steveboy

Condemnation of "disgusting farangs" in this Land of Smiles...

I'm not so sure, reader. Given the choice between over the top self-censoring by the membership and not being able to access this site from within Thailand, I'd probably choose the latter (there are ways...) because I for one am interested in reading what people really think. Sure, there should be some red lines, and it could be argued that many contentious issues aren't relevant to this particular special-interest forum anyway, but still, members should be able to voice their opinion on happenings in Thailand even if it's at odds with that of Thailand's rulers of the day.

Writer "reader" is simply launching his typical criticism of others.  He is one who frequently opens threads with Thai topics that are not flattering to the locals. 

As much as I've been trying my best to follow Scooby's advice to not "feed the troll," you're appetite is ravenous, Stevie.

Your attempts to make the two idiots who offended the sensibilities of Thai citizens while disrespecting their dominant religion appear to be scapegoats speaks volumes about your need for attention.

As you once admitted that you can't tolerate being ignored when prowling a sauna, you're likewise unable to post here without demanding attention regardless of method.

You are, Stevie, the perfect troll.

Congratulations on your momentous achievement.

Steveboy, I don't think he's doing that, being cautious is definitely a good idea. While the powers that be appear inept when they cannot even fix the prices of lottery tickets a mile from where they park their derrières, let's not forget that they've locked up quite some people who are far brighter than them.

Guest bidreamer

It did not remind you of the images of German, Russian, Japanese soldiers in foreign lands in he days of WWII?  They were not female soldiers kicking and giving some sexual humiliation to their prisoners.  They were male soldiers shooting them and then throwing them in mass graves, or killing civilians in gas chambers.  And... were they punished by their commanders for that? Of course not!  It says a lot about the higher moral standards of the American society that the Americans involved in the acts you mention were prosecuted and punished for their acts by their own American Military. 

And how you compare the reaction to two dumb guys who merely exposed their butts in some public place, to the reaction of soldiers towards captured enemy soldiers whose task was to kill them?  

Why shouldn't tourists be entitled to their opinions and so praise or criticize what they observe in the lands they visit?  By the criticism in your comment and by the way you don't want people to have opinions, you seem to have quite a totalitarian mentality.  Criticism is insulting and negative only when it is told to the wrong people at the wrong time and circumstances.

Steveboy, as I said I do not draw conclusions about Americans from such episode, it shows how silly it is to do so. But this exactly what you seemed to do about Thailand! And, peobably you are the only one to whom it was not clear, that the example was not a comparison to naked butts in temple, but to the brutal hazing story you gave. And, for all we know, the guys responsible might receive death sentence, not go unpunished.... The story was also out in the mainstream media, it seems, despite all this 'totalitarian repression' (Of course, there is a lot to criticize in this respect in Thai society)

yes, this forum is also a good place for criticism, we all have our own experiences of deception and fraud and whatever in Thailand, and share them here. But these are OUR stories, not hand-picked news pieces, and most members don't tell them to say 'look this is what the Thais truly are'

although your other comments on totalitarian mentality do not deserve a response, but...who is now getting silly and personal, when people exercise their right to free speech???

I just came across this photo in Some Model Photoshots of a disgusting Asian posing, with his erection, in front of a Christian Church. 5555555 . Throw him in Jail.

If the laws of the country where the photo was taken call for it, we're in agreement. If you can't do the time, don't be do the crime.

I hasten to add that while his decision to use a place of worship is indeed disgusting, he does seem to have some redeeming personal qualities that the judiciary may or may not choose to consider in sentencing.

Regarding the photo above, there is a slight distinction between the two acts involved.

The Americans bared their butts inside the temple where people worship. The Asian is outside the church which is acting as a backdrop.

It would be a different matter should he appear like that inside the church in front of the altar.

What photo 

Regarding the photo above, there is a slight distinction between the two acts involved.

The Americans bared their butts inside the temple where people worship. The Asian is outside the church which is acting as a backdrop.

It would be a different matter should he appear like that inside the church in front of the altar.

Not sure what photo you saw of the two Americans, a447a? The one I saw had the two Americans outside the temple and at a distance from it.

It always amazes me that people have such an over-reaction to a 5000 baht fine for people baring their backsides in the grounds of a temple

My question is not whether the punishment fits the crime.  My question is why would anyone want to do that in the first place? 

And why at a temple?  There are plenty of other places where they can get their thrill by baring their hind ends.  I have a suggestion for them.  Next time, try it in front of a police station . . .

There is no doubt that Singapore is a repressive regime, evident by their repressive laws.  As a gay man, the first that comes to mind is their anti-gay law section 377A.  And their "sedition" law is typical of a repressive regime.

But to vacation in a place is different than to live there, and I have been traveling to Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand without problems. 

So as a tourist you happily and frequently complain about the government of Thailand and its laws. I assume therefore you have equally criticised in similar vein the government of Singapore? There is after all a Singapore section in this forum. Funny I cant find your criticisms there. Just a post about the delights of gay sex in Singapore saunas. How about that other single party state that is a dictatorship in all but name with even greater restrictions on civil liberties - Malaysia? Theres also a Malaysia forum in case you forgot!

As a tourist in Singapore and Malaysia, Ill bet you have never once gone up to a mosque or a Hindu Temple or Christian Church or a Chinese Temple, dropped your pants, taken a photo and left behind (sic) a group of amazed and shocked locals. Do correct me if I am wrong. But I reckon Im right because you would have faced much harsher penalties than those levied on those moron tourists in Thailand.

In malaysia, if u do that, i think the local will give you their own punishment first thatll make u feel relief when the police comes to save u.

And this teenager faced three years in jail for insulting singapore's prime minister

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/31/singapore-teenager-amos-yee-pang-sang-charged-critical-lee-kuan-yew-video