Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    CHIANG MAI: -- A British music teacher has been brutally murdered in Thailand in what police described as a tribal ritual. David Crisp, 56, from Derby, was killed at his home in the northern Thai city of Chiang Mai, where he was a prominent member of the British expatriate community and director of a choral society. "He had beaten about the head with a teak mug. His throat had also been cut with a six inch knife and the murderer tried to finish the act off by smothering him in a cloth which covered his piano," said Colonel Pattipol Serichaichana of the Chiang Mai police. He said that police suspect the killer was a member of the Shan, a hill tribe which …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  2. Guest joseph44
    Started by Guest joseph44,

    After 5.5 years spending, learning, enjoying and suffering in Thailand, I've decided to head back to Holland. The main reason is, that I still have to work until I'm 65 and that's for another 18 years. I could stay in Thailand and live happily on what I get now, but on a longer term it wouldn't be good enough to live on after my 65th. Since Thailand is a better place for holiday-makers and retirees (in general), I decided to change my longstay position into a lot of short stay-position over the next 18 years. Last week I got an offer I couldn't reject. If I did, I would be a thief of my own pocket. House, Job and Car are waiting for me, so on the 4th of Feb I'l…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.3k views
  3. Guest aot87
    Started by Guest aot87,

    does any one know when the new hotel in jomtiem will open , (the old bondie)

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. Started by TotallyOz,

    When you visit Thailand, do you use cash or your Credit Cards? I find that most of the time I will go to the ATM and get cash and use it. Part of the reason is most places I have used CC in copy down the number in the machine. I don't like my number being stored anywhere. What do you do in LOS cash or credit?

    • 15 replies
    • 2.5k views
  5. Guest Astrrro
    Started by Guest Astrrro,

    I'll probably be in America when my retirement visa expires. Can I renew it in the USA?

    • 19 replies
    • 3k views
  6. Started by PattayaMale,

    Now that the Chinese New Year is fast approaching I looked about what animal year I was born in. I learned that my Thai friend and I have the same Chinese zodiac and we were born on the same day of the week. We also have the same cycle (1 cycle is 12 years). My cycle is 5 and 3 months.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    On Friday, January 23 the Pattaya International Mardi Gras Festival will have a parade starting at 4 pm. I am not sure if this is in conjuction with the new Central Festival Plaza grand opening, as mentioned by Pattaya Male in another message. The parade will proceed from Pattaya Beach Road Soi 7 to Walking Street entrance and then will turn left onto South Road or Pattaya Tai and finally left on Second Road finishing at the new Central Festival Pattaya Beach Plaza. The parade should be a good one featuring many Thai superstars, colorful outfits and plenty of Mardi Gras fun. You can call the Pattaya Call Center at 1337, if you need more information.

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  8. Guest Saturday
    Started by Guest Saturday,

    On February 5, 2009, Pattaya Passion will re-launch its newly designed informational website and message forum. The fully integrated site will offer many more features than the original version and will offer users a truly interactive experience while providing useful information about Gay Pattaya life! The new message forum is a different format from any of the other gay Thailand forums and boasts many unique features with easy to use options! Pattaya Passion Phase Two will be housed at the same url as the current main website: www.pattayapassion.com. Please stop by and see why Pattaya Passion is indeed The Insider's Guide To Gay Pattaya!

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Britain's Guardian newspaper has today printed a list of the top 10 winter beach getaways. In terms of value for money, the list ranges from 8 nights in Sri Lanka for US$580, 6 nights in Kenya for $870, to $1,150 for 7 nights in Tobago in the Caribbean. All rates include return flights from London. The above destinations are not much closer to London than Thailand. At a time when the Thai tourist industry is in such a desperate state, I am staggered that the TAT has not done more over the last few weeks to work with tour operators and alert the world's newspapers to packages in Phuket, Samui and other beach resorts. But judging from the websites I have checked, I sus…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.1k views
  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    Everyone that lives there seems to thrive there and love it. For me, time in Pattaya seems to blend in day after day and it is easy to get lost and wake up and 4 months have passed. There are many things to love about Pattaya but what specific draws gay men there other than the sex? What is it that compels many to settle there and retire there as opposed to other areas of Thailand? What makes Pattaya so special for gay men?

    • 11 replies
    • 3.2k views
  11. Started by TotallyOz,

    How often do you eat out when you are on holiday in LOS? I find I eat out most meals when I am in the hotel. When not in a hotel, I still eat out most of the time. I think I find it easier and just as cheap to eat out so much. My regular breakfast place is Papa David's and my lunch place is Salt and Pepper. I vary up my dinner spots from day to day.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.9k views
  12. Started by PattayaMale,

    One of the things that is still an unbelievable bargain is the cost of rubbish service here in Pattaya. The lady just came to collect the yearly fee. The truck comes to our house 3 times a week (around midnight). The workers never leave a mess. They do the job and place our trash bins back where they belong each time. The total cost for this service is just 480 baht........a YEAR!

