in hoping for you to pick them make me feel uncomfortable.  The same  goes for the once every 3 minute question of  the mamasan which boy I like and if I have made a choice. It is just not a relaxing atmosphere.

My main two methods for getting boys now are:

1) Bar (Jomtien, Sunee): you can see the boy in real life (no need to trust picture in app), you can chat with him, there is no pressure, a relax atmosphere. This is my preferred method. Besides the drinks are cheap compared to a gogo bar.

2) Massage places

If I lived in bkk, I think this would be a good method.  Time is your side.  But as a visitor, I tried the apps on a few trips and found myself spinning my wheels and sacrificing precious time without success.  At this point, I may take a quick look at what's on offer but don't respond to any unless they appear to be close by.  If they don't want to meet for coffee or drink, I don't pursue conversation. I set a 3-4 minute limit for the back-and-forth before I thank them for chatting and move on.. 

If I'm within a 5-minute walk of Surawong and Twilight, it's an easy decision.

That's a good point, I'm not sure if I'd bother with the apps (any apps) if I were a visitor. I do use them elsewhere as a visitor and with quite some success, but in those places I don't have as many alternatives as a visitor to Bangkok has.

I shall say this again, as I always do when the bar/apps dispute occurs...if bars were open in the afternoons, I wouldn't need the apps.

Can't you just in the evening, when you are in a bar, arrange for a boy to meet you the next day in the afternoon in the hotel?

So on each evening when you are in a bar you make with boy 1 an appointment for tomorrow afternoon and with boy 2 an appointment for that same night.

Can't you just in the evening, when you are in a bar, arrange for a boy to meet you the next day in the afternoon in the hotel?

So on each evening when you are in a bar you make with boy 1 an appointment for tomorrow afternoon and with boy 2 an appointment for that same night.

I utilize that approach from time to time as well as arranging for day time appointment on next or one of following days  with boy I actually offed and have him in my room.

Another option is with massage boy to ask him to come after his shift ends.

This way we realize savings without depriving bar / massage of their chunk 

I shall say this again, as I always do when the bar/apps dispute occurs...if bars were open in the afternoons, I wouldn't need the apps.

I'd not call this dispute, it's just presenting different options and each one has their takers

Many of the boys I know have serious space-time-coordination problems.

(Polite for: can't think further than their next meal; making plans for following afternoon is absurd.)

Many of the boys I know have serious space-time-coordination problems.

(Polite for: can't think further than their next meal; making plans for following afternoon is absurd.)

my statistic sample is not that big but in several cases I had an advance appointment with boy I noticed some pattern, not sure it reflect's Christian's above - If I offed boy already this trip  I'm pretty  sure he will come on time and mostly on the dot. 

Problems are starting with boys previously unknown or offed on previous trips.

My advice I'm applying to myself is to give them time you will wait for him till ie. " come to my room at 3 but if you won't be  here by 3.30 I'm going to have massage at Senso so don't bother".

Next time you will see him  you may get apologies and he will know you are man of your word. ( I still will be waiting till say 3.45

but not much longer )

My advice I'm applying to myself is to give them time you will wait for him till ie. " come to my room at 3 but if you won't be  here by 3.30 I'm going to have massage at Senso so don't bother".

Next time you will see him  you may get apologies and he will know you are man of your word. ( I still will be waiting till say 3.45

but not much longer )

In my experience another reason to avoid apps. You can soon spend a whole evening waiting for boys to turn up whereas you could survey literally hundred in the bars in the same timescale.

Maybe apps for the efternoon and bars for the evening?

I have arranged next-day assignations in bars - on one occasion receiving abuse from the bar-owner for so doing- but am aware that, if a guy receives a better offer from another punter, he'll take it. And that the next day, his circumstances may have changed. The last time I did this- apart from with whom guys I know well- I was kept waiting all afternoon....and eventually he didn't turn-up. For me, a wasted afternoon in a relatively short holiday. 

In my experience another reason to avoid apps...........

..........Maybe apps for the afternoon and bars for the evening?

I don't use apps at all but in no way I'm against them. I think everybody should try different ways to hook up and see how he likes each one.

I like  a bar atmosphere , sitting there , ogling boys , flirting , you name it , so even if it does not produce any company I consider  time in the bar well spent.

Another reason of skipping apps is my poor sight co-ordination i.e. what I see on the picture or on the screen usually is not what I see with my eyes in flesh, so beautiful boy on the screen  turns often mediocre looking or other way around. I rather see and feel  3 dimensions of love I'm renting.

1.I have arranged next-day assignations in bars - on one occasion receiving abuse from the bar-owner for so doing

2.- but am aware that, if a guy receives a better offer from another punter, he'll take it. And that the next day, his circumstances may have changed.

3. last time I did this- I was kept waiting all afternoon....and eventually he didn't turn-up. For me, a wasted afternoon in a relatively short holiday. 

/ my numbering  / 

1.for that reason I'm trying to be discreet  , while I can take abuse from owner I don't want boy to be in trouble . If in doubt I rather give boy off fee to pay next day even if chances are he may pocket it instead.

2. While I understand this I still consider this boy's fault. Only excuse would be if ordered by management to go with another client . Whether I act on such offense is another matter. As reported recently I offed boy who pissed me that way in the past and he fully redeemed himself.   

If arranged with boy to come later or next day I'd honor that even if  more handsome and half price boy came along in meantime  so can expect the same from boys.

3. In order to avoid such wastage it's why I take a  pain to  point how long I will be waiting (  1/4 to 1.2 hr  top ) and then I'm gone

My last exp arranging to meet bot directly works great actually. 1. I already of the boy directly from bar, so its a repeat off so to speak (twice) 2. I didnt arrange the next meeting during the first meeting, in fact its about 2-3 days gap in between. 3. In all three meeting, i still include off fee since i took the boy during his working hour, 9-10pm. 4. The boy can speak good english, have a smart phone, and motorcycle for transport.

All 3 offed was in 3 different hotel, and all i did was text the boy sometimes after lunch to ask his availability that night, and text him my location using line share location about 30min-1hour before the promised time. In both cases, he arrived exactly on time. I dont arrange for afternoon meeting because he says he has day job to attend to and i wanted him for long time anyway.

I was told by a fellow farang that another farang created a pseudo persona in order to trap yet another farangs Thai boyfriend, who

had claimed to stop playing around on the gay apps. In order to set his trap, he mind fucked dozens of others who

wasted their time answering his fake persona. His glee in relating this subterfuge was disturbing.

It takes a fucked up farang to get involved proving the fidelity of another farangs boyfriend. Some farangs feel

empowered to play games and be assholes. Sad wasted lives of old men nobody wants. So many

end up in Pattaya.

[quote name="williewillie" post="116181" timestamp="1508834537" Some farangs feel

empowered to play games and be assholes. Sad wasted lives of old men nobody wants. So many

end up in Pattaya.

Even sader are those that find this noteworthy.