12is12

no pickpockets?

Just now, 12is12 said:

Thx, but that's not what I meant.

Do boys in bars when seating with patrons ever get grabby fingers?

No, but they will nag for money for food, rent, police fines. I agree care is needed with Ladyboys in Pattaya. Don't as I once did, leave your wallet on the table in a massage room, lol. 

59 minutes ago, Jasper said:

I have never heard of  a gogo boy pickpocketing money from customer in the bar.

Majority of gogo boys are surprisingly honest.

There is no reason why gogo bar boy will do so he will face serious problem with his patron in the bar.

I usually leaving my credit cards , passport and my money in the inroom safety box  and taking the minimum amount of cash I need with me so even if I would had been pickpocketing ( which never happened ) it's not a big lost.

3 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Thx, but that's not what I meant.

Do boys in bars when seating with patrons ever get grabby fingers?

In gogo bars they generally aren't wearing enough to conceal the loot :D and in host bars, as others have said, this isn't usually a problem.

You are more likely to lose money through confusing red 100 and purple 500 baht notes in a dimly-lit bar, or even by forgetting you gave 1000 and receiving change for 500 - which is why  waiters often make a point of telling you what you handed over, to avoid arguments later.

13 hours ago, Jasper said:

I have never heard of  a gogo boy pickpocketing money from customer in the bar.

Majority of gogo boys are surprisingly honest.

it's tempting to say , many of their patrons are surprisingly honest too.

being moneyboy does not make one more prone to dishonesty  IMNSHO.

In 20 trips I had only one case when guy, who was a bit drunk , took visible interest in my shirt pocket  so I felt bit  dis-comfortable . It was in Happy Boys , now defunct bar in Sunny Plaza vicinity. Other than that never ever  in bar or massage I had any problems. It's one of reasons I like Thailand , never need to look behind my back.

Still basic sensible precaution  should be taken, no need to take wad of 20 1000 baht notes when visiting bar although 20 20 baht notes may help, particularly in Nice Boys , Sunee 

13 hours ago, Boy69 said:

I usually leaving my credit cards , passport and my money in the inroom safety box  and taking the minimum amount of cash I need with me so even if I would had been pickpocketing ( which never happened ) it's not a big lost.

Always good to carry one credit card with you at all times. If involved in an accident or needing emergency medical treatment a credit card will be required. And a copy of your passport.

I've said this before- maybe even on this very forum- but one of the abiding memories of my first time in Bangkok, was dropping my wallet in Blue Star (where Dreamboys used to be) and of a waiter running down the soi to return it to me.

I've never had a baht  stolen in over seventy visits. Of course, I take sensible precautions.

It's really up to you. 20 baht is really a small tip maybe can be acceptable at some bars at Sunee Plaza Pattaya but in Bangkok or Boyz Town Pattaya I will not give less than 100 baht tip. If a buy is sitting with me long time in the bar and decided not off him I tend to tip him up to 500 Baht.

4 hours ago, 12is12 said:

20 baht = 60 American cents.

Is this a tip sum for something?

at Nice Boys  you can call guy from the scene for a quick feel of his rigid member  in exchange for 20 baht tip .

I tip 20 baht each time waiter brings  drink and in restaurant when  total tab is less than 300.

20 baht buys you tray of freshly peeled fruit on the street, healthy snack  or two pieces of pork on the stick, less healthy one

1 hour ago, 12is12 said:

Nice Boys is in Pattaya, right?

Good reason to visit.

Beyond the sexual aspect, sounds a bit funny. Hope the boys like it.

Yes, Sunee Plaza in Pattaya, plaza is bit hidden but only short walk from main drags.

Yes , guys like it and those small tips are  accumulating sometimes quite fast.

Visit in that bar is a must if you not shy.

If you are shy, even more recommended as it will cure you fast from that alignment.

On 11/9/2019 at 11:03 PM, 12is12 said:

Nice Boys is in Pattaya, right?

Good reason to visit.

Beyond the sexual aspect, sounds a bit funny. Hope the boys like it.

They seem to. There's usually a good atmosphere on stage, with plenty of interaction between the boys and with the customers, not just glumly staring at their phones like in some other places. Whether the boys themselve are to your taste,  you will (as ever) have to discover for yourself, but a visit is recommended even if you don't off anyone.

Oh, and for just B300 you too can sponsor your very own chuck-wow contest :shok::clapping::p