Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by Bob,

    I've spent a fair amount of time in the last year beating my limited brains out attempting to learn to read (and, a little, write) the Thai language. Most of my learning time has been reviewing (reading and translating) 1st to 3rd grade Thai reading texts. What I get a kick out of (I have a very low threshold of excitement these days) are some of Thai idioms and/or the way they put words together to express an idea. For example, there's the Thai phrase (I'm going to separate the words for easier reading by some of you): "ความ อยาก รู้ อยาก เห็น" or transliterated would sound like "kwaam yaak roo yaak hen" The literal interpretation would be: "wanting to kno…

  2. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Saw the 2011 tourist statistics in the Bangkok Post today. The top five nationalities visiting Thailand were – Malaysia – 2.47 million China – 1.76 million Japan – 1.12 million Russia – 1.01 S. Korea – 805,445 I assume the Malaysian figure counts in the heavy cross-border traffic. And presumably the numbers would have been higher but for the floods - and the Japanese tsunami which must have reduced the Japan figure. This year, the TAT is quoted as expecting a 20% increase in S. Korean tourists. Why no other nationality is mentioned, I have no idea!

    • 9 replies
    • 2.9k views
  3. Started by pong,

    this yearly event is again going in the Sirikit Exhibition Centre-just beside MRT-stop of same name or walking from the Klong Toey markets/buses-along Ram IV. Bargains galore- for about anything travel-related you can imagine, both domestic in Th and to outside. An impressive large stand from Japan- some Thai seem to have anough money to go there. Lots of handsome students working and showing off their english skills. But I showed off mine in bahasa and got VIP-treatment from GARUDAair and the Malay tourist board. There are also some free shows. NOKair offers special prices domestic tickets for 1100 bt/all in and AirAsia does a 20% discount. But you better had booked la…

    • 0 replies
    • 942 views
  4. Guest dale1
    Started by Guest dale1,

    We are looking forward to a truly spectacular TAKE CARE!! fundraising event on Saturday 3 March 2012 at the exciting GANYMEDE RESORT AND SPA in Jomtien Complex ... pleas note that the scrumptious B-B-Q buffet will begin sharply at 7:00 pm NOT 9:00 pm as previously announced ... this is an even not to be missed ... hope to see you there. TAKE CARE

    • 0 replies
    • 993 views
  5. Started by PattayaMale,

    Outside of the forum part, I really am confused about the dating part. I started a new Topic instead of using problems with Board since it seemed to be a separate discussion I don't really see any directions or help on how to use the dating section, and I am not able figure it out. (Until yesterday I did not recall knowing this was also a dating site) At some point I see member profiles. It seems just to be a list and picture. I click on a picture and it takes me to a profile of someone let's say in Germany. The person is looking for a "date". Well, that is not going to help me. So, I try to search for Thailand (since the site is GAYTHAILAND), what I get is "no …

  6. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Yesterday afternoon went to see the new Thai gay-themed movie It Gets Better at Bangkok's Terminal 21. It Gets Better opened on Valentine’s Day. It’s directed by Tanwarin Sukkapisit who was responsible for the award-winning transvestite gay-theme movie Insects in the Backyard which was banned here in Thailand two times. It has three story threads, the main one dealing with a handsome (and he is very handsome ) young Thai who returns from Los Angeles to take over the Pattaya transvestite bar left to him by his father. The bar happens to be named “Fountain” – no, I did not write the screenplay!! Not being gay himself, he plans to close it down, much to the const…

    • 0 replies
    • 12.3k views
  7. Started by pong,

    Just happened to walk thru this soi (aka Hotmale/mail) yesterday eve-before 9pm,no gogo open yet. Then there was deafening music and speeches-I thought yet another new bar was opened or had its 981th birthday or whatever and there were free tiny drinks to sample-chim day! So tried to find out the happening and got different answers. Very pretty Thai ladies by the dozen -the types that would be taken if the ads say ''rab samutr-sao suay'', which made their appearance in this soi even more question-worthy. Though there were also a few lads-no real models. After all it turned out-at least that is what I got of it, that beer Chang had a new label- EXPORT-and tried to promote …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. Guest augieeee
    Started by Guest augieeee,

    Hello everyone. i am new here and never been to Thailand before. and honestly don't know much about Thailand.. But i had decide to make a short trip today.. so i will be arrive in Bangkok on Jan.26 And i am no good at making plans..i don't know what i could do or where i can go in Thailand.. I am hoping you guys can recommend me some good places to visit.?? I am exciting and putting on a good face but i am actually kinda terrified..this is my first time to go aboard alone..i have a hundred question but i can't think of anything right now.. Plz help me out. any ideas would be great for now.. and i really want to meet some new friends in Thailand. maybe you can show…

