Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
House for Rent in Pattaya - 230 square meter, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathroom, Kitchen, Living Room, Dining room, 5 Aircons, Cable Tv, Highspeed Internet ADSl 2MB , Telefon line, Big Garden 420 square meter, Nice and quiet area. Villa 1 Villa 2 Villa 3 Villa 4 Monthly rent 20.000 Baht Deposit 40.000 baht, Longtime, ready to move in. Fully Furnished. Please call Mike at 086-110 7164 to make an appointment
-
I have a friend that is not supposed to drive anymore. Taking a motor bike or a baht bus is not a good option. I have another friend that lives in Jomtien and simply calls for a car and driver. He said some hang out by where he lives. He also does not want to give out the number as he wants the guy available for him. If too many start to use the driver he may not be available. Which I understand. But maybe some one else knows of someone who has a car that does local trips like a taxi. I have seen a few taxis now in Pattaya have never taken notice if there is a telephone number to dispatch them or how it works. Anyone able to provide some help?
-
- 5 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I just saw this in "The Nation": Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva on Wednesday reminded the public to check the rumour about ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra before forming any conclusion. Abhisit was reacting to rumour that countries, like Nicaragua and United Arab Emirates, might grant the status of special citizenship for Thaksin. Past speculations relating to Thaksin proved false, he said, referring to Thaksin's claims that a number of countries would grant him special passport or would seek his advise or would provide safe haven. I don't understand why Thaskin would think he is so famous or so important to the "world". Can anyone explain this to me?
-
- 19 replies
- 4.1k views
-
-
The flight to LA was hell. Long flight and the NWA flight from Bkk to Tokyo was horrible. I got into LA and I carried my bike I rode in the TourDeThailand.com charity bike ride. It was a nice cannondale bike. I had to get a special taxi for it and all my luggage. I got to the hotel and then went to the bike shop to have it serviced and a tune up before I start preparing for my next adventure. I took it from the bike shop to Starbucks in Marina Del Rey (a very nice area next to the ocean) and walked to the movie with some friends. The bike was in front of the Starbucks. After the movie, I went to get the bike to ride to the hotel and guess what? The bike was gone. …
-
- 16 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
The following appears in the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: _____ TOURIST VISA EXEMPTION IN EFFECT FROM 5TH MARCH In a bid to promote tourism Thailand is removing the requirement of a tourist visa for all travelers for a period of three months starting from Thursday, 5th March 2009. The exemption was announced by Tharit Charungvat, Director-General of the Department of Information of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Usually, Thailand gives a Visa On Arrival to citizens of 20 countries for a period not exceeding 15 days, and a visa-free stay for travelers from another 42 countries for up to 30 days. The new ruling effectively waives the Tourist Visa On Arrival…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Thai-Lao Train Service Launched By: NAOWARAT SUKSAMRAN NONG KHAI: Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn stepped aboard the train yesterday to become the first passenger on the rail service linking Thailand and Laos. The Princess rang the departure bell at Nong Khai station at 9.30am and the train pulled out to begin its maiden journey across the Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge over the Mekong river, arriving at Thanaleng in Laos at 10am. The Princess was joined on the journey by Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, cabinet ministers and senior State Railway of Thailand staff. Lao Vice Presid…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Interesting article from today's Bangkok Post. I am in full agreement of this nation's policy of putting saving lives over corporate profits. Abhisit warns US on drugs patent issue Govt committed to universal health policy By: POST REPORTERS Published: 5/03/2009 at 12:00 AM Newspaper section: News The prime minister has assured a visiting US business delegation that Thailand's compulsory licensing of essential drugs complies with the World Trade Organisation's agreement on intellectual property. Abhisit Vejjajiva also warned the delegation of greater pressure from society to expand compulsory licensing (CL) if US authorities chose to downgrade …
-
Hey guys have booked into the Sansuk guesthouse in Pattaya for 2 weeks. What is best around the area. Before you ask, yes I like young(legal) slim hot Thai guys. Michael P.S any reviews on the place. Michael :
-
- 1 reply
- 2.2k views
-
-
* Reply with quote * Edit post * Delete post * Report this post NEW PG Weekly Report March 3, 2009 online PostAuthor: travelerjim on 05 Mar 2009 10:19 NEW PG Weekly Report March 3, 2009 online http://www.pgreport.com/ (select March 3rd and click to read) Pattaya News • 'A Search For A Star': Boyztown PHOTO REPORT • Art exhibitions in Pattaya: February • Amor Restaurant: "Strawberry Time" • Bar La Cage News and Events • Contemporary Dance Review: "Reflecting Harmonies" REPORT AND PHOTOS • Copa Showbar: "St Patrick's Gay Knees Up" • Dave Man Club: One Man & Owome (All in1) 2009 and A Thank You Party • Dude Man…
-
If you had just one night in Bankok and wanted to visit a couple of bars that had the femiest boys, where would you go? And would u please let me know the approx location? Thnx.
-
I just had a good friend return from a 2 week trip to Koh Samui and Phuket. They drove so since tourists are down did not make advanced reservations. I talked to him today and he said he was really surprised that both places were PACKED! They had to check several hotels to find a room. Restaurants and beaches were overflowing he said. It makes one wonder how bad the tourism really is? `
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
The Pattaya Passion Message Board announce the launching of its “Pattaya Proprietor” forum. This private-access forum will only be open to gay Pattaya Business Owners and will provide a place for them to come together as a business community and discuss relevant issues and/or plan future events. The concept behind the forum is to bring gay Business Owners together and encourage them to build, strengthen and support the gay community in Pattaya as well as share learned business lessons, network and answer each others’ questions. In addition to access to the private forum, each Pattaya Propietor will have a special ranking — thereby allowing other users to understand that t…
-
In Pattaya I was never charged a fee using my Kasikorn Visa card to take money from a Kasikorn ATM. Here in Chiang Mai, I went oput of my way to find a Kasikorn ATM and was charged 10 baht. Now 10 baht's not a big deal, but I prefer to make many transactions of 500 or 900 baht so I don't get 1000 baht notes. Anyone know what's up with the charge. Is it only free at my branch or in my region? I could also use an Ayudatha card too.
