Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
According to Pattaya Daily News, workers from La Royale have not been paid for 6 months and so they stopped working and blocked streets in protest. This project is charging 76 baht per square meter. I bring this up asking if this is a beginning(or continuation) of what might be in store for other of these big projects in Pattaya and Jomtien. Or is this just an example of a very rich Chinese investor (owner) taking advantage of of the poor Thai workers?
-
- 6 replies
- 2k views
-
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ No Place for Gays in Chiang Mai Culture? By Pongthorn Chanlearn Published on February 5, 2009 Conservative groups in Chiang Mai have petitioned the governor to ban the second Chiang Mai Gay Pride parade planned for February 21, arguing that such an event undermines the city's age-old culture. As director of MPlus, one of the event's organisers, I believe that cultural heritage and the expression of sexual identities are not mutually exclusive. A flowing current brings fertility from upstream to downstream and prevents the decay that comes with stagnation. Likewise, culture, without being held hostage, r…
-
I was up early to watch the Super Bowl this morning. I am happy they show these events, but wish they would allow the commercials to be seen. One of the fun things for some of us is the great commercials. I had read that there would be a segment in 3D. So I had a friend from the USA send me a pair of 3D glasses.......at a $41 FedEx fee. Anyway, it was all for nothing as they did not show it here on Thai True sport 4> By the way after I received the 3D glasses I found out that it is very easy to make your own 3D glasses. Just get some clear soft plastic and a blue and red markers. Some web sites even give you a template to cut the glasses out.
-
The local news media is reporting several stories about the rise in the number and frequency of these crimes, along with more stories about pickpocket teams that plague baht buses. Regarding the gold chains, to me it defies logic as to why anybody would want to wear them here with so many thieves out there ready to try to snatch them. Some of them stop at nothing to make a grab. On the baht buses, be especially alert for anything suspicious and keep your money and wallet where the pickpockets can't get at them. The usual M.O. is for the pickpockets to work in teams. One or two of them will do something to distract you while another uses the opportunity to pic…
-
- 8 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I saw 2 of the waiters that will be back working at the former Googies in Day Night. They told me that the new restaurant is going to be called Chiles or Mushroom. The menu will be the same as it was at Googies except LOWER prices. The former cooks will also return. It appears that it will be Googies without Googie and have the same waiters, cooks, menu and quality at more reasonable prices. I will try it out on the 18th (or when it opens) and report back.
-
SEX THROUGH THE AGES By: Story PICHAYA SVASTI When it comes to sex, marriage and virginity, many Thais believe the conservative values they grew up with are the same as those that were present in old Siam. This belief is a myth, says academic Chalidaporn Songsamphan in her research paper, "History of Sexuality: Sex and Related Issues in Thai History". "Sexuality is dynamic. Its components, definitions and moral standards fluctuate and vary from one period to another," explains Chalidaporn who teaches at Thammasat University's Faculty of Political Science. Her research highlights the old Siam's concept of virginity, sex, marriage, polygamy, sex-relat…
-
Last night 3 farang friends and my Thai friend went to Jomtien Complex. We went to a fairly new bar which is right across from Rock Hard Boys, Panther Club. We agreed that since it has been open just a few weeks it did have a fresh feel and the tables are not crowded together. The owner said that on the weekends they have a different singer each Friday thru Sunday. You can decide on the hosts, but I did not feel they were trained well. One came to our table to ask if we wanted a drink and after the drinks were served we did not see one, even when we wanted to order another drink. So we decided to pay up and move on. When we said check bin, four hosts ran up the…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I was driving around yesterday by my house and decided to go see what was being constructed at the end of our street. There is a wall so traffic can not pass onto our street. The complex is really very beautiful. I was surprised (very surprised) at the quality of construction in the low rise condos (7 floors). I also thought that the price was pretty good too considering the amenities that are included. Very nice gym, separate men's and women's sauna and stream room, private party rooms, very large swimming pool, underground parking, and beautiful gardens. It is in my opinion worth a look if in the market for a first class condo in a first class complex. The un…
