Kostik

This is scary

1 minute ago, Moses said:

Next time they will have choice between a war-mongering Biden presidency for another four years or giving the overtly neo-fascist Trump a second chance to steer the country toward becoming an autocratic enclave for the billionaire class and ultra nationalist minorities.

And the Russians have a choice between murdering war criminal Putin and....... um........ murdering war criminal Putin.

6 minutes ago, forky123 said:

And the Russians have a choice between murdering war criminal Putin and....... um........ murdering war criminal Putin.

I told already the main differences btw US and Russia

• Citizens of Russia are available to vote directly for their candidate. No middleman, no tricks from them
  • Putin has been elected by wish of majority, while US president is elected by minority, and, as result, his approval rate never been higher than 50%, and right now it is just 32%.

12 minutes ago, Moses said:

Next time they will have choice between a war-mongering Biden presidency for another four years or giving the overtly neo-fascist Trump a second chance to steer the country toward becoming an autocratic enclave for the billionaire class and ultra nationalist minorities.

At the moment, the United States is ruled by the one who sits behind Biden's teleprompter.
I sincerely bark that these are the same people who run Trump, Clinton, Obama, etc.
They are not interested in a truce. The war allows them to earn more!

2 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

They are either very deep down the rabbit hole or I want some of what they're smoking!

I don't do drugs. Or did you mean something else? Let's do without idiomatic expressions that are not clear to non-native English speakers.
Remember, the Russian language is great at idymatic expressions.

21 minutes ago, forky123 said:

You can and do say what you like. It doesn't make it true. There are far too many polonium poisonings, novichok poisonings, defenestrations, accidental hangings, jailing of political opponents on trumped up charges to say there are "no tricks

How much your propaganda tells you! The most brutal murderers of children, women and the elderly live in the USA! This is reality, wake up

5 minutes ago, Kostik said:

I don't do drugs. Or did you mean something else? Let's do without idiomatic expressions that are not clear to non-native English speakers.
Remember, the Russian language is great at idymatic expressions.

No, thank you.  I love the English language just as much as you love Russian and idioms are part of the language's charm  - can't do without. 

20 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

No, thank you.  I love the English language just as much as you love Russian and idioms are part of the language's charm  - can't do without. 

Then please don't be offended if you don't understand me. Or if I'm responding incorrectly to your messages :)

1 hour ago, Kostik said:

How much your propaganda tells you! The most brutal murderers of children, women and the elderly live in the USA! This is reality, wake up

Your propaganda is much worse than mine. Why are you telling me to wake up to what goes on in the US? I'm not American, don't live there but do keep up with the politics there since it affects the world, much like Russia having a murderer/war criminal in charge affects the world. 

7 minutes ago, forky123 said:

Your propaganda is much worse than mine. Why are you telling me to wake up to what goes on in the US? I'm not American, don't live there but do keep up with the politics there since it affects the world, much like Russia having a murderer/war criminal in charge affects the world. 

You probably live in a country that is completely subordinated to American propaganda. 
Currently, the United States has committed the most mass killings of civilians. This is available in open sources of information.
But, thanks to the US propaganda, you deny it

Suffering of Israeli innocents? According to the brother of the former leader of the British Labor party Jeremy Corbyn, there was no butchering, no beheadings, no raping, and no massacres. It is all a big lie. A set-up.

I suspect that Corbyn speaks for a large percentage of those misguided pro-Hamas fools protesting today.

31 minutes ago, Kostik said:

You probably live in a country that is completely subordinated to American propaganda. 
Currently, the United States has committed the most mass killings of civilians. This is available in open sources of information.
But, thanks to the US propaganda, you deny it

You mean citizens of the US have committed the most mass killings of civilian, not the US which would suggest it's government did the killings. I wonder how many years of mass killings would need to occur to match the number of people killed during Stalin's purges?

12 minutes ago, forky123 said:

You mean citizens of the US have committed the most mass killings of civilian, not the US which would suggest it's government did the killings. I wonder how many years of mass killings would need to occur to match the number of people killed during Stalin's purges?

Genocide of the indigenous population of the American continent. Genocide of civilians in Iraq, Libya, Syria. The bombing of Belgrade, when the US destroyed the homes of civilians and the Chinese Embassy (They remember this).
Killing civilians in Vietnam, Afghanistan and many other countries.
Has at least one US war criminal been prosecuted? Was Clinton, Bush, Obama, Biden jailed? No! They continue their criminal activities

19 minutes ago, forky123 said:

I wonder how many years of mass killings would need to occur to match the number of people killed during Stalin's purges?

Stalin died a long time ago. And the American criminals are still alive. They have already exceeded the number of civilian killings

9 minutes ago, Kostik said:

Genocide of civilians in Iraq, Libya, Syria.

You don't seem to understand the word genocide. 

11 minutes ago, Kostik said:

Has at least one US war criminal been prosecuted? Was Clinton, Bush, Obama, Biden jailed? No! They continue their criminal activities

You will have to refresh my memory. When were war crime charges laid against these people?

