Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
For those of you that have a retirement visa and often get a permission to re-enter the country at the airport in Bangkok, let it be known that the immigration counter, where you use to get the re-entry stamp, is no longer open. A sign is at the counter that states "PLEASE TAKE YOUR RE-ENTRY VISA AT IMMIGRATION OFFICE SOI SUNLUM, CONTACT 02-2873101"
-
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
-
-
Just what Thailand needs on top of everything else! The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Bird Flu Warning for 14 Provinces Published on January 17, 2009 The Public Health Ministry has listed 14 provinces as at risk from a reappearance of the H5N1 bird flu virus. "The cool weather provides a good environment for it," said deputy permanent secretary Dr Paijit Warachit. He named Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Lop Buri, Chai Nat, Prachin Buri, Nakhon Nayok, Suphan Buri, Kanchanaburi, Nakhon Ratchasima, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen and Nong Bua Lamphu. Paijit said he had instructed health officers known as "Mr. Bird Flu" across th…
-
Last night a friend and I were out and about in Pattaya and noticed that more and more bars are ignoring the no smoking laws . I have tried to talk to some bar owners and managers where it is occurring with no results. So I thought today I would call the city help desk 1337 and find out how to report violations. The person that took my call after putting me on hold for awhile to check came back on line and told me to call the police at the following number: 038 420 802...5 She also told me to call the city managers office if the police did not go to check. So with this information and the names and location of some of the Sunee Plaza that are violating…
-
I am not sure how it is determined on which message forum postings should be made.
-
Just wondering which the Pattaya expats prefer? I tend to shop a bit more at Friendship because it's open till 2:30 AM. I also get the impression that if you are buying specialty food such as meat or cheese Friendship may be the better option for quality. But it seems that in general the prices of branded items are lower at Tops especially if you have their discount card. Since I have lots of time but little money, I'll often check out the prices in both places and save some baht.
-
Anyone know the drink prices at the Dude Club? It seems that sometimes beers can be very expensive yet a bottle for your table quite cheap. Anyone know the best time to go? On Saturday, January 17th there's a Miss Lucky Dude Contest, a ladyboy contest of sorts. The flyer in Thai says 23:00 but that may be when doors open and maybe it's better to go much later.
-
does any one has information where busses leave from Bangkok to Pattaya, andhow to get to the bus stations Thank you
-
I know that there are many that donate to charities in Thailand and that many on this board and others have charities. I have decided to organize a charity in the LOS. What steps do I need to go through to make this a legal, professional charity. I have already decided it will have a US based component that money will be tax deductible for US citizens. I want this to flow directly into the charity in Thailand with every dollar accounted for and everything totally visible for all to see. Are the local charities independent or under the umbrella of another Thai Charity? GayButton gave me good advice to also contact the Embassy and ask their advice and I'll…
-
"Beauty is only skin deep" or at least that is what I am told. Yet, I seem to pick the boyfriend based on this attribute. Walking around in Sunee last night, there were few I really wanted to get to know but there was one that intrigued me and I really would like to get to know him better. He is not educated at all but his looks were killer. A 19 year old boy from Issan and speaks little English. After the breakup with the last boyfriend I wonder if there is a better way to select the next Mr. Right. (True I have a Boy Special that is with me but he is not in Pattaya and hates the city so I try to keep him at a distance and save him for myself and other trips) …
-
I received this from a member. I am not sure of its validity and have not been able to find confirmation but it sounds legit. Please see the below message we received: Chiang Mai Gay Pride Information After waiting several months for the Mayor to give us a License, we are now able to hold the Second Chiang Mai Gay Pride Parade and Festival. The following Events are currently Scheduled and more will be announced later. A Major Concert / Fundraiser and a Pre-Parade Party will be Announced Next Week. For additional Information, to Volunteer, or to Donate Money, contact Pad of Mplus. PadChiangMaiPride@hotmail.com 089-950-8726. For information ab…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Today as we were driving back from Bangkok from Bumrungrad hospital I saw what I say is "I can't believe it." We were on a Bangkok expressway that divides so 2 lanes go off to the left, 4 lanes continue straight ahead. We were going to the left and traffic for those lanes were at a standstill. So we waited in one of the lanes that go left for the road to open. Soon cars were passing us and started to make another lane to turn left in one of the lanes that were to go straight, not go left. Soon a 4th lane and then a 5 lane were made to go left until all the lanes that were to go straight were blocked by traffic that was to go straight. So now no one is going to go any…
-
- 10 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Well, the BF and I officially broke up over a week ago. It was hard for both of us. I had him come to visit me one day on the bike ride and when he arrived I was 100 percent certain he had gotten back on Yabba in my absence. It did break my heart. I needed a few days to think about it and it was not something I was willing to go through again. I cut off all him ATM's and Credit Cards and called him to say goodbye. As a severance package (the second one in one month) I told him that the 2 motorbikes I had in his name were his to do with as he pleased and to sell them for drugs or rent or whatever he desires. I also asked that he never contact me again. I am sure I …
