unicorn

Taking off shoes before entering a house

12 hours ago, unicorn said:

Just out of curiosity, for those who come from countries where it's common to ask guests to take off their shoes--would it be fair to assume that no people who make such requests have outdoor pets, such as dogs? Otherwise it seems beyond silly. 

It's irrelevant. Many rules or indeed laws are illogical or outright silly from somebody's point of view and what is just occurrence here,  may be capital offence there ( try to change religion in Saudi Arabia or have sex with guy in Uganda).

But rules are rules and we have choice to adhere to them or avoid situation when it may cause problems for us or our hosts or both.

This comes from guy who was once ticketed for crossing on red light at 6.30 in the morning on Sunday with no car in sight and none, other than cop's hidden in the parking nearby,  appeared till whole ticketing  procedure was completed. When I protested exactly as you said above answer was predictable ' rules are rules'.    

• Members
9 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

My electrician arrived this morning,  took his shoes off at the door, without  my saying a word!

I remember jacking off to the photos of this aspiring model from Vancouver BC, Paul Hardiman, over a decade ago. He ended up becoming an electrician. Oh, how I would have loved to live in Vancouver, in need of electrical work...

Male model photo shoot of Paul Hardiman by Andrew J Eastwood

https://hotelectric.ca/about/paul

21 hours ago, unicorn said:

refuses to use the metric system

Canada is even more fucked up. A Liberal government started a phased in program to make Canada metric in the early 80s. We got as far as kilometres and celsius when a Conservative government was elected and stopped the transition. But it didn't reverse what had been done. So some things among the citizenry are celsius and kilometres while others like inches and pounds are used. People in some industries and fields use metric because it's a better system... ie health care workers use kilograms and centimetres. I think kids are taught metric in the schools, but it still hasn't taken complete hold for some reason. One of the last vestiges of the Empire along with the monarchy, I guess.

21 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

ask them to stay in the kitchen

I see you're in London, and will assume you don't mean London, Ontario. House parties almost always end up centred in the kitchen in Canada, especially for younger people and I'm curious if that's pretty much the same around the world.

2 hours ago, xpaulo said:

House parties almost always end up centred in the kitchen in Canada, especially for younger people and I'm curious if that's pretty much the same around the world.

only in countries and houses where kitchens are big enough I guess.

4 hours ago, unicorn said:

I remember jacking off to the photos of this aspiring model from Vancouver BC, Paul Hardiman, over a decade ago. He ended up becoming an electrician. Oh, how I would have loved to live in Vancouver, in need of electrical work...

Male model photo shoot of Paul Hardiman by Andrew J Eastwood

https://hotelectric.ca/about/paul

Regrettably,  my electrician is 50 Balding and overweight. Now, my plumber has an apprentice,  about 19, slim, and very desirable! Difficult  to know if I should offer him some 'overtime'!

36 minutes ago, a-447 said:

I use centimetres, not inches, when I measure dicks. 

Somehow it makes them seem bigger.

I always find it interesting that most of the world uses the British gauge for railway tracks, 4' 8 1/2ins. Its a weird figure to start with!

And the US views the metric system as a Communist plot!

5 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

I always find it interesting that most of the world uses the British gauge for railway tracks, 4' 8 1/2ins. Its a weird figure to start with!

And the US views the metric system as a Communist plot!

British started it so world followed I guess 

and universal health care too

• Members
20 hours ago, xpaulo said:

...House parties almost always end up centred in the kitchen in Canada, especially for younger people and I'm curious if that's pretty much the same around the world.

In my experience, usually the living room, though people go to the kitchen to get a lot of their drinks, especially the refrigerated drinks like coolers.

White Claw Hard Seltzer Variety Pack 12 pk Cans - Flavor Collection No. 3