TotallyOz

Happy Gay Pride from Bumrungrad

I don,t  .

Thay may be visitors from countries where such screenings are not available or being subject to those may put I dividual in line of trouble.

Business is business and ar Christams time Chrismss trees are hot items and I,m certain that most condons everywhere are sold after dark so hospitals are trying to cash on Pride

2 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

just curious, but what are you offended by about this? 

A Pride Special is for gay men and all these checkups are STD's and sex related. I am so much more than that. If they had offered other specials and packages, I feel that would have been great. But, to center on the ones they chose is horrible. IMHO

16 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

but it's not only STIs. It's full blood screening panel and behavioral assessment like you would have in any annual physical. But then adds in the sexual health stuff. 

Perhaps some need a behavioral assessment. But, I have had 10 of these packages from this hospital in the past and never was that a part of any of them. I wonder why?

I don't know. But my doctor does an informal sort of assessment which seems to be the current accepted practice with respect to mental health. That's something that's been happening the last few years where they talk about depression and emotional health issues.

"You think too much", would probably be the Thai reaction to anyone who feels offended by these packages. Having your junk checked regularly is important in today`s gay hook-up wolrld where PrEP and BB seems to be more the rule than the exception. I know that many visitors does that in the PULSE Clinics in Thailand because they might not have the same opportunity at home.

I find the price reductions peanuts! Early last year BNH on Soi Convent was offering 65% off joint packages - colonoscopy plus gastroscopy; heart MRI plus carotid artery ultra sound; and others. The year before, Bumrungrad offered a reduction on a colonoscopy for 44,000 baht incuding an anaesthetist.  The BNH joint price was 36,000 baht.

Although with my lifestyle I have always had a slight concern about heart issues, I was delighted when the doctor told me the scan showed absolutely no problems whatever. We then spent the rest of the consultation talking about whiskies!