PeterRS

All Naked Ryokan Hostel & Onsen in Bangsaen

This is second hand information but it is backed up by several people and a website. Opened a couple of years or so ago, the Demont Hostel in Bangsaen between Bangkok and Pattaya is open to all gay men.

https://x.com/DemontHostel?t=JCAk0fOTChwjy-Ny8dloHw&s=09

I cannot read Thai and so cannot translate all the blurb on the web page. My friends tell me that it has 8 dormitory rooms with 4 bunk beds in each at a cost of 350 baht per bed per night. The are 4 private bathrooms. Looking on google there is a photo of double matresses but I do not know if they are specifically linked to the ryokan or the onsen - or both. Additionally there are two public bathing onsen areas linked by a common room where some action seems 'common'! The key point is that everyone in the ryokan has to be naked! Understandably it appears busier at the weekends mostly with Thais and I was told they seem to be foreigner friendly. 

Getting there is apparently easy by bus from Ekkamai. Ask the bus driver to drop you opposite the Shell station in Bangsaen and it should be very near on the other side of the road. You can make bookings by phone , email or Line and advance payment is not required if you are a foreigner. But best to double check everything before visiting.

Phone: 091 937 1953 / email: demonthostel@gmail.com / Line: demonthostel 

There are more photos here - https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x3102b53621aa84c5%3A0xa334f064fc8fdf93!3m1!7e115!5sGoogle Search!15sCgIgARICEAI&hl=en&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipPQEjorF3SWPHkevYwbDHP8R2RGTDn8xHl1RlwS&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiniuLMtdKBAxUB-jgGHQUpBDAQ9fkHKAB6BAgBEBw

It must be interesting when the cleaning ladies show up to do the rooms . . .

Why do I think most of the naked people who would be there are likely to be in the, shall we say - advanced age bracket?

I have no idea whether this kind of operation is legal in Thailand.  I hope it isn't a raid waiting to happen.

For me, full nudity turns me off rather than on, so I wouldn't go.  Everyone reading this should be very grateful for that.  Seeing me naked would more likely be a traumatic experience. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

Why do I think most of the naked people who would be there are likely to be in the, shall we say - advanced age bracket?. 

I don't know about Thailand,  but this is certainly not the case in Europe.  There are plenty of parties in Europe where some young and in-shape people hangout naked and/or have public sex at the parties. 

I can't read Thai either, so I can figure out the details of this Bangsaen establishment, but at first sight it reminds me of Korean Jjimjilbang (찜질방) which are 24-hour saunas. Jjimjilbangs typically have the usual wet facilities, + a sort of single-sex communal sleeping area (some have massage and scrub too).  They normally have other social spaces and a dining room too, but these are mixed-sex spaces, so one is asked to put on a robe before entering the mixed spaces.  By implication therefore, one can walk around stark naked in the single-sex areas.

Because this is culturally traditional to the Koreans (and to the Japanese and Chinese, who have similar establishments), no one needs to tell clients when to get naked. They only need to tell clients when NOT to get naked. In Thailand however, the opposite may apply, thus the specific mention that it is an all-naked space? (though not being able to read Thai, I can't see that advisory anywhere.)

4 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Because this is culturally traditional to the Koreans (and to the Japanese and Chinese, who have similar establishments), no one needs to tell clients when to get naked. They only need to tell clients when NOT to get naked. In Thailand however, the opposite may apply, thus the specific mention that it is an all-naked space? (though not being able to read Thai, I can't see that advisory anywhere.)

Years ago I was at one of the Korean venues, but it was definitely more like a sauna and bathhouse with upstairs sleeping on bunk-type beds on the floor. No space in between; only a slightly raised partition. Plenty of room for wandering arms and hands!

I have been to all-male hot springs in Japan and Taiwan where Japanese and Taiwanese have no inhibitions about walking around totally naked. Bathhouses with total nudity have been part of their cultures for centuries. In Bangkok I have been to the very pleasant and beautifully laid out Yunomori 2 Japanese-style onsen on Sathorn Soi 10. Thais are definitely more reserved. Some wear dark shorts; others will cover themselves with their hands when walking about. But far from everyone. Personally I think any form of clothing should be banned from onsen!

9 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

Why do I think most of the naked people who would be there are likely to be in the, shall we say - advanced age bracket?

My friends tell me that is definitely not the case with the facility in Bangsaen. Also it's again definitely not the case when you go to bathhouses, onsen and hot springs in Japan and Taiwan. At my regular hot spring just outside Taipei, the majority of guys there are below 40 with some in their 20s who are extremely handsome and fit. The same was true at the Sathorn Yunomori onsen in Bangkok. I was by a long way the oldest. The average was probably around 30 - 35. That said, some months ago there was one post here about the original Yunomori off Sukhumvit. The poster said the average age was considerably higher. I suspect the newer Sathorn onsen attracts a much younger crowd because it is so close to so many office towers. 

7 minutes ago, Gaybutton said:

Do you get to do anything with them beyond just looking?

It's an onsen - not a sauna, although it does have a brightly lit sauna and a steam room. "Anything" rarely happens in genuine onsens. However, it is often the case that one can chat to others in the onsen. In Taipei I have several times swapped phone numbers and met up with guys I liked on another evening. In Yunomori in Sathorn 10 this is less easy. But it will be almost certainly up to you to start the conversation.

• Members
27 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

. In Taipei I have several times swapped phone numbers and met up with guys I liked on another evening. In Yunomori in Sathorn 10 this is less easy. But it will be almost certainly up to you to start the conversation.

It's very easy to hook up in Taiwan if you are a top or can just fuck, most Taiwanese gays just want able and willing cocks to fuck them, i.e., hard cocks that can stay hard and penatrate their assholes.

An interesting find, I haven't heard of this place before.

The Thai indeed translates as "naked every day", but I wouldn't expect too much, on naked days in saunas they cover their genitals with their hands.

The outside pictures on google maps look like a short-time hotel. Some day I will have a look, without expecting much.

• Members
2 hours ago, ChristianPFC said:

The Thai indeed translates as "naked every day", but I wouldn't expect too much, on naked days in saunas they cover their genitals with their hands.

The outside pictures on google maps look like a short-time hotel. Some day I will have a look, without expecting much.

You can introduce yourself and initiate a shak-hand with guys, shake both hands!!  Don't be shy.

Judging from the pictures on the websites, the guys go there are not stuners, mostly just very average looking and shape.