numazu

Bangkok/Phnom Penh/Siem Reap Trip Report: The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same

Trip Report with less sex?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do a trip report for Cambodia and Thailand that has less sex?

Your boys are so sweet!

I was lucky it turned out the way. Again, it helped that I have known CB for quite a while so we are comfortable with each other. Your mileage will vary, of course.

More! More! I want to get to SR!

Yes, like vinapu said, buy a ticket and fly. But seriously, its taking me a while to get to SR, and it looks like I am taking my time talking about SR as well.  3 Siem Reap posts and I haven't talked about Angkor Wat yet. And if you can do me a favor, if you like what I write, write a trip report of your exploits as well!

My partner and I have made several trips to Siem Reap as it is a shorter trip than driving to Bangkok or Pattaya and it always amuses me when people assume he is Khmer and he with a little indignation informs them "No, I am Thai"

Can I add my thanks for your fantastic, well crafted reports and taking what must be a fair amount of time to write them

Thanks traveller123. It doesn't take as much time to write these as you think. Words just come pouring out of my head. The memories are amazing and the memories pretty vivid. I derive a lot of joy recounting what happened through writing about it.

CB has the same indignation when he gets mistaken for Thai. You are lucky that SR is a shorter trip for you than Bangkok. It is 20+ hours of travel for me. How I wish I could drive there from home...

Great reports, keep them coming! I couldn't ask for more detail.

But it should be "lie/lies" in all the following:

My memories are the opposite. When I eat something that contains chicken in Cambodia, there are usually bone splinters and cartilage. 

Thanks ChristianPFC! It matters a lot coming from you. Your blog and your travel is an inspiration to me. I don't think I can completely live full-time in Thailand/Cambodia, so I like that you write about your exploits, having lived there for an extended amount of time, and being able to speak the language. Its fun to read your blog, and I thought about doing a blog myself. But it is a ton of work, and I am not in Thailand as much as you do. Though I guess i can talk about my other travels, of which there are a few.

And thanks for the grammar tip! You think native english speakers would know the difference of lay/lie/lies, but i guess I am one of those Americans that can't seem to get their act together when writing about it.

Some of the chicken in Cambodia are very splintery and cartilage-y. I talk about it in one meal (in a future post). I was lucky that i did not have to negotiate prices while i was there.

again , thank you for very detailed and very entertaining report.

I envy you your excellent experience with  Cambodian boys, I wish I could second that but perhaps it  was just my bad luck.

Can you elaborate vinapu? Have you had less than positive experiences with Khmers?

Your reports are making me addictive  to checking forum few times a day and my guess will be , I'm not alone here

Nope you are not alone in checking often only for the next episode of this story.

You are not alone....

I also like the level of detail about the interactions within the group.  I think it makes it a very special experience.Great storytelling job.

Oh the pressure. People check the forum to see if I have posted the latest installment? I can't slack off then! LOL. Thanks for the positive feedback. Again, any feedback, good or bad, encourages me to continue to post, be it here in the thread or though private message, of which some of you have done.

Certainly you are not wasting a minute of your vacation time, I like this style

As the saying goes, "A rolling stone gathers no moss." I've traveled almost the length of the day to get here, I might as well make the most of it. There is a lot to do in PP, SR and Thailand, one will always have their hands full if they choose to. 

Thought as you notice I take a lot of naps. Which is not a waste of time, I know. It enables me to be fresh and ready for the next experience.

I love this. I'm thinking I'll stay at rambutan and hire Sareth also when I go there. I'm planning at least 3 days in SR. I eagerly await Angkor!

Can you elaborate vinapu? Have you had less than positive experiences with Khmers?

I'm not making much of it as it's likely statistic blip but yes, somehow I'm looking for an improvement in Vinapu-Khmer boys relations  as for now it's 1:4.

Good part is  perhaps I'm on good side of equation now because my last one , from ABomb  was excellent + and as a bonus he liked morning gymnastics just like me.

Previous 4 were all massage boys and it did not work well.

one was from XSize massage soi Twilight and it was nothing wrong with his performance , it was just me who  wanted to  try real skinny twink looking just above proper  age and it turned out I didn't feel comfortable being used to older and manly men, so my fault

second one was from now defunct Magnolia, massage was impressive so I offed him long time hoping for lots of fun but he took 'sleep with me' proposal literally and was complaining that  I'm too clingy disrupting his sleep.

third one was next night and this time from Scandic Massage, even better massage  and  hunkier boy who went as far as asking me to leave him alone and do not disrupt his nap

fourth was also Magnolia massage boy whose idea of massage was just go straight to happy ending  and was  guarding his precious manhood like  wallet.

Not that I'm complaining but contrast with Lao ones for me is striking, 100 % satisfaction here and there are even few when 150 will not be an exxageration.

But again , in no way I'm crusading against Cambodians , just bad luck on my side I'm sure

I am so into this! I check my phone all the time waiting for an update. Lol. I wish I could get notified on my phone. Ha apple needs to work on that.

Numazu quote "CB got out of the shower and began his elaborate beauty regimen"

It always amazes me that how much energy and money a bar boy spends on their beauty routine.

The cosmetic brand they use costs 2,000 - 3,000 Baht a bottle of whitening essence. LOL very expensive for even a western standard.

I had a drink with a couple of Jupiter boys recently and most passionate conversation ( speaking in Thai but I guessed from their gesture ) between two boys were exchange of their beauty tips.

Thanks for the tour report. I am enjoying the photos and of course your writing.

