numazu

Bangkok/Phnom Penh/Siem Reap Trip Report: The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same

Trip Report with less sex?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do a trip report for Cambodia and Thailand that has less sex?

Listening to a bar boys story about other customers are often entertaining but I, for one, don't like it. Even he tells me good things, how generous, how handsome or how young the customer is. I have seen photos of a customer, been told where he works - a very well known company etc. I feel uncomfortable because I know he is going to tell other customers about me!

I'm the same , it's why I don't take their pictures and don't let them to take mine, as they say , internet forgets nothing.

Still few times they caught me off guard but at least dressed

Thanks for another great report.

I guess CB has been badly advised over the visa issue. He could have just paid the fine and done it all legally. Probably less than 5000 baht.

Now he has a passport with a departure stamp from Cambodia & an arrival stamp in Thailand, but he is in Cambodia. How does he fix that for his next Thailand trip?

My Thai BF hardly ever gets entry or exit stamps from Thailand any more. He can and does use automated gates at Suvarnabhumi where he scans his passport and the gate opens. So there are non-corresponding stamps from DMK or other places, where they don't have the automatic gates yet. I believe there are 2 more exit than entry stamps at present and nobody seems to care so far. 

Not sure if that works for other ASEAN passports as well.

I guess CB has been badly advised over the visa issue. He could have just paid the fine and done it all legally. Probably less than 5000 baht.

completely forgot to ask...  how is a moneyboy in low season supposed to come up with spare THB 5000 ?And he probably and justifiably fears not being permitted reentry after overstaying.

Numazu you had enough bad luck with airlines on that trip , to hopefully last for a life time.

I have had lots of cancellations or delays in the USA but luckily not once have I ever experienced such on my trips to and around Asia. Except of course when protesters  took over the BKK airport.

I guess I am due and better buy that insurance on my next trip.

completely forgot to ask... how is a moneyboy in low season supposed to come up with spare THB 5000 ?And he probably and justifiably fears not being permitted reentry after overstaying.

Pay attention. He was paying 5000 for the taxi to the illegal border crossing.

I never get travel insurance. Maybe I will next time I go. Love your report as I'm going to mirror the places you're going! Thx

I pass on this as well , medical insurance yes , but cancellation etc , no , I rather take a chance.

Waiting for a next installment for numazu's report impatiently 

Now you've done it again...  Eagerly waiting for your next post.

Master of Suspense is back !

I will admit I prefer finding your threads after they are done. I don't like when someone else edges me. you are a Master Tease.

Patience, one and all, a suspense master is at work...

I swear guys, I do not mean to ramp up the suspense. It just works out that way. I do not like how wordy I become with these posts. But the words just come out of my head and enjoy revisiting my trip through writing about it.

I noticed from your previous trip report that CB likes gossiping.

Listening to a bar boys story about other customers are often entertaining but I, for one, don't like it. Even he tells me good things, how generous, how handsome or how young the customer is. I have seen photos of a customer, been told where he works - a very well known company etc. I feel uncomfortable because I know he is going to tell other customers about me!

Am I being paranoid? Perhaps so. By the way my name is not Keith Vaz.

I'm the same , it's why I don't take their pictures and don't let them to take mine, as they say , internet forgets nothing.

Still few times they caught me off guard but at least dressed

I'm pretty sure CB has talked about me to other customers. I do not know this for sure, but I hope he does not show my photo. I told him to not do it, even if he has shown me some customer photos to me. I always tell him I don't like being shown the photos, but deep down I do want to see what customers look like who get his services. And we all know the boy talk about us with their friends. I found this out in Cambodia, more about this in a future post.

vinapu - taking photos of the boys is a must for me. Even clothed. I love keeping the memories with me. If someone ever hacked my cellphone they will be in for a big surprise :).

Now he has a passport with a departure stamp from Cambodia & an arrival stamp in Thailand, but he is in Cambodia. How does he fix that for his next Thailand trip?

My Thai BF hardly ever gets entry or exit stamps from Thailand any more. He can and does use automated gates at Suvarnabhumi where he scans his passport and the gate opens. So there are non-corresponding stamps from DMK or other places, where they don't have the automatic gates yet. I believe there are 2 more exit than entry stamps at present and nobody seems to care so far. 

Not sure if that works for other ASEAN passports as well.

Here are the facts for overstaying a Visa.

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/overstay-visa-thailand.php

I don't know his exact circumstances, but he always does land crossings when going to and from Thailand. He has never flown into Thailand. Not sure if the stamps situation is different there, as I have never done a land crossing. As far as I know he was due for a passport renewal, as his I think expires in October, as he asked for money for his passport renewal. This might take care of lacking a departure stamp since its a new passport? Not sure. I guess I'll find out when he tells me he can't go back to Thailand.

But he sounded so scared (bordering in tears) when he was telling about the overstay. This was his whole livelihood, and getting detained or being barred from going back to Thailand would definitely take out his source of income.

completely forgot to ask...  how is a moneyboy in low season supposed to come up with spare THB 5000 ?And he probably and justifiably fears not being permitted reentry after overstaying.

Pay attention. He was paying 5000 for the taxi to the illegal border crossing.

Some moneyboys do travel in comfort and style.

The 5000 baht seems reasonable to me. It cost me $100 to get a private car service to take us from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap, so 5000 baht that will take him from Pattaya to somewhere in Battambang, which is a little further distance, plus the illegal border crossing, makes sense.

