Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest shebavon
    Started by Guest shebavon,

    This download from the Bank of Thailand shows a strong increase in our expendable baht per dollar. What will the future bring? More baht I hope. Although the column descriptions do not line up clearly, For the first day. Feb 19, 2008 you would be able to buy baht per dollar at a rate of 32.2988 each, and sell baht and buy dollar at a rate of 32.6363. This enables the bank to win on both sides of the transaction. The middle rate is the telex rate which I believe includes travelers checks. For Feb 19, 2008 the rate was 32.3971 For Feb 19,2009 the rates are Buy baht 35.2269 Telex 35.3231 Sell baht 35.5874 Respectively. A ve…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.3k views
  2. Started by PattayaMale,

    The authorities had warring Uthen Thawai and Pathumwan students shaking hands in front of the cameras, promising peace and harmony. Less than a couple of weeks later the rival students turned Mahboonkrong into a battlefield. Embarrassing? Children are drinking low quality milk because the suppliers are using imported powdered milk and over diluting it, while Thai farmers, encouraged by the authorities to adopt dairy farming as Thailand is always short of milk end up having to dump their (real) milk in protest because there’s no market for it. Ridiculous? The authorities say some plants are deemed hazardous, hence farmers have to use chemical products instead, …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    I am in Brazil and use the google translate service on an almost daily basis. I had a very sexy boy with me this week and he speaks not a word of English and I not a word of Portuguese. So we use this to communicate at times. Not that talking is so important. Anyway, I noticed they have added Thai as one of their translation languages. That will make communication so much easier with some of my special friends there. BTW: the boy with me is 23, tight six pack, blond hair and brown eyes. Looks like he stepped off of a Calvin Klein underwear ad. Brazil is amazing this time of year as Carnival is approaching and all the guys from across the country come here …

    • 13 replies
    • 2.5k views
  4. Started by PattayaMale,

    Today 3 of us went to Big C (Central) on 2nd Road for a late lunch (2PM). Along with our BBQ we wanted to have a bottle of beer and were told that they can not serve alcohol from 2-5pm. I thought this was a bit stupid! I know that stores and gas stations can't sell it during certain hours (even though I have not had a problem buying wine at Friendship), but I was certain that if in a restaurant eating lunch you could have a beer. Did the restaurant make a mistake or is this really the law?

  5. I bring this up because in the last few days some of the boys I have talked with have said they wish they did not have to work in the bars. I sure understand this. But is it really true I wonder. Sure the job pays well. But is it just money? Your thoughts?

    • 24 replies
    • 4.9k views
  6. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I love the names some guys choose for themselves on Thai sites. Just saw this one on the dekchai site - sickyourduck

  7. Started by PattayaMale,

    Updated: [ December 13, 2008 ] :: 11:40:57 [view 3535 ] A THAI MAFIA GODFATHER SPEAKS OUT We would like to present our avid readers with the edited highlights of an interview contributed by an interested party, given by one of Thailand‘s most powerful Mafia Godfather‘s, who we‘ll call Khun Yai; that‘s not his real name, but to avoid negative repercussions, we‘re keeping his identity a secret. What you are about to read, however, is God or the Buddha‘s honest truth and will give you a unique insight into the world of one of this country‘s leading Mafiosos. Thai Mafia If you did not see this it might be interesting to read

  8. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    PATTAYA: -- An American man was found dead in a Thai jail cell where he was being held for an alleged immigration offense, a newspaper reported Saturday. Brian Dunn, 30, had been detained for overstaying his visa in the resort town of Pattaya southwest of the capital, Bangkok, The Nation newspaper reported, quoting police Lt. Col. Anan Thamchaikun. Dunn was found dead with facial bruises over his cheekbones, the newspaper said. It didn't give the time or suspected cause of Dunn's death, his hometown, or his reason for being in Thailand. Police were investigating the incident, the report said. Police officials weren't immediately available for comme…

  9. Guest Geezer
    Started by Guest Geezer,

    Why I don’t use a credit card in Thailand, and wouldn’t have a credit card from a Thai bank. In the US, and probably most western countries, an Email to your bank and the money is back in your account. At least that has been my experience. http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000008485

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Started by PattayaMale,

    For those of you not here in Pattaya, may like to know that we had some strong rain today. It lasted almost an hour. Now why is this news worthy, well it may not be . But for those of us that did not know it was going to rain and riding our motorbike, it was a surprise.

