jason1975

The Boyfriend Experience (trip report - Dec 2019 and Jan 2020)

Nice touch indeed! I would be very embarressed though lol. I dont want to announce to all hotel staff that im there with my quasi bf. But i guess im not used to hotels being this progressive lol. Did u tell the hotel early on that you are with your bf? Or they just guess based on two guys staying in the same hotel?

7 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

Later when dancer boyfriend and I had a look at the bathrobes, he said, “Actually, I was perfectly fine taking the “Hers” bathrobe.”

My reply: “No, you can’t! “Hers” bathrobe is wider at the front for woman’s breasts!”

Maybe im reading into this too much. They could simply change it due to practicality. Like u said, robes size might be diff. And toileteries for guys and girls also diff.

I think being hotel staff, they probably have seen and met all types of guests.

at the pool in the afternoon, there were two farang guys lying on deck chairs side by side and suntanning in skimpy swimming  trunks.

during breakfast, I saw a pair of hunky gay Taiwanese. “Saw” is not the correct word. I think I ogled at them eating. Dancer boyfriend was busy reading latest news on Wuhan virus.

and on our way to breakfast, we even shared lift with two other guys. One farang (looks like from Eastern Europe) and a dark skinned Asian guy (could be Thai, Laos or Myanmar). It was obvious that they had just finished long time. Asian guy was fully dressed - T-shirt, jeans and shoes while farang was wearing T-shirt, bermudas and slippers. The lift door opened. They walked out first but instead of heading to the breakfast buffet, they made a right turn to the next set of lifts to go down to ground floor.

i know a certain forum member would be aghast that the gentleman wasn’t gentlemanly enough to offer breakfast to his guest for the night!

14 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

at the pool in the afternoon, there were two farang guys lying on deck chairs side by side and suntanning in skimpy swimming  trunks.

during breakfast, I saw a pair of hunky gay Taiwanese. “Saw” is not the correct word. I think I ogled at them eating. Dancer boyfriend was busy reading latest news on Wuhan virus.

and on our way to breakfast, we even shared lift with two other guys. One farang (looks like from Eastern Europe) and a dark skinned Asian guy (could be Thai, Laos or Myanmar). It was obvious that they had just finished long time. Asian guy was fully dressed - T-shirt, jeans and shoes while farang was wearing T-shirt, bermudas and slippers. The lift door opened. They walked out first but instead of heading to the breakfast buffet, they made a right turn to the next set of lifts to go down to ground floor.

i know a certain forum member would be aghast that the gentleman wasn’t gentlemanly enough to offer breakfast to his guest for the night!

They might have had early breakfast already and went up for second session before sending him off? Or maybe they were heading out for breakfast outside? Or boy told farang he dont want breakfast. Or farang simply dont offer him breakfast coz he also didnt book hotel with breakfast? Lol

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

very very true, especially so at the SO (lol), which is very gay popular and markets itself as such, and also hosts a regular (monthly? or even weekly? I don't know) gay pool party.

Glad to hear about your lovely bfe and looking forward to read more about it in this thread :) 

2 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I know a certain forum member would be aghast that the gentleman wasn’t gentlemanly enough to offer breakfast to his guest for the night!

11 minutes ago, anddy said:

might that be our generous @vinapu? Hehe ;) 

Not sure Jason meant me but since I was mentioned few words of clarification:

Yes I almost universally offer breakfast ( as well as dinner evening before ) to my LT offs but it has less to do with generosity and more than selfishness . Hungry guy may mean upset guy so better to avoid it in view of night together ahead and breakfast  means  more time with guy I liked. One of my signals that I was not happy with performance is skipping breakfast invitation.

So yes, I think  breakfast invitation is gentlemanly enough but Spoon summarized nicely reasons  why possibly other two guys skipped it. I may add one more - guy may not be that comfortable in 5 star hotel's breakfast room. When I was breakfasting  with quite heavily tattooed hunk in Amara , stares at him were very visible, fortunately he did not mind but noticed it too. 

So actually that farang was possibly  acting caring and gentlemanly  by not dragging his guy with him to a breakfast. 

5 hours ago, spoon said:

I would be very embarressed though lol. I dont want to announce to all hotel staff that im there with my quasi bf.

Why be embarrassed what's wrong with gay couple staying in a hotel ?

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

When I was breakfasting  with quite heavily tattooed hunk in Amara , stares at him were very visible, fortunately he did not mind but noticed it too. 

This things don't buther me at all I really don't care what others thinks !

On 1/28/2020 at 8:22 PM, spoon said:

Did u tell the hotel early on that you are with your bf? Or they just guess based on two guys staying in the same hotel?

Unless I'm missing something, the hotel has merely concluded that 2 both guests are male, without any presumption about boyfriend status ?

