Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
One of the things I always recommend to people who are taking strangers to their rooms is to have the desk clerk check the person's ID card and hold it until an "all clear" is received from the "farang" and the person leaves. I would still recommend that, but it may not be enough. Anyone reading the news in Pattaya is well aware that crime has been steadily on the increase. I've been reading more and more stories in which the "farang" does take that precaution and yet he still becomes a victim of theft, even when the hotel has made a copy of the criminal's ID card. In virtually every case, the "farang" has left money, mobile phones, cameras, or other valuables…
-
The students who come to Harvard graduate and striptease instructor Busakorn Vorameth are mostly educated, upper-middle-class career women between the ages of 20 to 50, who have found that erotic dancing helps reduce stress levels. For foreigners visiting Bangkok, it is hard to avoid a tour of at least one of the capital's many night entertainment strips, such Patpong, Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy, where the chief attraction is scantily-clad women go-go dancing. The Thai "stripper" has therefore become ingrained in Bangkok's somewhat notorious international image. However, that image is a foreign one to many Thais. Thai society, at least at the middle and …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
A few days ago the police launched a raid against the pirate software and DVD vendors at Tuk Com. The following appeared in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _____ 1.5 Million Baht raid of Tuk.Com IT Center in South Pattaya It is widely known that the Tuk.Com IT Center located on the South Pattaya Road sells copies of well known Audio CD’s and DVD Movies on the 4th Floor. The vendors run the risk of arrest and confiscation of the CD’s on a daily basis and we have reported on raids by Police at the Center on many occasions. This is one such raid conducted by Police Lieutenant Colonel Santi from Pattaya Police Station who conducted a raid of around 30 shops on the 4th Flo…
-
- 2 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
I'm wondering what are the considerations that you may have - when you get a bar boy 'out' from the bar scene to stay with you long-term. My friend, suggest a monthly allowance of 20-30,000THB, and the mamasan (my better friend) suggested the same -- and I'm inclined to agree with the rates on the forum here. (10,000THB - I think it's good enough too). What are the other considerations?
-
One of my favorite Lady Boy bars in on Soi 6. There is currently a crackdown going on. Here is the article from the newspaper. http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_03_05_50_3.htm
-
What do you think? What is a good time slot (and day) to go to Sansuk in Pattaya to run into other fun seekers?
-
An E-mail from a friend reminded me that it's been a long time since I wrote about Rhonda, of Norcross Travel. Many traveling to Thailand from the USA may not have heard of her and end up paying much more than necessary for airfare. I used Rhonda for my flights to Thailand for many years and she was always able to get airfares hundreds of dollars less than any other source I was ever able to find. She specializes in travel to Thailand. I suggest first trying to find the lowest airfares you can, but contacting Rhonda before you commit to anything. She'll probably be able to beat the price, and beat it by several hundred dollars. The toll free number for Nor…
-
- 4 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
I have read a few stories about the changes of the Thailand Elite Membership Card. One of the major perks of the card is a 5 year visa. I have also been viewing their website and it is getting ready for some new changes. I have found all the privilages there but missing is ANY information on Visas. I do wonder what that means if anything? Also, I would be curious to know how this affects others who have purchased the cards. I have one friend who purchased the card last year and has been very happy with it. But, he purchased it for the reasons other than the visa.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
I was fortunate to have an opportunity to take a trip to Hong Kong and Macau with my Thai boyfriend. Several people have asked for info about the trip, so will give you a little review. My bf had a new passport issued in December having never been out of the country before. We went through imigration in Phuket, flying to Bankok on Thai Air, and on to Hong Kong on Emirates. The only hitch was getting by boyfriend out of the country. At immigration he had to go back to the check-in counter and get an arrival/departure card. In the future, I will make sure he has a departure card before arriving at immigration. Upon arrival at Hong Kong, immigration went smooth, w…
-
The next PGF (Pattaya Gay Festival) dinner will be hosted at Bruno's Restaurant on Wednesday, May 2. Details and the menu can be seen at: http://www.pgreport.com/100407/brunos_dinner%5B1%5D.jpg
-
- 1 reply
- 1.8k views
-
-
My Bf and I have been to Thailand 4 times and we love it is a understatement. Since the Tsunami our hearts have been with the wonderful Thai people and could only watch from afar the devastation and sadness... After being around the world we are now ready to go back for a 5th time.... Hence this posting. I have Googled this website and subscribed to get feel of what is happening and after reading many postings, reviews etc... I am still a bit confused. We have after many years together reach a stage where we experiment with the local talent, something we have never done before although very often tempted. And since we love Thailand so much and the boys are obv…
-
I've never been adventurous (unless you mean in the bar, when you know everyone is available), and the good old advise has always been 'wait for the locals to make the approach'. So any advise for me, if I plan to hit on a guy who works at the shopping mall's swensen? I'm not very sure if he's gay... or not.
