Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. I have been troubled and perplexed for the past week as I know I have to visit LOS to see my beloved for his Birthday. I have tried to find the best way for me to fly and upgrade using points or take Premium Economy to save a little cash. In the end, I have taken Jim's advice and booked my flight on Korean Air and traveling in Business. I have not tried the new plane they are flying between LAX and Korea but I have always wanted to try it so I am going to give it a try. The cost was 4k. It was a significant savings over any airline traveling there except Air China. And, it was 250 less than buying a full coach fare with Delta and using points to upgrade. So, th…

  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    Being disappointed that Thai Air took away their Premium Economy seats, I was happy to learn that Air France has added many to all of their flights. They are currently have a sale and you can get great seats from USA for as long as 2100 USD. I used this link from their Canadian site but it works on their USA site as well. but, plug in dates for better rates. Anyone used their Premium Economy before? It looks quite nice. http://www.airfrance.ca/CA/en/local/resainfovol/meilleuresoffres/promotion_PV2012.htm or check out their seats: http://www.airfrance.ca/CA/en/common/guidevoyageur/classeetconfort/premium_confort_airfrance.htm

  3. Guest thaiworthy
    Started by Guest thaiworthy,

    The Weather Channel reports some high temperatures for the coming week in CM. Highs approaching 38-39 degrees vs. Bangkok, further south with temps only to 34-35. I would expect the North to be cooler not hotter. Is this phenomenon seasonal and perhaps typical for this time of year, or is this highly unusual? Perhaps the residents have a better perspective of meteorological conditions in the area reported by the local media or can share some history of weather they have experienced in recent years. Weather sure is weird throughout Thailand, so mebbe it doesn't matter where you are as this article seems to indicate. http://www.travelfish.org/weather/thailand/ap…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  4. Guest JamesBarnes
    Started by Guest JamesBarnes,

    After fruitless attempts to recruit an advertising salesman in Bangkok, any tips from members of this forum are warmly welcomed. Many thanks and best wishes, James.

    • 19 replies
    • 2.6k views
  5. Started by TotallyOz,

    The BF wrote and said he has 10 days off from work for Songkran! So, I guess that time of year is upon us again. I hope everyone in Thailand and those that are not, have a fabulous holiday! It is one of my favorites and I wish I was there to celebrate! Happy Songkran to ALL!

  6. Guest nekete
    Started by Guest nekete,

    Hi people... My visa expires at the end of this month of April, so I have to go out and ask for a new tourist visa or going out and stay in the new destination But I really don´t know where to go. Maybe Indonesia, maybe Phillipines, or Myanmar, ¿India?. Do you have any preferences?

    • 5 replies
    • 2.3k views
  7. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Last night I noticed two new members. Each purported to represent a couple and each had a description roughly similar to the other. This morning I note that one has disappeared, but one remains. The description reads - This morning, I decided to call the numbers. A guy with what I believe was an Indonesian accent answered the first number and said "Good morning". Instead of checking the veracity of the description, I just hung up. Just as we had what was claimed to be a rogue post at the head of another recent thread on this Board, the Gay Romeo description could have been maliciously posted. We'll probably never know. The point of raising the issue h…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  8. Guest nekete
    Started by Guest nekete,

    Hi people... I´m back to Chiang Mai for a couple of weeks. Do you Know if thereis some cruising area in town? Thank you.

    • 13 replies
    • 8.4k views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    Anyone flew Turkish Airways to Bangkok? Anyone know how their Business Class seats and service are?