-
Murdered corruption-busting highway policeman Chit Thongchit had many enemies — from politicians to his own colleagues — but investigators suspect four major cases are most likely connected with his death. Pol Snr Sgt-Maj Chit’s body remains at Wat Pom Kaew in Samut Songkhram’s Muang district pending cremation; 50 police from the Crime Suppression Division, Ratchaburi and Region 7 are striving to fulfil the wish of his family members — they will not cremate him until investigators bring his killers to justice. Chit, 54, fought more than 10 corruption cases against police and local and national politicians. But four cases stand out as being most probably …
-
SAMUT PRAKAN: -- Suvarnabhumi Airport is ready to take back domestic flights from Don Mueang Airport, according to Airports of Thailand (AoT) acting president Serirat Prasutanont. Mr. Serirat, who is also director of Suvarnabhumi airport, said that the flight relocations will begin March 29 as the national flag carrier, Thai Airways (THAI) has announced it will move all domestic flights now operating from Don Mueang Airport back to Suvarnabhumi Airport on that day. Many airlines have agreed to move their services back to Suvarnabhumi, but some still oppose such a decision by the government, he said. "The AoT will try to persuade and explain them the advanta…
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for February 3, 2009 online... http://www.pgreport.com/ (select February 3 - click to read) Pattaya News • Art exhibitions in Pattaya: February • Bar La Cage News and Events • Bedrace this weekend • Birthday Party for Tuk at Up2You Bar in Sunee Plaza (from Nicky's Gay Pattaya) • Body Language Nightclub • Chicago: Broadway's all time killer hit "Bar La Cage" away day • Copa Showbar news and events: Glen's Birthday Bash and "Valentine's Lovers Special" • Dude Man Club: February calendar • Le Café Royale night of music with Ronald Willemsen FULLY BOOKED • Nicky's News (from Nicky's Gay Pattaya) • Oscars News and event…
-
A week ago, I had a motorbike accident. Here in Pattaya of all places. LOL 2 good friends took me to Bangkok Pattaya. Really good friends who turned on a dime, gave up the dinner they were on the way to, and accompanied me, since I was unable to walk. Doogie Howser the Orthopedist quickly diagnosed fractured knee. It seems as I age, the Doctors get younger. Not to mention that I do not bounce like I used to. This situation made me think, would I have been better off if the accident had occurred in the USA? Let's see: Hospital, I will pick Bangkok Pattaya any day. They were so apologetic that I had to wait for a whole hour for the Orthopedist t…
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Thaksin Talks of a Comeback Declares Readiness to Fight for Justice By: AEKARACH SATTABURUTH Published: 3/02/2009 at 12:00 AM NAKHON RATCHASIMA - Thaksin Shinawatra is in a fighting mood. The former prime minister says he is ready to fight for justice and make a comeback as the country's political leader. The move is a turn-around. Thaksin earlier said he had washed his hands of politics. "I earlier announced that I would wash my hands of politics," Thaksin told members of the opposition Puea Thai party and former MPs of the now dissolved Thai Rak Thai (TRT) on Monday in a phone-in. "But a…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
In their monthly newsletter, Stewart announced that 2 Guys Guesthouse has been sold. It is still gay owned and operated and all existing reservations honored. 2 Guys is extremely affordable lodging. Good place to learn about the best bars, restaurants, banking issues etc., the real world version of Gay Thailand Forums. I enjoyed my stay. Thanks to Stewart and Cho and best of luck with the country resort!
-
Heard from a reliable source who was there that Sansuk Sauna on Beach Road was raided a few nights ago by the BKK police and that the owner, Punya, had to pay a 30,000 Baht fine. Anyone have more information?