-
Sticky Rice is updated....April 28, 2007 Sticky Rice has updated their website... with 3 new feature stories: http://www.stickyrice.ws/?view=home . An Inescapable Dilemma? NEW One of the assumptions underlying Western culture - gay as well as hetero - is, that in an ideal relationship, e.g. marriage, sexual desire between the partners always remains the same and even intensifies over the years rather than diminishing. Why should gay lifestyle copy straight patterns? Read more Sitting Pretty Safe in Pattaya Gay Beach NEW Recently the Dow Jones hit a new all-time high. Although we like to be contrarians sometimes we didn`t fight the trend and…
-
New PG Weekly Report for May 1st now on-line... The New PG Weekly Report for May 1st is now available: http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml . Just select the date of May 1st and click to open... FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING MAY 1ST 2007 FEATURES . . . Coronation Day Carabao: a bit of Thailand in London Royal Ploughing Ceremony Bun Bang Fai Festival PATTAYA REPORTS . . . Terry calls "time at the bar" . . . Oscars Bar to host Thais4Life Quiz Night Sunee Plaza & Day Night PGF Charity Dinner at Bruno's News from Bar La Cage Gallery Opium Miss Tiffany's Universe 2007 Top of the Gulf Regatta, Jomtien American Citizen Service…
-
About a month ago, a Thai friend took me to House of Male in Chiang Mai. It was the first time I ever visited a sauna, gay or otherwise. It was nice. Cute friendly staff. It has a little gym and a little pool. Also a steam room and tiny rooms upstairs for massage and “whatnot”. We mostly just hung out by the pool and swam, until my friend dragged me upstairs to a tiny room. Bathing suits or some kind of clothing was required for swimming, and I assume because of the high rise apartment with windows looking down into the pool. However, steam room and upstairs cursing area were pretty sleazy with all sorts of “whatnot” going on. Anyway, my friend is back in BKK and I wante…
-
Just returned from a trip to the North East where I stumbled across a very nice gay friendly Resort at Amphur Kranuan, about 60 kilometers North of Khon Kaen on the Udon Thani Road. The owner is a very nice guy from Manchester and the whole place is something I have never experienced in Thailand before. The Resort is extreamly large (20 Rai) and has a 25 Meter swimming pool, which connects two lagoons under a bridge. One side of the pool slops from a sandy beach into 2 lagoons. The complex has about 50 bungalows surrounding the pool and some in the quieter area of the water gardens. he whole place is very clean. The bungalows are air conditioned with un-suites and…
-
Stef, as an FYI, the amount of missing posts from the board are more than a few hours worth. I know several days worth of posts in the bar boy thread are missing. In addition, I am missing all PMs from the past few months, including several received over the past week or more to which I've not yet responded (sorry to those people to whom I owe a response). I thought I'd give you a head's up in case it helps with your recovery of the missing info. Thanks for all of your work! Pete
-
BANGKOK, April 29 (Reuters) - Shopowners at Bangkok's Suan Lum Night Bazaar plan to defy a Monday deadline to pack up and leave while a court decides the fate of one of the city's most popular tourist destinations. "We will stay. We will not leave," a giftshop owner Wanwisakha Chansorn told Reuters outside her tiny stall in the sprawling market of 3,000 shops, a handful of restaurants and a Thai puppet theatre. "Nobody plans to leave and we will go along with the majority," she said of her fellow vendors who sell everything from flip flops, fake watches and other tourist trinkets to handmade furniture and silk art. Shopkeepers like Wanwisakha can generate s…
-
I would like to know why my last two postings are not showing up.