-
Waive visa fees, cut air fares: Tourism and Sports Ministry The Tourism and Sports Ministry has submitted 13 tourism recovery measures for government approval. The proposals include waiving visa fees, cutting air fares, and reducing airport charges. Minister Chumpol Silapa-Archa said the proposed measures were handed to the government's economic team yesterday. "The ministry has compiled [the measures] from the needs and proposals from the private sector," Chumpol said. The tourism industry, which normally generates about 6-8 per cent of gross domestic product, is suffering from the global economic crisis and last year's eight-day closure of Bangkok's …
-
Dear Pattaya Area American Citizens, The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to inform you that there will be a consular outreach visit to Pattaya on January 29, 2009. Please come if you can! Consular staff will be available to provide consular services at the following location: Thursday, January 29, 8am to 12pm at the Aisawan Resort and Spa, at 445/3 Moo 5, Soi Wongamart, Pattaya-Naklua Road, Banglamung, Chonburi, Thailand 20150, telephone: 038-411-940-8. The following consular services will be available during our outreach visits: Passport renewal applications ($75.00 or Baht 2550 for adult passports, and $85 or Baht 2890 fo…
-
I am sitting here in Two Guys Guest House with TOQ on my 3rd return to Pattaya after extending my stay through January 22nd. This being my first trip to LOS I have been a very very busy boy :cheers: I have, with the exception of sending a couple of PM's to folks I met in the flesh, been having a blast and relaxing my fingers for the inevitable barrage of posts I will do when I get home. I have much to report and even some of it may be interesting to a few of you! I have had no reasons to ask questions of folks on the board as I have had very few questions and any I have had I have asked people "live" from this board and others. I truly love to just experience the co…
-
I ran across a website I have never seen before yesterday and saw the forums. They are quite busy and active. There is a huge ladyboy online community out there. The site I saw is: http://www.shemale.asia Anyone know of other sites with ladyboy forums?
-
Several people include links in their posts. On this message board they work only if you include the 'http://' part of the link. Most of the time, when that is excluded I go into the post and add it in for you, but it would be quite helpful if you do that yourself when you place a link in your post, especially since I can't always get to your post in a timely manner: This does not work: www.gaythailand.com This does work: http://www.gaythailand.com Notice that when a link is going to work, it's underlined. You don't underline it yourself when you write the post. The underline will appear automatically in working links after you submit your post. If y…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Does anyone have a contact [email, etc.] for a reportedly gay Myanmar group in Chiang Mai? Do they have a web site? I have been told that they have been there for some time apparently with western security funds. I am trying to get in touch with them.
-
- 4 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Usually when a new operating system comes out in Beta (testing) it is not available to the public in Thailand. This time it is available. I downloaded it in ISO format and then installed it without any problem. It did take 4 hours to install and convert all the files but I just let it do its thing while I went off to do mine. It has given me no problem access the Thai forums. It seems to me to be faster than Vista and it seems to have a desktop view that looks a bit like Apple OS. If you like to play around with this kind of stuff you can download it at http://www.windows.com/windows7 The Thai scripts that my Thai friend uses seems to work fine also
-
- 11 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
WEEKLY REPORT NEWSLETTER 7 days ending January 13, 2009 http://www.pgreport.com/ (select January 13 and click to read) Brought to you by http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com If you know of an event or of some news that will be of interest to the gay community please let us know. The email address is at the top of the page. So do send us your news, views, photographs etc. This is a free service to the gay community here in Thailand. The Weekly Report Newsletter is published every Wednesday, if you would like to receive an email notification when it is published please subscribe to the Newsletter. DIARY PAGES Pattaya News • Chicago…
-
Today while at Continental for breakfast, one of the waiters came up to me and said he was moving back to Googie's to work. There are 3 boys there that use to work for Googie and all 3 are returning. I asked the waiter if he was joking and he said no. The landlord and his son were opening the restaurant. I doubt that it will be called Googie's and they said "Not sure". But according to them a restaurant at that location will be opening Jan 15 (which is as I understand the day that Googie's lease expires.
-
- 5 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
I know that there is a party at the Roadhouse in Bangkok. But when a friend who arrives in Pattaya Jan 6 asked me if there were any in Pattaya, I thought it was a good question to ask. Does anyone know of any? Maybe if there is enough interest one of the bars or restaurants will consider doing one
-
- 13 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Hi Guys, below is a link to a post I have made on Ting Tong in regard to X. The thanks and gratitude by X and myself in that post, applies equally to the members here at Gay Thailand. Many Thanks, George and X. http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3807
-
Is it on 2nd Road? Or slightly off 2nd Road? Thnx. Cover? Best to buy a bottle or order beer? Prices?
-
Word on the street is that the Sunee area will have no electricity Wednesday morning/afternoon. Think this includes Yensabai Condo but not sure.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-