-
- 2 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Pattaya Players (Home of Pattaya's Professional Amateurs) invites you to a wedding dinner cruise aboard its latest production "Murderous Crossing" at -5 Supper Club in North Pattaya. This production is the second in a series of dinner theatre offerings presented by the Pattaya Players, this one written by David Landau. Landau is credited with creating this unique theatre genre, and has provided past hits including "Murder to Go," "Seance," "The Hilarious Hillbilly Massacre," "Murder at Cafe Noir" and "Noir Suspicions." Synopsis: The famous Inspector Clurrot has tracked down a homicidal mastermind hiding out on board. Meanwhile, the ship is the vessel of matrimony for…
-
People will be able to buy railway tickets online, starting Sunday, according to State Railway of Thailand (SRT) governor Yutthana Thapcharoen. He said the online ticketing system will initially be tested for 16 routes for six months, and believed it can help increase the number of railway passengers by 30 per cent. Some of the routes include Bangkok-Chiang Mai, Bangkok-Ubon Ratchathani, Bangkok-Trang, Bangkok-Nakhon Si Thammarat, Bangkok- Sungai Kolok, and Bangkok-Butterworth. The SRT is also experimenting with using smart cards to buy railway tickets in convenience stores, Mr Yutthana said. Starting Sunday, people can buy railway tickets online by cl…
-
A good friend took me to this restaurant tonight. It is a bit hidden as not on the main roads but easy to get to. The food is excellent and the male waiters make the place very comfortable! I had the pork wrapped in thin bacon with glazed apples and my Thai friend had the sea bass over 2 kinds of pasta that is served with a spicy red pepper sauce. He really liked it and when we left said he'd like to come back. The red house wine was also very good we felt. They gave a fresh oyster on the shell complimentary. before the brought our starter. Directions from Pattaya take Thappraya road towards Jomtien at soi 7 or 9 turn left and take either soi to the end. ht…
-
- 10 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld a 14-year prison sentence for British national Maurice John Praill on charges of sexually abusing an 8-year-old boy eight years ago. The ruling was read out to Praill, 77, at a court in Chonburi, 90 kilometres east of Bangkok. Praiil was arrested in 2001 on charges of sexually abusing a minor at the beach community of Pattaya and sentenced to 14 years in prison but was allowed to live freely in Pattaya on bail for the past eight years as he appealed the case. Since his 2001 arrest, at least six new child sexual abuse charges have been filed against Praill, Supreme Court officials said. The initial sentence ordered by a…
-
- 20 replies
- 4.2k views
-
-
Today I was at my lawyer's office to check on some property. After we had finished our business, we started to chit chat. She told me she hardly has enough business now. The firm is a firmly established one and quite large. She said that there just isn't enough business as some have closed and no one seems to be buying.
-
Hi, Never been to a gay sauna before and interested. I am in Pattaya and have read a few things about the Sansuk Sauna. Any recent reports? Is it mainly farang with Thai or and farang with farang? Any info appreciated. Still a little shy in this.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
I was at The Avenue today and at the cinema there is a large poster advertising Soi Cowboy and it says "Exclusive showing at the Paragon in Bangkok" (or something to that effect). Then I noticed that it was, in fact, playing there. My bf and I went to see it. I have to say it is one of the strangest movies I have ever seen. Neither of us fully understood what it was all about. It is very slow moving and the first half is in black and white and the second half in color. No apparent reason for it! I don't want to tell too much about it in case others plan to see it. If anyone sees it and understands it please let me know.
-
Not having visited Pattaya for more than 18 months, 3 friends and I just returned from 3 days staying in a nice hotel in South Pattaya. On previous visits, I have had great times in fun bars like Funny Boys (perhaps my favourite), Throb and Krazy Dragon. This trip we visitied a reasonable selection in Boystown and Sunnee, including the aforementioned 3 plus Boyz Boyz Boyz, A-Bomb and Villa Rouge. Apart from Villa Rouge (which is not really my scene), we found the average age of boys has definitely gone up and there are far more macho types (as opposed to cute types) than there ever were before. Very few in any of the bars actually smiled and many looked downright bor…
-
I had no trouble when I got back into USA with immigration. However, I had a guy that sat next to me and he and I chatted for a long time on the plane. He was coming from Singapore and Thailand and on business. However, when he entered the USA, he said all his videos were taken and he was given a warning not to bring illegal videos into USA. These were not porn videos but regular G, PG and R rated popular current videos. I wonder if this is common? Anyone else ever had this happen to them? Anyone have immigration question them?
-
Surely someone has run into this situation before. In a couple months my US Passport expires and I am picking up my new one tomorrow. I'm curious what happens with my Retirement Visa, extensions, etc. which are in my soon to expire old passport. Does anyone know how this is handled?
-
- 14 replies
- 3.2k views
-