Terry4

Is it possible to be bored in Thailand?

Yes it is possible to plan out your holiday's in minute detail with tightly scripted daily schedules. No sitting on the end of the bed, feeling bored, wondering what to do now if you do that.

I guess we all have our routines each day, to varying degrees and acknowledged or not, but there are limits LOL

At home, my PA ensures that my work days are fully occupied and often on a tight schedule - she puts it all into my diary, travelling times, everything. Its what she is paid to do and if I follow it I get everything done that I need to do.

So actually, holidays are a chance to escape from all that for a few weeks at least, I might go to sleep at night promising myself that I will do this and that tomorrow. But when tomorrow comes I am just as likely to change my mind and do something different.

So, sitting on the end of the bed wondering what to do is indeed a kind of boredom, but also, looked at from a different perspective, its also a freedom to do what I want that is, for me at least, a luxury of being on holiday.

...., its also a freedom to do what I want that is, for me at least, a luxury of being on holiday.

very well said. For me too, vacations are from everything , including daily routine.

I have basic plan for every holiday but don't have any attachment to it, it's just to put together ideas of what I want to do and see. 

This is why I advise to have some trip plan, for such organizational value

Sometimes I realize it to the last point , other times it gets derailed sooner or later .

Thailand trips are particularly prone to derailment due to all those massage boys sitting outside of shops and waving price lists at me . I may not even think about visiting this or that place but all of the sudden there's that younger brother of Apollo standing at front of some obscure place and I know I need to put my hands on him and my wallet to good use so fuck with day plan from that moment on.

I learned that often occasion will not repeat itself - boy will be gone , occupied or will not look as attractive as today so  try to act on it.

Only time really when I stick to plan  is when I have prearranged meeting , then even Apollo twins and their older brother would not derail me from heading where somebody is waiting for me. I don't want my parents to roll in their graves.

I just had a thought ( it happens ) about my stated aversion to the apps. It might steam from years as a consultant with demanding large corporate clients. I lived by blackberry then smartphone. God, long before we had email I would go to the central post office in Bangkok to call in for messages - on holiday!!

It might just be that I love the personal, free from electronics realm of bars and massage shops.

One thing surprised me here. I always give the masseur a blow job and have never had him say no - but, I do tend to tip well.

because the posts above indicate that it needs to be negotiated in advance. I have not found that to be the case; however, the post above also indicate that it might cause issues only with those punters who think the minimum tip covers everything, thus my indication that I tip well.

I find online dating and social network extremely time consuming. Wake up 8 in the morning, have a quick look at hornet and blued and facebook, and suddenly it's 9! Same at night, after being out for sightseeing all day. Can easily spend an hour browsing profiles and chatting, and often without leading to meeting someone.

5 minutes from entry my hand may be resting on some handsome knee.

AND the knee is a real one. You can look, touch and feel; knowing what you get. That reminds me of past years of reading Christian's skin temperature test - how the hell do you assess that by an app?  I'll keep bar hopping.

I am a planner by nature as well, so usually have some list of things I'd like to do. In BKK it's much easier for me to find stuff to do. I also appreciate the public transit system for getting around.

I don't visit Pattaya very often - maybe every 3rd trip or so. I do find it easier to get bored there. I am not a beach person so I don't go there. I do like shopping so I will spend some time at the big mall wandering around. I agree also that late afternoon is a good time for massage.