pauleiro

Cuba summary

• Members
3 hours ago, axiom2001 said:

He relayed to me that Parque Central across the street from that gorgeous hotel is full of guys on the hunt.   He told me that he's hooked up many times while frequenting this area

Parque Central is indeed a cruising place mentionned in the list I posted above. It is full of tourists during the day and I did not check at night (I was in Vedado). I did not see a place "full of guys ln the hunt". As in Bano Quijote, differenciating boys who are on the hunt and boys who are waiting for someone or simply using wifi is not easy task ! 

• Members
3 hours ago, pauleiro said:

Parque Central is indeed a cruising place mentionned in the list I posted above. It is full of tourists during the day and I did not check at night (I was in Vedado). I did not see a place "full of guys ln the hunt". As in Bano Quijote, differenciating boys who are on the hunt and boys who are waiting for someone or simply using wifi is not easy task ! 

I have never been to Cuba, but I would be surprised if the language of street cruising were not the same as in other cities I have been to. If I am correct, it should be very easy to differentiate who is cruising and who is not. It is just a matter of making eye contact and smiling. 

It is harder to distinguish who is doing it for money and who is not. You have to start talking for that.

Edited by Latbear4blk

• Members
On 10/25/2019 at 6:29 AM, pauleiro said:

I will let the people who actually went to Cuba answer, but remember that in Cuba there are 2 currencies CUC (convertible pesos)  and CUP local pesos, the money used by locals). 1 CUC = 26 CUP.

So 25 CUC = 25*26 CUP = 650 CUP

I found very interesting this article on cuban money

https://whynotcuba.com/category/essentials/cuban-money/

The Cuban monetary system is undergoing revision now (started January 1) that will remove the CUC system and move all Cubans and visitors to a single currency. 

If you have old CUCs around (which are illegal to remove from the country) they will be collectors items shortly. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-11/cuba-to-end-dual-currency-system-from-january-in-crisis-reform#:~:text=Cuba to End Dual Currency System in 2021 Amid Crisis Reform,-By&text=Cuba will end its decades,President Miguel Diaz-Canel said.&text=Diaz-Canel had announced the unification in October.

• Members

The main attraction starts on Avenida 23 up by the Malecon. Local boys like to hang out and drink on the Malecon wall and socialize on weekends. If you are looking for a "date" the local talent can still be found outside at the Bim Bop ice cream bar. Depending on the night, there are some incredible options working the street. There is always hustler action as well in the Parque Central, across from the Hotel Parque Central. You may get lucky and meet one of the boxers that work out at the boxing gym down the street.

The "gay" bars are further west on La Infanta --  just look for the young boys hanging out around the doors of the clubs like Las Vegas. They are looking for foreigners to pay their way in. For the more adventurousl, the best scene is the private parties, usually held in the old resort hotels in Miramar (like Melia, Copacabana, etc.) but you need to know when and where. Like most Latin countries, the party starts late and usually goes until sunrise so be ready for lots of dancing, salsa, and flirting.  Local guides can be found online and can help direct you for $30-40 USD per day plus tip.

Hope that helps you enjoy Havana!

Edited by macdaddi

19 hours ago, macdaddi said:

A atração principal começa na Avenida 23 até o Malecón. Os meninos locais gostam de sair e beber na parede do Malecón e socializar nos fins de semana. Se você está procurando um "encontro", o talento local ainda pode ser encontrado do lado de fora na sorveteria Bim Bop. Dependendo da noite, existem opções incríveis de trabalhar na rua. Sempre há ação agitada também no Parque Central, em frente ao Hotel Parque Central. Você pode ter sorte e encontrar um dos boxeadores que malham na academia de boxe da rua.

Os bares "gays" ficam mais a oeste em La Infanta - basta olhar para os garotos que passam por aí em clubes como Las Vegas. Eles procuram estrangeiros para pagar sua passagem. Para os mais aventureiros, o melhor cenário são as festas privadas, geralmente realizadas nos antigos hotéis resort de Miramar (como Melia, Copacabana, etc.) mas é preciso saber quando e onde . Como a maioria dos países latinos, a festa começa tarde e geralmente vai até o amanhecer, então esteja pronto para muita dança, salsa e flerte. Guias locais podem ser encontrados online e podem ajudar a direcioná-lo por US $ 30-40 por dia, mais gorjeta.

Espero que ajude você a aproveitar Havana!

Great tips, how much are the boys charging?

42 minutes ago, Yago said:

Great tips, how much are the boys charging?

The preceding poster cited the usual rates that have been in existence for about six years or longer.  Sometimes the quoted fee/rate is miniscule, under $30.   I write based on what I experienced as well as what I've read in previous posts.  ...usually no more than $40 for playing and laying!  

If you have not read the previous posts, I'd suggest that you do; it would help tremendously.  

35 minutes ago, Axiom2020 said:

O pôster anterior citou as taxas usuais que já existiam há cerca de seis anos ou mais. Às vezes, a taxa / taxa cotada é minúscula, abaixo de $ 30. Escrevo com base no que experimentei e também no que li em posts anteriores. ... normalmente não mais do que $ 40 para jogar e jogar!  

Se você não leu os posts anteriores, sugiro que leia; isso ajudaria tremendamente.  

Thanks, I did read ... I just wanted to know if there was any significant change, I am very doubtful between Cuba and the Dominican Republic, but from what I read here the boys in Cuba are less mechanical ....

Thanks again for the tips.

• Members

When I was there 3 years ago, I saw absolutely nothing going on at the Parque Central, or at the famed 23 & L corner, or on La Rampa (23 from L to the Malecon). However, there was a tiny park between the Rampa and Infanta where the boys now gathered to peddle their wares. It might be what shows up on Google Maps as Parque 25 y O. By about 10 pm, it was easy to find by wandering the area (police-state Havana is super safe) because that's the only crowd around. Pickings to my liking were slim.

Saw lots of cute young gays at trendy bars and music venues, though. They seemed pretty open and out and nobody cared.

• Members

I have to agree.  Havana is a very interesting place to visit but the idea that it's a hot gay travel destination is an urban myth.

I was there in 2016 & there was very little going on near La Rampa.  There was some kind of rent boy scene in the Parque Central however.

I was in Havana a couple years ago & hired a tour guide on Scruff for 3 days - he was amazing....as a real tour guide.  One evening, he took me to biggest gay venue in Cuba at the National Theatre.  It was happening once a week and was formally allowed/recognized by the government.  Drag queens, floor show and late night electro pop.  It was an authentic Havana gay nightclub for locals w hundreds of people.  No other foreigners there from what I could tell.  People were very friendly.  Well worth the visit. 

• Members
36 minutes ago, Slvkguy said:

One evening, he took me to biggest gay venue in Cuba at the National Theatre.  It was happening once a week and was formally allowed/recognized by the government.  Drag queens, floor show and late night electro pop.  It was an authentic Havana gay nightclub for locals w hundreds of people.  No other foreigners there from what I could tell.  People were very friendly.  Well worth the visit. 

You’re referring to Cafe Cantente, the gay disco on Saturday nights only, which is open from 12 am - 6 am, the later the better.

it’s still going on.