-
- 12 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Have you ever been treated at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital? Well a 57 year old lady was pronounced dead there. Her family came to collect the body and the lady "woke-up". This according to Pattaya Daily News. hmmmmm Fantastic medical advances! Full article
-
- 11 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
We had a nice breakfast this morning in which I invited all those who participated in the contest and had over 150 posts. We sat around and enjoyed the morning and some good food. We had a drawing in which one of our waiters/hostess from the hotel picked the name out of a hat. Yes, it was an actual cowboy hat from my wild west days. Lvdkeyes name was drawn and while he was not in attendance, I did speak to him and congratulated him. Thank you to Gaybutton who worked hard to keep the contest tallies and to everyone who participated and posted. I had a great time with this and loved reading so many diverse opinions on many subjects. I hope you all continue to pos…
-
The new planes for the Tokoyo to Bangkok route are the 757 Planes. For those who use business class, these seats suck. They are not the pod seats that were on the old planes, they don't even get close to going all the way down for comfort, there is no individual tv monitor with movie selections and the seat more resembles a Business domestic class seat than it does an international long flight seat. All in all, it looks like NWA will be cutting more and more corners and it looks like the business class seats are part of the cutbacks. I have always been a loyal NWA member and flying over 100,000 miles with them every year for many years. The cost for the b…
-
Would someone please confirm that there's no longer any exit fee at BKK airport? Thnx.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
I'm not a foodie but I know fantastic food when I taste it. Go to Chez Marco, next door to the Raming Lodge in Chiang Mai. You won't be disappointed. Not quite sure how Chef Marco is able to operate. I thought restaurants needed to hire Thais as cooks?
-
- 2 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
I see that the Baht is now at 35.98 using Bank of Ayudhya buy sight rate today.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
With all the other problems Thailand may face this year, this is not good news. Hotter climate, storm surges likely By: BangkokPost.com Published: 22/02/2009 at 03:34 PM National Disaster Warning Centre chairman Smith Dharmasaroja on Sunday warned that this year's climate will be hotter than usual, especially in the northern, northeastern and central regions. Speaking at the event to promote vegetarianism, Mr Smith said a very hot climate will raise the soil evaporation rate, making it difficult for farmers to grow crops and they would have to use more water for farming. According to the meteorologist's forecast, the country may experience summ…
-
Gourmet Set Menu House Champagne *** Amuse Bouche *** White Wine Cackle Berry Chardonnay Australia, 2004 Beef Carpaccio with Black Olive & Basil Coulis *** Rock Lobster in Saffron Cream Soup *** Oysters in Champagne flavored Hollandaise Mousseline *** Mango Sherbet *** Red Wine Sea Horse Bay, Shiraz, Australia,2006 Oven–baked Norwegian Salmon on Sun dried Tomatoes and roasted Garlic -or- Gratinated Provencale Duck Confit with white Wine glazed Vegetables *** Berries Crème Brûlée -or- Selection of premium international Cheese *** Coffee or Tea …
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I read the print version of Bangkok Post using Press Reader which does not give me a link to post so I cut and pasted this article which I feel is well written. GAME THEORY; GAY REALITY Three men walked into a hotel and asked the receptionist for a room. The price was $30 and they paid $10 each. Later, the receptionist realised that the room actually cost $25. She gave the bellboy five $1 notes to give back to the three men. The bellboy couldn’t figure out how to divide five single dollar notes between three men. So he kept $2 as a tip and returned $3, $1 to each man, telling them that the cost of the room was $27. Dilemma: We started with $30. T…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
The economy is struggling in most parts of the world. People have lost retirement investment and their portfolios are down. Many have said they are unable to return to Thailand next year as it is cost prohibitive. We are here are help with our High Season Give-A-Way. The prize:: A roundtrip ticket from your city to Thailand anytime during 2009. We will book this for you (via Rhonda and Norcross Travel or another travel agency to insure discretion) for up to 1500 USD. The way to enter: Every day we will tally the number of people that have 3 or more posts. Winner (to be drawn by independent witnesses) must have made 3+ posts, on any given day, and also at …
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for February 24, 2009 online... http://www.pgreport.com/ (select Feb 24 and click to read) Pattaya News • 'A Search For A Star': Boyztown Thursday 26th February • And now for something completely different: PYTHON CLUB GRAND OPENING • Art exhibitions in Pattaya: February • Amor Restaurant: "Strawberry Time" • Baan Jing Jai Orphanage Open Afternoon PHOTO REPORT • Bar La Cage News and Events • Dude Man Club: February calendar • Le Café Royale news and events: Street Party Buffet - Thursday 26th February • Oscars News and events: The next Thais4Life Quiz Night • Ozz Bar News • Pattaya Players "Murderous Crossing" …
-
There were five of us that arrived around 8pm. 2 went in to Cafe Royale for the buffet and then came to sit outside with the rest of us. I did not see the buffet but our friends did not like it. The show started on time a bit after 9:15. There was some really good original talent in the first part of the show. Ken from Little Mango sang and was very good. He was the only original performer I knew. There was (unfortunately I feel) many lip syncing performers and some acts from Copa and BBB. The talent from Bangkok was good as were all the singers who sang using there own voices. I enjoyed one act that preformed "Yankee Doodle", Great energy. I left a bit be…