-
PHUKET CITY: Following a spate of complaints from confused foreigners entering Thailand on “visa exemptions”, Pol Capt Krissarat Nuesen of the Phuket Provincial Immigration Office has made a statement to clarify the 90-day rule and how it was changed, effective April 1. Visa exemptions, commonly referred to as “visas on arrival”, allow tourists from certain countries who arrive at the border without a visa to have permits-to-stay, typically for a period of 30 days, issued by Immigration officials. “People who enter Thailand on a ‘visa exemption’ are permitted to stay only 90 days in a six-month period,” he said, adding that the six months is calculated as a 180-…
-
Thailand takes on drugs giants By Jonathan Head BBC News, Bangkok The Thai government's decision to bypass the patents on two Aids drugs and one heart drug, so it can offer them to all Thai citizens, is a bold move, which has put the country on a collision course with the big pharmaceutical firms. Six years ago I visited a clinic outside Bangkok, where a locally-made pill, called V1 Immunitor, was being distributed. The claim that it could treat HIV/Aids was widely discredited, yet the queues went right around the block. The people waiting patiently in the Bangkok heat came from all walks of life. There were street vendors, civil-servants and respectable-loo…
-
Another police bar check wednesday night but I don't think it turned up anything as I didn't see anyone being taken way. Friday night the only bar packed with lots of boys was Kaos. Over 35 boys and some nice looking ones at that. Euro had 9 boys mostly ladyboys. Sundance can't seem to hold the boys there but still had 11 of them. Jim Jimmy James has some nice guys that seem to be very loyal to the owner there. I counted 18 but I ws early so maybe more showed up. There seems to be more and more lady boys in Jimmy James lately. I wsih someone would open strictly a LadyBoy Bar(as there seems to be a liking for them) and leave the other bars to the non ladyboys.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Whats your opinion? To strong or Eye Candy? I photographed him last year in Pattaya. Now i see him at "Happy Boys" Soi Yensabai
-
New Weekly Report for April 24 now on-line... The New Weekly Report for April 24th is now available: http://www.pgweeklyreport.com . select the date of April 24th and read... FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING APRIL 24TH 2007 FEATURES . . . Songkran: the way it was Moving house Issan style Hong Kong & Macau PATTAYA REPORTS . . . Mr Krazy Dragon Handsome Boy Contest Oscars Bar to host Thais4Life Quiz Night St George's Day & Farewell . . . England's green and pleasant land in Soi VC Vaseline Full Sun Event Vino Italiano exploration dinner Sunee Plaza/Soi Day Night PGF Charity Dinner at Bruno's Amor celebrates 13 years Miss Tif…
-
PANDANUS BAR BISTRO Metblog - Pandanus Bar/Bistro Review posted by Daniel at 12:41 PM on February 05, 2007 Even though BKK's nightlife is going through a serious slump at the moment, the same couldn't be said for restaurants and Pandanus (50 Soi Nunta, Sathorn 1) has proved that all is healthy in the restaurant market. So many venue's let their initial appearance look mundane and prefer to concentrate on the food. Whilst this isn't a bad thing, a little design and creativity gives that important first impression a massive boost. Pandanus's architecture has been tastefully done, with the Bistro on the bottom floor and the bar at the top. The bar reminded me…