    • 49 replies
    • 7k views
  9. Guest kjun12
    Started by Guest kjun12,

    Having read several comments on forums and blogs about Hero Massage I finally decided to give it a try. Super, wonderful, and a great place are just several of my feelings after two visits. Why did I waste my time at a bar trying to choose a freelancer who may or may not work out or at a place like Tawan where the boy taken off is likely to cost 2000 baht for an hour at a rented hotel room and lie there like a dead fish. Hero is clean, and personnel operate in a professional manner. When you arrive at the end of Sukumvit, Soi 11 simply walk in through the doorway next to the sign on the left and into a patio where it is likely that you will see a few boys standing ar…

  10. Guest eradesso
    Started by Guest eradesso,

    Have some random questions... will try to squeeze them all in one thread: 1) who are these famous (or infamous) Isaan boys?? 2) is it true they have the biggest cocks? i kinda like 'em big 3) what about taxi drivers? i've seen a fair few sexy ones and one of them even offered me to have sex while my bf was taking a nap in the backseat.. is this normal? i know it is typical in arab countries to have the drivers hit on you 4) why, if given the option, thay gogo and massage boys would opt for a long term relationship rather than many boyfriends? need for love or steadyness of income? as we say, better an egg today or a chicken tomorrow... 5) what is the …

    • 13 replies
    • 2.9k views
  11. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I had dinner the other night with a Thai guy I have known for 9 years, since he was a 19-year old student (looking for a first sexual adventure with a farang ). For the last 2 years he has had a really good job earning around Bt. 65,000 per month. He still stays with his family, but contributes to the family budget and puts up most of the cash needed to put his younger brother through University. He’s a good friend, and, in all respects but one, a very engaging, level-headed young man. That ‘one’ is credit card debt! Like most Thai men in their younger years, he wants a lot – and not only the latest smart phone and iPad. He loves travelling, having once worked for …

    • 20 replies
    • 4.2k views
  12. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Travelzoo has an offer for 3 nights at the JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort at A$249 including breakfast for two and other extras. Additional nights at A$83. This is claimed to represent a 66% reduction. The resort gets an 8.8 out of 10 rating on agoda. The deal is available for stays between 1 March and 31 October (which includes 6 weeks of the high season), but the voucher must be purchased by February 21. Checking for deals at the end of April, agoda's lowest nightly rate is A$196.55, but it is for a Pool Access Room. For a similar room with the Travelzoo deal, you have to pay an additional A$15 per night. Even so, the Travelzoo price still comes out at 50% less tha…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I realise that the issue of tipping must be one of the most common threads in all gay Thailand-related Boards. One area that is rarely mentioned - or I have rarely seen - concerns Beer Bars rather than go-go bars. If you wish to off a guy you like who works at a beer bar on, say, Soi Twilight, what is the likely off fee and the expected tip? And how does that relate to prices in Pattaya?

  14. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    The Bangkok Post reports today that Don Mueang will reopen on 6 March. Nok Air says it will definitely move all flights back. Orient Thai has not yet decided. If you are booked on Nok flights after 6 March with a ticket that gives Suvarnabhumi as the departure/arrival airport, either Nok will contact you - or you should contact them! http://www.bangkokpo...reopening-mar-6

    • 21 replies
    • 3.4k views
  15. Guest dale1
    Started by Guest dale1,

    GANYMEDE RESORT AND SPA, located in the center of Jomtien Complex, will host a fundraiser for the benefit of TAKE CARE!! on Saturday, 3 March 2012 beginning at 9 pm. Events during the evening will feature new and exciting entertainment that will surely capture your interest and delight your eyes. All of our friends, business venue owners, and members of the community are invited to make donations for Lucky Draw prizes. Items for Lucky Draw prizes might include vouchers for meals, free overnight stays in guest houses or hotels, bar tabs, bottles of liquor, other items, or simply, cash donations to TAKE CARE!!. All contributors will be publicly recognized at the event. …