    • 11 replies
    • 2.2k views
  11. Started by PattayaMale,

    Before looking at the article below, I was surprised today when my Thai friend ask me if I thought it would be a good time for him to sell an 8 baht gold bracelet we bought very early in our friendship.....when I was more naive than now. He never wears it and I did suggest that he keep it as an investment and over the last 7 years I never even thought about it as he had it stored in his personal safe. (We each have our own safe. His is his alone and mine is for both of us it seems). I asked him to let me think about it since I am not sure. Any suggestions? Local gold prices have hit an alltime high, soaring to break 16,000 baht per one-baht weight (15.16 g…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.2k views
  12. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    Bangkok Governor affirmed the extended Silom electric train line spanning to Thonburi, western side of Bangkok, would be unofficially launched for service on May 15. Bangkok Governor M.R. Sukhumbhand Paripatra said during his inspection of extended Silom electric train line spanning from Thaksin bridge and Thaksin road on Thursday (February 5) that Mr. Teerachon Manomaipubul, Bangkok Deputy Governor, has reported progress of the construction for the extended line to him. While Mr. Chumphon Sampaothong, Director of Traffic and Transportation Department, Bangkok Metropolitan, also conducted site survey and reported progress of construction of the project which als…

    • 16 replies
    • 2k views
  13. Started by PattayaMale,

    I have been using the Ayudhya web site GB suggested. For the first time I clicked on the tab "Forward Exchange Rates". What do the numbers mean? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    NEW PG Weekly Report for February 17, 2009 now online... http://www.pgreport.com/ (select February 17th and click to read) Pattaya News • 'A Search For A Star': Boyztown Thursday 26th February • A success story: 'A New Chorus . . .' • Art exhibitions in Pattaya: February • Art exhibition review: 'Inspiration From My Friend's Spirit' • Baan Jing Jai Orphanage Open Afternoon Saturday 21st February • Bar La Cage News and Events • Body Language Nightclub • Boyztown Valentine's photos PHOTO REPORT • Dude Man Club: February calendar • Le Café Royale news and events: Street Party Buffet - Thursday 26th February • Nicky's News of Gay Pattaya (…

    • 0 replies
    • 895 views
  15. Started by PattayaMale,

    (Washington) Legislation was re-introduced in Congress Thursday that would allow Americans in a same-sex relationship to sponsor their “permanent partners” for legal residency in the United States, a right currently afforded only to opposite-sex couples under immigration law. The Uniting American Families Act was filed in the House by Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY). Nadler has been fighting for the bill for nearly eight years. With Democrats now in Control of the Congress and the White House Nader said Thursday he is hopeful the measure will become law. “In 2009, we should be ready as a society to acknowledge that stable American families come in all varieties,” sai…

    • 15 replies
    • 2.8k views
  16. As usual, what Mr Thaksin said Sunday was the same old stuff that he has kept repeating time and again like a broken record: that he and his family were unfairly treated; that he has not done anything wrong; that he was falsely accused of not being loyal to the monarchy; that he has been targeted for assassination attempts and blah-blah-blah. He vowed to keep the fight for the justice until his death...........BKK Post I thought of a couple people from our community that have been charged or are jailed. It seems ironic that the former Prime Minister doe not have the courage or confidence to face Thai justice...........but thinks it is fine for others even though…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  17. Started by PattayaMale,

    Starting this May, film-rating system will come into effect in the country for the first time. The Cabinet Tuesday approved four draft regulations on the system. "We should be able to enforce the regulations from May onward," Culture Minister Teera Slukpetch said. Instead of having five categories for films, Thailand's system will classify films into seven groups. "The two extra groups are for films that should be promoted on merits of cultures, arts or traditions, and films that should be banned for containing inappropriate content," Teera said. The Nation I wonder what inappropriate content will be??