  10. Started by pong,

    in a few days the first issue of this new Thai monthly magazine, aimed at the gay market (probable the supertrendy HiSo) will be in the shops. It was felt there was a great need to fill in the gap as no such magazine exists here or has. If it is a translation of an existing mag (as I understand this is a well known USA publication?) or simply another Thai copycat, I cannot say. I am just mentioning it to point out what Thailand also has to offer. If I spot one, I will try to browse it and tell you in which shop (doubtful if the normal chain shops like SeeEd or B2S may) stocks it. (BTW_ I never quite understood why this word has got such an other apparently derogatory me…

    • 29 replies
    • 26.5k views
  11. Started by KhorTose,

    Chiang Mai has always had one of the longest celebrations of Songkran. but this year will be way over the top. We started today with the booths lining the moat and Huey Kaew and man streets and there are already several thousand people out there spraying water, and the roadside bands have set up and are blasting away. Rumor has it this may go on till the 18th but it is at least 4 days this year. Anyone who loves water sports---not those water sports---is welcome to come to Chiang mai and have a great time.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. Guest citycolour
    Started by Guest citycolour,

    Hey everyone. First time travelling alone on a sort of 'gay' holiday in a few weeks time. Hoping to spend most of my time on the beach, and winding down from what has been a very busy year so far. I have a job interview to start off the holiday with in Bangkok, so will unfortunately have to remain somewhat serious for the first couple of days, but intend to head south, via the east, and so on. Which leaves me wondering currently, what is the level of proficiency of most Thai boys in the larger built up areas such as Bangkok and Pattaya? I'm sure there will be a few very awkward conversations had in the first couple of days and weeks - and would really lik…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.1k views
  13. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Travelzoo has two new offers. Bangkok Grand President Apartments (just off Sukhumvit) @ Bt. 1,699 per night for 2 people which the site says is 23% more of a discount than any other site. Offer valid till August 31 but must be booked by April 30. Extras include - Accommodation in a Standard Room Daily breakfast for 2 people 15% off all food and beverage at Café 11 Early check-in at 8am (subject to availability) Late checkout to 6pm (subject to availability) Free entry for 2 people to Q Bar nightclub (reg. THB 500 per person) Free entry for 2 people (and 20% off food) at Bed Supperclub (reg. THB 800 per person on weekends) 25% discount off e…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Useful things these smart phones, I may have to get one eventually . I hear even Gaybutton even got one not so long ago. What's the position regarding data downloads on a PAYG basis for tourists to Thailand? Are there reasonably priced options available? To be honest, I expect to continue doing most of my web surfing on a netbook using hotel or coffee shop wifi. However, these smartphones might just be useful for applications like street maps, gayromeo etc. As for the photo, well I'm not usually attracted to body builder types, but somehow this one does it for me. (Hint: post photos, whilst observing the not nudity rule)

    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
  15. Started by daddydawg,

    The "Sunee Tattler" has reported seeing Monty last evening being escorted by the current owner about The Corner Bar and "kicking the tyres." Could this be the new Monty's? Could the Barmy Army HQs be re-established? Strictly a rumour. But an interesting rumour indeed.

  16. Guest rhodochrosite
    Started by Guest rhodochrosite,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQEtbLQ9rCw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g2IfR0sqls VERY GRAPHIC BEATING IN CHICAGO OF ASIAN 17 YEAR OLD. http://www.bestgore....7-year-old-boy/

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  17. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    This is a nasty new development. Hero is one of the most popular massage establishments, and often praised on this site. I hope it is more a case of payments not being made to the b-in-b rather than the start of another social order campaign! That will really put the cat amongst gay nightlife in this city. http://www.bangkokpo...ided-in-bangkok (Sorry - the raid was last night, Tuesday)

  18. I am still about 5 years away from retirement age and one of the frustrating things about traveling to Thailand is the visa I have to get. Last year I got a One Year business visa but I still had to do border runs every 90 days. It is a real PITA. What is the best way for someone not of retirement age to live there legally and not have to do the border runs?

