khaolakguy

Brief Bangkok Reports

On 12/28/2023 at 4:34 PM, khaolakguy said:

Visited Screwboy last night. ...Might go back, all pleasant enough, but on balance probably won’t return on this trip, although good to visit for nostalgia’s sake as it was the original Patpong Soi two gay bar, ...

That's not correct. There have been gay bars on Patpong 2 since the 80s. Earlier bars that come to mind include Tiffany, Narcissus and The Mask. Screw Boy only opened in the mid-90s.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:11 AM, khaolakguy said:

Lots of cute young Chinese(from Taiwan?) waiting outside.

🤢🤢🤢🤢 🤢🤮🤮 The last thing that I want to hear is that the Chinese are returning in numbers now. Literally the last thing. One of the best things about visiting Thailand in 2022 was the almost complete absence of the Chinese. On those few occasions when one had the misfortune of encountering them, it was almost always unpleasant, such as the shitty toilet episode described on another thread. The Chinese tour groups are now even back on Walking Street apparently and it will only get worse. Bangkok, and Thailand, are a lot more fun without them. One can only hope that Chinese "influencers" calling Thailand unsafe and that silly Chinese film  "No More Bets" will have the reported effect of deterring them from visiting Thailand.

6 hours ago, khaolakguy said:

Arena ...Pleased to note that the old brown sofas that must have been there for twenty years had finally been replaced by new purple seating. 

The end of an era. They were part of the original decor.

8 hours ago, Department_Of_Agriculture said:

The last thing that I want to hear is that the Chinese are returning in numbers now. Literally the last thing. One of the best things about visiting Thailand in 2022 was the almost complete absence of the Chinese. On those few occasions when one had the misfortune of encountering them, it was almost always unpleasant, such as the shitty toilet episode described on another thread. The Chinese tour groups are now even back on Walking Street apparently and it will only get worse. Bangkok, and Thailand, are a lot more fun without them. One can only hope that Chinese "influencers" calling Thailand unsafe and that silly Chinese film  "No More Bets" will have the reported effect of deterring them from visiting Thailand.

that is exaggeration although I can see where your sentiment may came from. Visit to Bang Melea temple  near Angkor I recall as one of my worst experience in travelling due to two busloads of Chinese who filled place, expected to be serene specially in the morning, with screams ,  tried to move some stones and behaved like Huns attacking Rome indeed. But to their credit at least they rose early.

Chinese girls sometimes in bars , BBB specially comes to mind behave equally noisy scaring a lot of patrons in process.

But there's beneficial reverse to all that. Travelling Chinese are crowding our bars ( on one on my visit in Tawan in July I was under impression it was only two us farangs in crowded bar) , buing drinks,  tipping and offing boys and hanging all those stupid 1000 baht garlands on them. Some may be stingy but plenty are not as I was told they like to show off. I witnessed twice boys on the stage were tipped 1000 baht just for standing there and in both cases those tippers were Chinese looking girls . 

In short they are helping to keep afloat  businesses we are frequenting too so hold your nose.

For fun I checked Grindr today and it seems there are tons of them ready to party today and go home on Tuesday. So many listings that it seems they crowded out  local who I presume don't need to advertise for a moment boys because they are harvesting all those Chinese clients.

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

good news came from my friend who visited them yesterday and seemed to be  happy with experience. It looks khaolakguy and his boyfriend had bit of bad luck.

Happy to hear this. We've been enjoying guys from Arena for 25 years, both in house and as outcalls for repeats, so we won't get put off by our last experience. I do though see a trend for the standard of guys working there to have slipped a bit. There is just so much more competition for good and good looking masseurs than there used to be, and perhaps more working for themselves on line.

2 hours ago, khaolakguy said:

Although we were shown to our ringside seats, we were never asked for our drinks orders, which was fine as we weren’t in a rush to drink more. Whole bar was focussed on an Asian table who were supplying drinks and 200 Baht to all the dancers and the waiters and then the doormen. And then anyone wearing Hotmale branded shirts. There may have been some swapping of clothes going on outside the door to allow others to benefit!

you so funny but I wouldn't be surprised if  you were right