    • 0 replies
    • 938 views
  16. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    When True took over the old UBC service exactly five years ago, one of its aims was a rapid expansion into the Thai-language market. A key part of this strategy was winning the rights for a number of European football league matches, including the most coveted of all, the English Premiere League. With a bid estimated to be in the region of Bt. 6 billion, True Visions beat out ESPN-Star which had previously held the rights. It began to market a host of special soccer-related packages, and subscriptions quickly began to rise. Now, however, the EPL rights – along with a host of other European soccer rights – are up for grabs. True’s EPL rights expire in the summer of…

    • 13 replies
    • 2.3k views
  17. Guest eradesso
    Started by Guest eradesso,

    Hi guys, apparently I've had a membership in this forum for some time so I'm pretty sure I already came, read and asked for tips.. but that must have been 3 years ago or so.. and I have a horrible memory so here I am again to ask for some tips.. I'll be spending a beach holiday in Thailand next month after which I will spend 4 days in Bkk mainly to get yet another awesome tattoo in Khao San.. and I'm hoping the bleeding, swelling and hurting from the ink won't stop me from enjoying some massages... My expertise is the Arab world (in fact my bf is arab) but I do enjoy an Asian every now and again.. some years ago I studied what I considered the Thai Massage 101…

    • 9 replies
    • 2.3k views
  18. Guest JamesBarnes
    Started by Guest JamesBarnes,

    You can now vote for this year's awards at http://www.out-in-thailand.com/awards/

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  19. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    For those who travel between Thailand and Europe, Oman Airlines has now jumped up to a four-star Skytrax ranking, joining Emirates and Etihad, and gets pretty much rave reviews for both its economy and business class (flat beds) products. Comments from passengers flying this route in economy include – “Food good, plenty of drinks available. Plenty of films etc to watch or you can even plug in your own ipod. The change over in Oman is easy. Cabin crew smiling and attentive. I would have no hesitation using Oman Air again” and “Very pleased with the experience. Plenty of room in economy, comfy seats that slide down.” Being relatively new on the BKK route, I’d expec…

    • 13 replies
    • 3.4k views
  20. Without any fanfare or major announcement, I have been watching the Apple Online Store to start selling the Unlocked IPhone 4s with Siri around the 15th of November. I wanted the unlocked so I can use in Thailand and Brazil and Europe when I travel and I did not want to get a contract for one of the carriers. Today, it is possible. The 4s is for sale on apple.com The prices are steep but I have played with this device and it is great.

  21. Guest Eros
    Started by Guest Eros,

    Eros Boy Bar for Sale During last two year Eros Boy Bar has become a profitable bar, with good cash flow, good customer base and good staff. Owning two bars has become too much for me, I have decided to offer Eros Boy Bar for sale. Asking price is 900,000 Baht. This is a good opportunity to own a profitable, fun bar at a reasonable price. Please contact me through website or in person. Peter erosboybar@erosboybar.com

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  22. Started by BigTopMe,

    Hey fellas, I am a top and I love fit men with nice asses. Where should I go and what should I do to make this trip as great as possible? What bars/discos should I go to? Which boy go go bar should I go to and how do I get the guy I may want I will be there Friday night This trip is gonna be great and if somebody want to show me around that will be welcome to Thank you all

    • 14 replies
    • 4.9k views
  23. Started by TotallyOz,

    This was bad news for me! Not sure why they are canceling it as it always had a nice amount of people on it. http://www.thaiairwaysusa.com/flight-information/when-we-fly/flight-information.html

  24. Guest PattayaPlayers

    The Pattaya Players (Home of Pattaya's Professional Amateurs) are proud to announce that tickets are now on sale for their latest comedic mystery, “Dead to the Last Drop” playing on February 10-11, 2012 at Eastern Grand Palace Hotel. The play is a hilarious interactive whodunit that takes place in a coffeehouse bookstore called “Café Caffeine.” Members of the audience will be led by the play’s crazy cast of characters through a maze of funny twists and turns. “Dead to the Last Drop” offers a chance for everyone to play a Law & Order/CSI Investigator and question all of the suspects as they perform on stage. Opportunities for audience and cast interaction reach a p…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  25. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    (APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE - THE TITLE SHOULD READ BT. 8.2 BILLION! I am never sure why titles cannot be edited after posting. Perhaps this could be changed in future.) Even after living in Thailand for more than 10 years, some things still surprise me – even though I know they shouldn’t. I had heard of the motorcycle taxi mafia and just thought nothing more about it. But a small article in today’s The Nation puts the whole issue into its very Thai perspective. It would appear there are about 5,500 groups of drivers around the country. More than 1,000 are not officially registered. The rest include about 190,000 registered riders. It seems all riders, whether registere…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.