t0oL1

sending money

yes Western Union is very fast (they presumably don't actually "transfer" the money cross border, it's basically all internal) and very easy for both sender and recipient - BUT at a price, it is outrageously expensive. The stated fees are steep already, plus a horrible exchange rate maybe 5 or even 10% away from market rates (depending on the currency). Massive rip-off machine. But yes, very useful at times lol

On 8/30/2019 at 6:47 AM, Travellerdave said:

Yes Western Union is where Thai boys love to go !

They sure do. My beef with WU centres on the fact that it's expensive to do the transaction online (as in bank transfer to WU for pickup in cash). Cash to cash is cheaper but their branch network in the UK is poor. Often have to visit several branches before I find one that has a working terminal or staff that know what they're doing, or even branches that exist. Their website lists several who no longer operate or are shown in the wrong location.

I've found Kia much much better and can all be done online with cash pickup at cheaper rates than WU. Boys manage to work out Kia pickup sites too!

On 8/25/2019 at 3:54 AM, NIrishGuy said:

One thing we can all rest easy about - boys may not know their postal addresses but they sure as hell know their own bank account details and sort codes plus their nearest Western Union office to allow us to deposit money quickly should the need arise  ! :)

Asked for his address (money transfer form). LONG wait in chat. Finally a map shows up with Pattayaklang soi 17 & Yen Sabai (Nice Boys address I know from previous friend).

Then I am going through his Facebook page. A picture of his rent bill (~3400bT 2 weeks?). Using Google Translate Ia friend asked where? and his quick reply in Thai (won't say where here).

Boy do I feel demoted. But can't fault him- he deserves his life and privacy. Doesn't want a farang stalking him or to be seen with farang in his neighborhood as a rent boy. Doesn't want to introduce his wife/child to "Grandpa Farang/ATM".