  18. Started by Gaybutton,

    Today, during the second round of trading, the exchange rate crept to just above 35 baht to the US dollar for the first time in months. Some people have been reporting that they have already been getting an exchange rate in the 35's when using foreign ATM cards. The round 2 exchange rates are as follows: US Dollar: 35.01 Euro: 44.21 British Pound: 49.61 Australian Dollar: 22.4325 Canadian Dollar: 27.9225 In the past I would usually post the opening and closing daily rates, but I've been busy lately, so this time I'll let you gents check for yourselves. Both the Bank of Ayudhya and Siam Commercial Bank update online several times d…

    • 6 replies
    • 5.4k views
  19. Guest LastSamurai
    Started by Guest LastSamurai,

    Hello, Sorry, quick (maybe too quick search of message board didn't lead me to a precise thread! I'm interested in recommendations for relatively simple single accommodation near Dongtan Beach or elsewhere in Jomtien, or, if need be, South Pattaya for apx. 3 weels mid April to early May, ideally in range of 1,500 to 2,000 B per week (or am I dreaming of yesteryear??? Thank you

    • 9 replies
    • 2.5k views
  20. Started by PattayaMale,

    Currencies This article on Blomberg shows that some Asian currencies are at their lowest in years

    • 14 replies
    • 2.8k views
  21. Guest RichLB
    Started by Guest RichLB,

    Okay all you smart people. Conversations (when they stray off the topic of the boys) seem to be focusing on the sad state of economic affairs in the world today and how that will affect those of us who live in Thailand. The problem seems to be that the predictions range from "It's a temporary slump and will be corrected in a year or two" to "World wide depression and we'll soon be foraging in the jungle to find enough food to eat." What's it going to be and what can those of us living on a fixed income (large or small) do about it? What precautions make sense? If we're renting is it now time to buy here or if we own a home in Thailand is it time to consider trying to…

    • 19 replies
    • 3.6k views
  22. I went to check out the opening of the Mushroom Restaurant this morning. When I arrived it had several tables full with farangs having breakfast. The menu is almost exactly the same as when Googie owned the place. In fact the tables, decorations, and former staff is the same. Unfortunately so are the prices which I had been told would be less, but not so. The Thai food prices average about 150 baht a plate. WOW!!!! The breakfasts can be found at most other places for about 20% less depending what is ordered. An example would be the Swiss Breakfast. At Continental off Soi Bukow the exact same breakfast is 130 baht. At Mushroom it is 175 baht. One thing to re…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  23. Started by PattayaMale,

    I had hoped someone would have let us know how the festival in Sunee Plaza went on Valentine's night. This was one of the first times recently I believe that some of the bars cooperated in closing part of the street and holding a joint party. It would be fantastic in my view if the owners of Sunee would finally get together and try things that would help each other (and the customers) in these economic times.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
  24. Started by PattayaMale,

    Reading the Bangkok Post Business section today I read several stories about the Thai economy. Recently, some were saying SE Asia might not be hit too hard. The condo market for mid priced condos (under 5 million baht) is down 80%. The high end market (6 - 10 million baht) has completely drawn to a halt, with many investors pulling out in fear new projects will not be completed. Cargo is down 50% Thai air's flights are doing better than expected. Unemployment is up considerably. Rice prices way down hurting farmers (80% ?? of Thais) I can't imagine what it would be like if they were hit hard!!

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  25. Started by KhorTose,

    Angelina made an implied criticism of the Thai government while touring the refugee camps of the Myanmar Rohinyga, and was blasted by the foreign secretary of Thailand, who went on to criticize the UNHCR. This is another very dumb move by the Thai government. Angelina Jolie has a very good chance of winning the Oscar for her outstanding performance in The Changling. I can just imagine what is going to happen if she wins and gets up and gives a speech. Not a smart move by Thailand. On a lighter note, I am surprised that she failed to adopt every child in the camps she visited. http://redeye.chicagotribune.com/sns-ap-as...0,7970293.story

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.