reader

Best place to watch a movie in Bangkok

On BTS/MRT, I’d estimate that 70% wear masks. In Samyan and malls, maybe a third.

You’ll still see a minority of locals wearing them outside.

In taxis, drivers always seem to be masked.

Personally, I wear on public transit and taxis.

Still like to think I can spot a cute gut with or w/o a mask. But acknowledge that it’s not some innate ability on my part. It’s just that there are so many hot guys in Bkk that the odds are always on my side.

3 hours ago, reader said:

today caught Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. At 135 bht for the 4p.m. showing it’s a bargain.

how did you like that movie , lot of people are saying better then temple of Doom and Cristal scull but not as good as Lost Ark or Last Crusade (I liked that the most is somebody must know)

• Members

The Mitrtown Samyan & the House Samyan cinema are great resources, walkable, as they are, from Silom.  However, if I want to see a movie, I prefer to get the 'full Asian Mall Experience' of going to Central World or Siam Paragon.  These days, (IMO) there don't seem to be a lot of films on view that appeal to older farang like myself.

This website gives a good overview of what's showing:

https://cinematic.asia/#filter=*

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

how did you like that movie , lot of people are saying better then temple of Doom and Cristal scull but not as good as Lost Ark or Last Crusade (I liked that the most is somebody must know)

Really enjoyed it. Considering that he’ll turn 80 in a few days, Harrison Ford has lost none of his charm a little of his powerful stage presence. It’s two hours of non-stop action as he takes down a never-say-die team of Nazis.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

and he beat them. Everybody knows who Indiana Jones is  but who knows Herman Goernig not to mention Edwin Kaltenbrunner ?

Would that be Hermann Goering and Ernst Kaltenbrunner?

Anyone know if this new cinema is in fact a reincarnation of the RCA indie movie house off Rama 9 close to the Bangkok Hospital? I see RCA is now closed. We only once went to RCA when it was showing "Call Me By Your Name". The movie, despite a few small cuts, was extremely popular and ran for weeks and weeks. 

13 hours ago, reader said:

(some of you with insatiable appetite for cock can stop right here).

10 hours ago, vinapu said:

Can't you follow instructions 🙄