19 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Why be embarrassed what's wrong with gay couple staying in a hotel ?

Well, two normal gay couple maybe, but ome super hot model type with the opposite of hot couple surely invite some staring lol I know PC people will say who cares but i cant help it if i felt that way. I do notice some of the guys are also u comfortable too. Glad Jason's bf was quite sporting about it hehe.

45 minutes ago, z909 said:

Unless I'm missing something, the hotel has merely concluded that 2 both guests are male, without any presumption about boyfriend status ?

Given the hotel location and status, i made the assumption that the hotel thought its a gay couple. Maybe im wrong and like i said above, the reception might just change since robes and toileteries for guys are different, hence the change.

While it is true that the hotel would change “his” “her” amenities to “his” “his” amenities for two guys sharing a room for purely practical reasons, in my case, I was pretty sure that the receptionist lady realised that we were a gay couple. She showed a surprised reaction of reliasation on her face when we presented our passports of such different countries. But it’s alright. She and the other hotel staff gave good service. During breakfast the following morning, we got down late (because dancer boyfriend was happily asleep) and we had to be seated inside. But once a table at the outside (facing the wall-to-ceiling glass window with views of Lumpini park) became available, they transferred us there straightaway. Throughout the whole time whenever I talked to the hotel staff, I was ooohing and aaaahing about the hotel loudly. (“Wow, your hotel is amazing.” “This is my first time here and I like your hotel so much”.) they kind of got the hint that I wanted my stay with dancer boyfriend to be perfect.

22 hours ago, vinapu said:

When I was breakfasting  with quite heavily tattooed hunk in Amara , stares at him were very visible, fortunately he did not mind but noticed it too. 

I actually got the idea to book a one-night stay at a 5-star hotel from you and I didn’t regret it! Yes, it was pricey - USD250 compared to USD80 at The Raya, but the facilities and service made my stay with Dancer boyfriend so unforgettable!

8 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I actually got the idea to book a one-night stay at a 5-star hotel from you...... 

Thank you ! Me as inspiration for trying high  end accommodation ? I never thought I will live that long to hear that !

Nothing wrong with splurging from time to time and treating ourselves and our companions with something better. Life is so short.  I do it from time to time , universally I like experience but also universally I don't think it's money well spent. But still will do it again and again, funds permitting. Even at Raya they have that Grand Deluxe rooms size of my condo.

as a general statement though I'd book luxury accommodation to treat myself  and my guy but not with intention of impressing him. Few times I noticed they  weren't that impressed as for lot of them even Baan Silom ot Nantra are very luxurious. They may also think with some degree  of merit that  we should rather increase their tip than splurge on  temporary luxuries. 

One of my massage guys was quite a bitter describing experience of being offed to Lebua but all that luxury did not translate to   his tip being more than the same clinet gave in in the shop day earlier.

There are plenty of reasonable booking options in Silom area very good hotels with breakfast and swimming pool such as Furama and Le Siam both offering their better rooms well bellow $100 which I booked on my upcoming trip next week .For me booking high end rooms is a waste of money because I rarely stay in my room except for sleeping . Trying to impress boys seems silly to me because they only want to do their business get the fee and go , it doesn't really matter to them if it's in five stars hotel or backpackers guesthouse .

7 hours ago, Boy69 said:

..... Furama and Le Siam both offering their better rooms well bellow $100 which I booked on my upcoming trip next week .For me booking high end rooms is a waste of money because I rarely stay in my room except for sleeping 

so why you did not book at Nantra Silom or Pavillion Place?

Nantra Silom or Pavillion Place don't have swimming pool and seems to me very medicore options. Furama has very spacious rooms and rooftop swimming pool , Le Siam (Swiss lodge) has swimming pool as well ,vrey nice rooms,  excellent breakfast and restaurant its location is unbeatable.both are very reasonable priced.

5 hours ago, Boy69 said:

...  Le Siam (Swiss lodge) has swimming pool as well ...

The hotel is ok in my opinion and I booked many times, but I think the swimming pool doesn't deserve the name.
For Songkran-lovers: It's a good base, they play music in front of the entrance and supply beer (for drinking) and water (for fighting).

On 1/30/2020 at 8:00 PM, vinapu said:

so why you did not book at Nantra Silom or Pavillion Place?

For me, the sweet spot is paying just enough to get a hotel that's clean, comfortable,  has everything working, is in an acceptable location and looks OK.

The Nantra fails on several of those criteria.   

For slightly more money, the Baan Silom meets all my criteria.   

However if my stock portfolio does spectacularly well in the next few years, I would fly further forward on the plane and spend more on hotels too.   

12 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I am so sorry that I couldn’t find the time to continue this trip report.

lo and behold, I will be in Bangkok next week!

I think only option we have is to forgive you and wait patiently for  next trips report