2 minutes ago, Kostik said:

Stalin died a long time ago. And the American criminals are still alive. They have already exceeded the number of civilian killings

Ahh, Stalin was long ago but the massacre of indigenous American Indians wasn't?

Please provide links of the arrest warrants issued for these people. While we're on the subject, Putin doesn't travel outside Russia so much these days.

7 minutes ago, forky123 said:

You will have to refresh my memory. When were war crime charges laid against these people?

The empire of dollar worship destroys all those who threaten it. These people are being blamed by the mothers of the children they killed!
But your bloody god-dollar forbids doing anything with them

There are two colors in American propaganda. Either you are vassals of the dollar, or you are terrorists and criminals.

The world has more colors than you are drawn by the media controlled by American business

• Members
11 hours ago, Moses said:

There are no "civilian" power stations in Ukraine....

Ridiculous. Only a complete fool would believe that a civilian power station has any (much less significant) military relevance. I doubt you're a complete fool, so I don't know why you would post such garbage. It's obvious to just about everyone that bombing these power stations has no function but to hurt civilians. Putin isn't bombing those power stations to give him any military advantage, as you well know. 

• Members
On 11/3/2023 at 12:30 AM, forky123 said:

Of course there are fewer child casualties in a country with under 1/10th the population density of Gaza and where the Ukrainians don't hide behind their children.  I guess that's why Russia chooses to terrorize them with threats of nuclear annihilation to "avoid" innocent casualties. I'm against both wars but Hamas deliberately provoked the one in Gaza.

I know this thread is about Israel and Hamas.  But if we are talking about children, and international agencies who stand for basic human rights, we have to mention that Murderous Vlad is a war criminal with an arrest warrant, in the eyes of International Criminal Court.

More Than 700,000 Ukrainian Children Taken To Russia Since Full-Scale War Started, Official Says

It's not clear there is anything worse than genocide.  But if there is, this is it.

• Members
5 hours ago, Moses said:

Biden’s response to the Russian attack on Ukraine was not one that sought an early ceasefire and diplomatic compromise. Rather it opted for weaponry and assistance to sustain a prolonged war in Ukraine as a demonstration of US-led NATO resurgence, seemingly not so much motivated by the defense of Ukraine but by an overwhelming interest in humiliating Putin and defeating Russia.

Just in case you missed it, @Moses.

"I need ammunition, not a ride."

What Israel and Ukraine do have in common is they were viciously attacked.  And in both cases you can say that the people doing the attacking -  Hamas and Murderous Vlad - are war criminals committing acts of genocide.  The difference is that Ukraine provoked Russia by wanting their own state, democracy, and to be part of the West.  Israel did not provoke Hamas by wanting democracy and a state for Palestinians.

Biden's worst warmonger moment, to me, was his slippery advocacy of invading Iraq - which he later claims he didn't support. On Ukraine, he is defending a country that wants US help, almost unanimously.  They want Murderous Vlad out, almost unanimously. 

The situation in Israel is anything but unanimous.  I'm glad that Rep.  Tlaib is pushing back on the attack on her by telling Biden that he is on the wrong side of where most Americans are actually at on a ceasefire.   It's a political mess for Biden, either way.  His approval ratings, which were bad, are now worse.  But in this case it is a mess Hamas and Bibi created, not Biden or the US. 

Biden has been outspoken for a long time that Bibi is wrong, and his approach would not work.  Now we see the fruits of the Netanyahu Doctrine.  I almost feel sorry for Biden in this case, since on Israel he has been one of the sane people backing Israel but also pushing for compromise and a more humane approach.

• Members
On 11/3/2023 at 10:54 AM, Marc in Calif said:

This, I repeat, not anti-Israel and anti-Jewish bias. It's opposition and condemnation of illegal acts taken by the State of Israel since 1967. 

This is one of the things I give Biden and Harris, and her hubby, unambiguous kudos for.

Emhoff: There is an ‘antisemitism crisis’ on our nation’s campuses

The second gentleman reflected in an interview on the current state of protests around Israel.

“There seems to be a conflation of not being able to separate the actions of the Israeli government and Jewish people and taking out feelings that they have about the actions of the Israeli government on all Jews, irrespective of how those Jews may also feel about the actions of the Israeli government,” he said.

What I think is most interesting is that this is the first time a First Gentleman or Second Gentleman has played any public role on any issue.  And with all due respect to Michelle Obama and Jill Biden, this one is harder than encouraging kids to eat apples, and study hard.  

Beyond that, Emhoff is a Jew, Harris was born to a Hindu mother, and as a child her father served as an acolyte in the Anglican Church.  Team Kamala and Doug are walking poster children for putting differences aside and focusing on understanding.  It makes sense that Emhoff, being a Jew, speaks out for Jews.  While Kamala is doing more of the talking about people taking pot shots at Islam.