TMax

My June trip

Grabbed a sim card for the phone at the airport and slipped downstairs to grab a taxi, even handed the driver the Raya card with the map on it and he still didn't know where to go but eventually he got it when I started naming things close by and Soi Thaniya were the magic words.

Had similar experience last year. After saying Rama 4 to Surawong without success. Then tried Thaniya, and he replied "boom-boom" with a laugh, and that's where he dropped me. Gave him the 500 I had  agreed to, grabbed by bags from back seat, and realized I was "home" again as I glanced up the soi and saw hundreds of ladies assembled as if for reveille.

Just a slack day really and not too much to rave on about as I was getting some shopping and a few other things done. Waxing done at La Nature, love the work those ladies do and they don't muck about, walked in at 10:00 and out again at 10:30. Took in the Han Solo movie, was a bit disappointed with it, not too bad but some scenes tended to drag on a bit. Also tried out Hooters, well the staff were good, the food okay (certainly nothing to write home about) but the recorded music way too loud but the live music was pretty good. Another oddity is that they have the windows facing Silom open and the aircons directly above them running flat out. Still got some things to do and will start hitting the gay massage shops again in the coming days (saving Nine spa for Monday), you don't want to here about my visits to the straight ones so I will spare you the details there. Will be out looking for a couple of good books today so a visit to Dasa books is on the cards.

Stay tuned

I think it was Reader that recommended the book The Sympathiser, it is a great read

Thanks for reminding me, will definitely keep a look out for it

Off to la Nature today for some waxing. 

To be continued

FYI: there is a new male waxing shop in Silom Plaza (where Arena is) on the ground floor, right hand side, called WAXLAVA (www.waxlava.com). Unfortunately they don't have price list online, so I went today to inquire. Quite expensive relative to my usual place (Up 2 Salon in Charn Issara Tower), so not sure I'll try them...

upper back and shoulder area 600/800/1200/1900

lower back 500/700/800/1700

whole back 900/1200/1500/2900

Brazilian - / - / 1800/2000

Hollywood - / - / 2000/2200

the different prices are for the different types of wax they are offering: 

Strip Wax (cold) / Soft Wax (cold) / Silky Wax (hot) / Lava Wax (hot, no cloth)

That's a pretty high price variation for a commodity which I previously thought was all the same. After all, it is just something to stick to the hair to allow it to be ripped out.

Or what am I missing?

Up2 salon don't seem to have a website either, unless you count a Facebook site for Facebook members.

FYI I actually like going to La Nature and there service is good

Bit boring stuff which is why no update just yet, mostly shopping and some tourist stuff but I did have the pleasure of meeting vinapu the other day. Tomorrow I am at Nine Spa and will report after that, my treat for this trip is a 4 hands massage there. I know some dislike 4 hands massage and others think it's a waste but I enjoy them and am looking forward to this one.

my treat for this trip is a 4 hands massage there. I know some dislike 4 hands massage and others think it's a waste but I enjoy them and am looking forward to this one.

have fun, formula for better 4 hands experience is to pick up first boy and let him to pick up another one with our blessing of course, at least that is what i think

have fun, formula for better 4 hands experience is to pick up first boy and let him to pick up another one with our blessing of course, at least that is what i think

That approach is hard to work out at a smaller book-ahead-by-photo shop (typically how Nine operates).  Sometimes it's best to try to figure it out through open communication with Manager (and then making sure the Manager tells the guys).  That approach works for me. ;)

Personally I think the issue with 4 hands massages is sometimes we go in with unreasonably high expectations.  They can be different, interesting and fun!

Guest Promsak

Quite expensive relative to my usual place (Up 2 Salon in Charn Issara Tower), so not sure I'll try them...

Had my hair cut for years at Up 2.

This waxing explains the occasional screams from the back room -- disappointing really.

It had grown alright, about average in length but bloody hell the damn thing was thicker than a bloody coke can, sad to say it but I don't have an orifice in this body that could handle that beast and I certainly wouldn't even try. So 2 happy endings...

I, too, have a preference for length over girth....with a slight upward bend. But I'm never disappointed as long as the equipment presented is suitably engorged.

Massage is 700 baht for 90 minutes and was pretty good, during the massage I was asked if I wanted special, happy ending. So out of curiosity I asked how much (I wasn't after one just the massage), well blow me sideways, they want 2000 baht just for a quick hand job, no thanks just the massage was my reply. Seriously to me that is just a joke, for that price I get full service (and I mean full) at just about any of the gay massage places. .

I think that was clearly fishing for somebody naive or extremely horny. I had the same in Royal House massage in Pattaya on the last trip. In such  a case what you did : '' no, thanks"  is the best way of handling it as haggling to bring tip  down would give such request  a whiff of legitimacy.  

No Babylon? Many cute guys there four weeks ago, some of whom were interested in falangs.

No sorry but I don't do saunas, thought about it once but just not for me

Okay now for some mundane stuff.

I stayed at the Raya and like last time found it quite good and was more than satisfied with my stay there, just a note and that I think it may be down to construction standards but some cracks are now starting to appear, mostly in the cornices and door frames and I can see a little bit of maintenance on the way soon. When the new construction in that area goes ahead if it causes vibrations at all these cracks will surely widen.

Took in a couple of the museums, finally managed to get to Museum Siam and out to the Air-force museum, in time getting to the air-force museum will be so easy as the BTS is being extended out past there and one of the stops will be at the front of the museum.

Had a few meals in the German Thai restaurant G's on soi 4, quite liked it there, the food was good and they have a nice selection of beers if you want to try something different. 

Took in some movies, Han Solo (not too bad), Deadpool 2 (pretty good but a few scenes tended to drag on a little too long) , Jurassic World (latest one and wasn't too bad), Oceans 8 (nope, this is just a rehash of the Oceans theme but with all women cast). Saved the better one for last, Hotel Artemis, I liked this one and thought it was the best one I watched over the trip.

Weather wasn't too bad, first week was a good amount of rain but you could easily work around the rainy periods.

On leaving the trip to the airport was a nightmare, I had a late checkout from the hotel and headed to the airport at 6pm, bad move as it was bumper to bumper and mostly stationary on Rama IV from Surawong all the way to the end of Lumpini Park and it took 3/4 of an hour just to get that far. Then there was the surprise, instead of turning left and heading to Sirat Expressway the driver turned right, took another 15 minutes or so to get through the toll booth. I have never gone this way to Suvarnabhumi before and was a bit lost when I kept seeing signs indicating Chonburi and Pattaya but all good in the end. Got to the arport with plenty of time to spare and time to sit back and have some food and coffee. Oh and whilst stuck in the traffic on Rama IV the rain came down hard.