As far as low season, before going with me he had a long time off with an Asian guy who took him around Pattaya and Bangkok. Sufficed to say it was lucrative for him. He did bitch to me about the asian guy the whole week he was with him. With photos. 

Numazu you had enough bad luck with airlines on that trip , to hopefully last for a life time.

I have had lots of cancellations or delays in the USA but luckily not once have I ever experienced such on my trips to and around Asia. Except of course when protesters  took over the BKK airport.

I guess I am due and better buy that insurance on my next trip.

Sounds like a good insurance to have, if they cover all these costs you have due to one flight being canceled.  

I never get travel insurance. Maybe I will next time I go. Love your report as I'm going to mirror the places you're going! Thx

I've been plenty lucky with past trips so I think I was due for this bad luck as well. I don't get travel insurance for every trip but I do get it when its an extra busy trip with a lot of moving parts like many flights and different hotels and (with other trips) rental cars and prepaid parking and show tickets etc. Its especially useful if you go to a country where westerners are susceptible to contracting any maladies (the tropics, Africa), or if you plan on going scuba diving or snorkeling or jet skiing and hospitalization may be needed if something happens. Or if there is some political unrest that will require you getting repatriated or get extra hotel stays (Thailand protests, Paris transit strike - I got stuck in one of these). One flight cancellation/Jelly fish sting/allergic reaction/tropical storm and it makes the $75-$150 insurance for a 2+ week insurance coverage highly worth it. I bake the cost into my vacation planning.

And don't forget to ask for a Delay Certificate!

On travel insurance - over the years, it's been hit or miss if I'd get / remember to get insurance.  Last September, I slipped on wet pavement in Beijing, fell backwards and put a sizable gash to the back of my head (I was rescued by a hunky South Korean security guard who was there to protect Mrs. Park who was in town - but that's another story...

Condensed version - the fall, the verbal testing to see if I had a concussion, the short medical checkup, etc. etc. made me think that I truly wasn't invulnerable and that if I continued to travel (which I have and plan to do) then I needed to make travel insurance a regular thing. 

The next few trips I'd but from Allianz using the link on my airlines's booking page.  In July of this year, I read an article on the NY Times website about travel insurance and the demand because of terrorism.  While terrorism wasn't at the top of my list, the article had links to sites that compared insurance plans, reliability, pricing, etc.  The article is still available on the Times' website - but it wouldn't give me a helpful link to post here.

I had spoken with Allianz about a 12 month plan, but was told NO due to my age 71 (at the time).  Using Squaremouth (one of the links in the article), I specified a request for an annual policy,with lots of medical coverage, evacuation coverage, etc.  Also included was trip interruption, cancellation, and luggage loss.  Annual cost $193.  

Here are the coverages

Multi-Trip Plan Universal from APRIL Travel Protection - Policy Coverage Limits

This information is in the full policy certificate.

Trip Cancellation

No coverage

Trip Interruption

$5,000 per person

Hurricane & Weather

Common carrier delay for any length of time, Mandatory evacuation conditionally covered, Must be purchased before storm is named

Terrorism

Covered for foreign and domestic

Financial Default

Covered after 14 day wait

Cancel For Work Reasons

No coverage

Cancel For Any Reason

No coverage, This benefit is separate from Trip Cancellation

Emergency Medical

$50,000 per person, Primary coverage

Pre-Existing Condition

No coverage, Pre-existing look-back period 90 days

Medical Deductible

No Medical Deductible

Medical Evacuation & Repatriation

$100,000 per person

Non-Medical Evacuation

$50,000 per person

Travel Delay

$750 per person, $100 daily limit, Covered after 6 hour delay

Baggage Delay

$300 per person, $100 daily limit, Covered after 12 hour delay

Baggage & Personal Items Loss

$1,000 per person, $100 per item, $250 specific items limit

Missed Connection

$150 per person, Covered after 6 hour delay

24 Hour AD&D

$25,000 per person

Sports Equipment & Fees

Not selected

Rental Car Damage

Not selected

Money Back Guarantee

Free look up to 14 days after purchase

24 Hour Assistance Service

24 hour assistance provided

Identity Theft

Covered

Maximum Trip Length

90 days per trip

Maximum Number of Trips

No limit

Additional Benefits

Concierge Services Coverage

Day 1: One Night in Bangkok

I Line my Myanmar Boy (BurBoy) and tell him an approximate time I will be at the Crowne Plaza. He does not reply but I am not concerned because it’s before 12 noon. I Line Cambodia Boy (CB) telling him I am in Bangkok. He replies happy and confirming my arrival in Phnom Penh tomorrow. I text my BF and some of my friends that I am safe on Thai soil. I check my work email to see if there were any pressing matters to attend to. And I post a status on Facebook checking in at Suvarnabhumi Airport.  All this before disembarking the plane. The curse of living in the 21st Century.

thanks for  a good and long-lasting laugh

And then promptly fall asleep. A flight cancellation, 15-hour flight plus a 3 hour flight, and 7000+ miles travelled to see this boy and I fall asleep immediately when I see him. I have embarrassed all sex tourists everywhere.

I will be lobbying so we all forgive you

I then think how much spilled cum these carpets have seen and caught.

now we know why smart places like Raya, Nantra or BBB Inn don't have a carpets - easier to keep spotless

Tomorrow, Cambodia.

I wish it's already tomorrow