forrestreid

A Recent Trip to Hua Hin

Another transport option now is the Catamaran from Hua Hin to Pattaya .

Wouldn't that be the same transport option referred to in the opening post ?    Or is there competition on this route that no one has posted about before ?

When I travelled from Hua Hin to Pattaya a couple of years ago, there was no ferry or catamaran, so I took the excellent Bell Travel bus.    If I remember correctly, that was very comfortable, took just over 4 hours & cost about 400 baht.   

That's a lot cheaper than the ferry, although I would at least try the ferry if it's still operating next time. 

Wouldn't that be the same transport option referred to in the opening post ? Or is there competition on this route that no one has posted about before ?

When I travelled from Hua Hin to Pattaya a couple of years ago, there was no ferry or catamaran, so I took the excellent Bell Travel bus. If I remember correctly, that was very comfortable, took just over 4 hours & cost about 400 baht.

That's a lot cheaper than the ferry, although I would at least try the ferry if it's still operating next time.

The OP referred to a “Ferry” not a “Catamaran” so I assume there is now also a ferry service?

The OP referred to a “Ferry” not a “Catamaran” so I assume there is now also a ferry service?

Surely the catamaran is the ferry. A ferry is a merchant vessel used for the movement of passengers and sometimes vehicles. The vessel can take different forms. A catamaran is a vessel with twins hulls as opposed to a monohull with one hull or a hydrofoil which lifts up onto foils. All three are frequently used as forms of ferry.

Surely the catamaran is the ferry. A ferry is a merchant vessel used for the movement of passengers and sometimes vehicles. The vessel can take different forms. A catamaran is a vessel with twins hulls as opposed to a monohull with one hull or a hydrofoil which lifts up onto foils. All three are frequently used as forms of ferry.

Perhaps I am being a little pedantic but I responded to an advertisement for a “New Catamaran Service” from Pattaya to Hua Hin when I made the trip in March 2017.

Hua Hin is a place I have oft heard referred to but never been,

Having read the report, which is both excellent and informative thanks, I am still wondering whether, in hindsight, it was worth the expense and the effort?

Certainly having your guide seemed to offer a far better experience than had you tried to get around solo,

The night life does sound disappointing, maybe best to take a 'friend' with you?

Hua Hin is a place I have oft heard referred to but never been,

Having read the report, which is both excellent and informative thanks, I am still wondering whether, in hindsight, it was worth the expense and the effort?

Certainly having your guide seemed to offer a far better experience than had you tried to get around solo,

The night life does sound disappointing, maybe best to take a 'friend' with you?

Or find boys there through the apps .

Sounds like you had a great day in Hua Hin with your guide. How much did he charge you for the one day experience? And did you have to book him long time before you arrived?

I can also highly recommend Suphot for travel and as a guide anywhere in Thailand.

I have toured the temples in Southern Isan, along the border with Cambodia, with him.

And this past November, he took me and my Filipino friend to the Floating Market south of BKK.

He is a great driver and knows all of the places!!!

Guest Morph

Thanks for a well detailed report on Hua Hin. This would be helpful for me coz i am planning to go there in the 23-27 May.