    • 10 replies
    • 2.2k views
  13. Started by PattayaMale,

    Monday I took a friend to meet with his lawyer and a government official. Of course the meeting was confidential but there was one thing I heard that made me believe many more guys may be sitting on the wrong side of the jail house door. This local government official had a stack of arrest warrants for people that have been accused of sex with a minor. I am amazed that all it takes is one underage Thai to file a report with little or no evidence and the police can get an arrest warrant. I can give you an example. The warrant said it was for an "old, fat and bald westerner" "who took (Thai name) to his room for sex." No name, no picture, just a boy's statement. …

    • 2 replies
    • 2.3k views
  14. Guest CurlyEye
    Started by Guest CurlyEye,

    Does anyone have any knowledge or experience in regards to this place as a choice for a long term, as in several month, stay? http://www.diamondcitypattaya.com/ It looks good in the pics and also the location seems very reasonable. Standard room rates of 9,900 seem pretty good too.

    • 9 replies
    • 2.6k views
  15. Guest aot87
    Started by Guest aot87,

    with the fall in the £ exchange rate i need to find a cheaper place to stay , than either the poseidon , or the cafe royale, I have never stayed in any other hotel apart from these two so i would like some advice on other places to stay

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  16. Started by PattayaMale,

    I had a good friend tell me he was at Question Mark in Jomtien Saturday night. He said there was a drunk farang arguing with his BF. The argurment got heated and the Farang back handed the Thai BF. The Thai immediately pulled out a knife to slash the farang but one of the waiters caught the Thais arm before the knife hit the farangs throat. Both were asked to leave. Losing your temper and hitting a Thai does not make sense. It is very embarrassing and not a good idea.

    • 9 replies
    • 2.8k views
  17. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Test of Marketing as iPhone 3G Mobile Phones Make their Debut Published on January 19, 2009 True Move's iPhone 3G mobile phones, which made their debut last Friday, got an overwhelming welcome from businessmen to hi-so people but it remains to be seen if True Move can meet the sales target. True Move executives showed mixed feelings of happiness and anxiety when not only those pre-registered for the phones went to pick up the devices at the launch event in Siam Paragon's Royal Paragon Hall, but also shoppers in the mall, who rushed to register and wait for the phones. This prompted True Move's chief exe…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  18. Guest topjohn5
    Started by Guest topjohn5,

    Just a little note to say that contrary to some reports I have had no troubles opening a Thai bank account. I have just a 60 day tourist visa issued from the USA's Thai Embassy in Washington D.C. I opened two accounts. One at Kasikorn Bank and one at Siam Commercial Bank. Both needed just 500 baht to open plus an addition 300 baht (expense) if you wanted an atm debit card. The atm cards have no name on them so would be useful only for electronic useages. Both banks wanted my passport of course and a local address (which I used the hotel address I was staying at). They send no statements to the address as it is a passbook that is issued.

    • 12 replies
    • 2.4k views
  19. Guest kjun12
    Started by Guest kjun12,

    Does anyone know anything about the government plan to suspend visa fees for a period of time?

    • 5 replies
    • 2.4k views
  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    Happy 3rd Year! http://www.richards-bangkok.com/calendar/090121/

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  21. Started by PattayaMale,

    2 friends and I went to some of the gogo bars in Sunee. We had a good time but did notice that the gogo bar next to Corner Bar has many entertainers and a lot of energy but also seem to be a bit young. Interestingly, this seems to be one of the bars that allow smoking but there were no customers smoking. The only one's smoking were a few of the young boys. I did ask the mamasam to have them stop or go upstairs or outside. He did take care of it but I understand that it will probably not be permanent.

    • 9 replies
    • 3.1k views
  22. Guest Astrrro
    Started by Guest Astrrro,

    Free flights from Hanoi to Bangkok and Phuket to KL. Seems in some cases it's free one way bit not the other. In those cases you can use an alternative carrier for the return. Lonley Lovers Sale Perhaps this should be in Gay Asia since it involves international flights.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  23. Guest rentalb123
    Started by Guest rentalb123,

    Hello all, was wondering if there were some standard tipping rules or ranges that I could reference. I know that based on service, etc., values would fluctuate, but just some ballpark percentages or values. Waiters Taxi Drivers Housekeeping Boys that just come and sit with you and that you just enjoy some conversation with Do you go up to the stage and tip dancers like in the states? Beach guys who give massage Etc. Thanks in advance for any info......see you in May.....

    • 21 replies
    • 5k views
  24. Guest Astrrro
    Started by Guest Astrrro,

    Just opened an account with Ayudhya cause my teerak has an account there and I want to do electronic transfers between the accounts. Having a problem signing up for internet banking. Their system does not like my telephone number or zip code. I checked with the bank and I'm inputing the five digit Thai zip code that I gave them but I ddi not provide them with a landline number. I want to get registered now. How many digits should a landline have. Can u probivv an example for Pattaya? Does it start with a 0? Is there an 8? If dashes where do they go? Zip codes are five digits right? An example of one you know is good? Frustrating.

    • 20 replies
    • 4.9k views
  25. Guest shebavon
    Started by Guest shebavon,

    I generally do not like to post on restaurants, because one man's cure is another man's poison. Since I like all you good folks I will make an exception here, since this place is exceptionally good. Located next door to Monty's in Jomtien Complex, the restaurant features comfortable and tastefully decorated indoor and outdoor seating. And then there is the food. Appetizer, main course, and desert. 3 course specials ranging from 290-350 baht. One such combo is a Scallop and Mussel in cream sauce appetizer, duck in Cherry Sauce, and huge fruit salad for just 290 baht. Another I enjoyed was Shrimp Cocktail, New Zealand Lamb Chops, and Creme Brulee …

    • 7 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.