  19. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    I do not claim to have travelled everywhere, far from it. However, from the places I have visited, the best gogo bars would be: 1 Pattaya 2 Bangkok 3 Phuket 4 Chiang Mai 5 Prague OK, so I have classed Escape in Prague as a "gogo", as the staff may often be seen in swimwear, or less. As a bar for, er....., meeting local people in Prague , "Club Temple" is vastly superior, but it's more like a freelance host bar (fully clothed). In fact, rather than visiting anywhere in Prague, I would much rather visit freelancer bars such as Blue Chilli (PP) or Linga Bar (Siem Reap). So what else is out there? As once said on a famous British comedy programme: "T…

  20. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    This has been mentioned before on this Forum, but I thought it might be worth a reminder. Just behind the Swissotel Nai Lert Hotel (the old Hilton) at the top of Wireless Road (Thanon Witthayu) there is a small Penis Shrine, named the Goddess Tuptim Shrine. The notice says there are thousands of phallic symbols. That may have once been the case, but there are not nearly so many now. However, if you happen to be in that area, it’s worth the very short walk just to see it and take a photo or two. It’s also worth popping in to the hotel for their excellent buffet lunch at just Bt. 400++ per head as I did with a friend yesterday. This is almost half the price of similar s…

    • 12 replies
    • 5.9k views
  21. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Late last night I was watching an English FA Cup soccer match between Tottenham Hotspur and Bolton Wanderers. Broadcast in Thailand on True Channel 101, the feed and English commentary came via ESPN Star. At around 41 minutes, a Bolton player suddenly collapsed face forward on the pitch with no other player around him. Within moments, medical staff were on the pitch and play stopped. Clearly the player had suffered some form of heart seizure. Medical staff spent about 10 minutes trying to revive the player using heart massage, mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and defibrillators. The television coverage did not intrude, maintaining a dignified distance and using only a ful…

  22. Guest dale1
    Started by Guest dale1,

    This Sunday -- 25 March -- is the last Sunday of the month … time again for the monthly QUIZ NIGHT at BONDI BEACH BAR supporting TAKE CARE!! starting at 9:00 pm … in addition to the fun and crazy quiz, this month will include a special lucky ticket draw for some wonderful prizes … following the TAKE CARE!! fundraiser at GANYMEDE Resort and Spa on 3 March, a winner of three lucky tickets returned the vouchers he won as he was leaving shortly to return to the US … special thanks to you, David … come to QUIZ NIGHT for a special chance to win a 1000 baht voucher at Bruno’s Restaurant, 500 baht voucher for the restaurant of the Ambience Hotel, a bottle of 100 Pipers Whiskey at…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  23. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Here is a Travelzoo offer this week that might be of interest to some readers. Le Meridien Khao Lak – stay a minimum of 3 nights and get 52% off. Voucher Price A$79/night (approx. US$83 – fully inclusive, no extras). Includes upgrade to Premium room, free internet, full buffet breakfast daily, two free drinks (including cocktails) per day, 25% off F&B and 50% off spa treatments. Valid for stays of 3 nights or more from 16 April to 31 October. Voucher must be booked by 14 April. http://www.travelzoo...tm_medium=email

  24. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Imagine the scenario. You work hard, save hard & plan to retire early on (say) £2000 a month, which gets 97,000 baht. Then the pound falls, knocking 30% off your income in 5 years and halving it over 10 years. Well, this could happen as the Bank of England is engaged in QE and as far as I know, the Bank of Thailand is not. For similar reasons, the US dollar could go down the toilet too. So if you want to spend a large proportion of your retirement in Asia, how do you manage the currency risk? Ignore it & hope for the best? Invest a proportion of your portfolio in Asia? Or are you so wealthy it 's not an issue? Personally, I'm a strong believer i…

    • 13 replies
    • 2.1k views
  25. Guest Motel69
    Started by Guest Motel69,

    I usually go to Cutey and Beauty, in Bangkok, where they do a great job ripping the old-growth forest off my body. But I don't know of any similar place in Pattaya. Any suggestions? Thanks for your indulgence.

    • 23 replies
    • 8.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.