I was in Siem Reap three months ago for 5 days and Sareth was my guide . Thanks for reminding me those wonderful days Numazu . At my earliest convenience I will ask Sareth to organise a trip to Phnom Penh and maybe afterwards a few days to Siem Reap again to see my favorite bartender :) 

I love this. I'm thinking I'll stay at rambutan and hire Sareth also when I go there. I'm planning at least 3 days in SR. I eagerly await Angkor!

You won't be sorry. Sareth is very good with tailoring his tour to your needs and pace, and is very adaptable if there are changes to the plans. Ya in Bangkok recommended him to me and like Ya, both are very good tour guides, both very knowledgeable and fun-loving as well. A good combination to have. I am now in touch with Kaung, the Myanmar tour guide for Siam roads, for my planned Yangon and Bagan trip in December.

But again , in no way I'm crusading against Cambodians , just bad luck on my side I'm sure

Yes, I believe it is just bad luck. I've had tremendous luck with Cambodians, better than Thais actually. Though I've had more Thais so maybe its just the sample size. All you can do is try more Cambodians right lol.

From your reports - CB comes across as the most wonderful person -  a guy, you hope will find eventually someone who will care for and love him in a permanent relationship

For his sake, I hope so too. We have talked about this a long time ago. He always wanted me to be his BF, even after I told I already had one. I do like basking under his love and caring, and I will be jealous of whoever gets to be the BF, but as like many other boys in Thailand, the BF also needs to have the means to support him. Anyone up for the job will be rewarded with a lot of love I am sure.

Love the reports but hate to hear about you turning all the hot guys into bottoms hahaha

What are you saying, hot guys can't be bottoms? LOL

enjoy reading the reports numazu - and really appreciate the inclusion of the photos :good:

You should see my phone. There are 20 times more photos than what I share here. Glad I can share a fraction of what was a great trip.

It always amazes me that how much energy and money a bar boy spends on their beauty routine.

The cosmetic brand they use costs 2,000 - 3,000 Baht a bottle of whitening essence. LOL very expensive for even a western standard.

We as customers pay a lot to be close to this beauty, so the boys in turn know that they need to take care of what earns them money.

I was in Siem Reap three months ago for 5 days and Sareth was my guide . Thanks for reminding me those wonderful days Numazu . At my earliest convenience I will ask Sareth to organise a trip to Phnom Penh and maybe afterwards a few days to Siem Reap again to see my favorite bartender :)

I was just messaging with Sareth a moment ago. I am glad he is getting a lot of business coming this month, and in my opinion he is worth every penny. As a friend he is a hoot as well. Him and Ya in Bangkok are similar in this regard. Great tour guides and great friends.

Stunning photos Numazu.

When we have visitors Ankor it is a must see as we are only a four drive from Siem Reap but my photos are not a patch on yours.

CB sounds like a wonderful guy. My partner is similarly very caring even after eight years together, my friends from the UK are always amazed at how he looks out for me when we go to Ankor making sure I dont trip or get too tired.

This must be one, if not the best, series of reports I have seen on here and while we probably wouldn't read the forum without the reports of member's times with the boys it shows there is a lot else to appreciate in this part of the world.

Day 5.4: Tomb Raiders

Because of the moat that surrounded Angkor Wat, it was protected from the onsluaught of the jungle that eventually claimed the ancient city. Ta Phrohm wasn’t as lucky, as Sareth informed that there was 150 or so giants trees that were slowly, but surely, chipping away at the temple.  

we head back to Siem Reap.

My last night in Siem Reap next…

Ta Phrom is not the only one to have been consumed by the jungle, in fact ALL of the ancient temples there have (maybe except Angkor Wat itself due to the moat), but on all others they have removed the trees in the restoration process. Only on Ta Phrom they intentionally left (some) of the trees to give visitors the impression of what things looked like when the whole thing was rediscovered.

So that implies you didn't make it to the Bayon? That's a pity as it is as fascinating as Ta Phrom is mesmerizing. With the faces looking at you from all angles at all times it is a unique experience, plus intricate bas reliefs which are stunning in their level of detail and sheer size (like the ones on Angkor Wat).  

But gives you reason to come back hehe ;-)

Thanks for the enthralling report! 

Obviously I agree with all the praise, and in fact couldn't agree more. But in hindsight, I do wonder about the poll - less sex. It sure doesn't look like that, at least so far, I'd say there has been plenty of sex. ;)

Although normally I prefer to travel alone, your trip reports bring back fond memories when I traveled with friends in Cambodia.  Sharing meals always seemed to be relaxed and appreciated. I found the people very kind and good looking. One thing that I noticed that was different than Thailand was that the people would stare at me because of my height and size whereas the Thai do not openly do so. They seemed to have a simple yet difficult life, but seemed content.

I met a handsome waiter there and asked the owner if that waiter could sit and practice speaking with me for a while and tipped them both. The waiter was such a lovely sweet guy who hugged me when I left (he was straight).

I am happy to see that you treat the people well.  Great karma.

Day 5.7: About a (Cambodia) Boy

He said he needed about $2000 or so to buy a motorbike. 

So I guess that’s where we were going to next. I’m going to off someone in Siem Reap.

that sounds very expensive, or rather sounds like buying a brand new one. Why not buy a decent 2nd hand one? I bought mine for only 24k Baht or roughly $700, 3 years old with 15k km (about 10k miles) on it. Been driving it for a year with no problems whatsoever. That way he could get started much sooner. Buying brand new is a waste of money IMO.

Hmmm, off someone in SR... it seemed it would be a romantic last night with CB.... but we shall see in the (as always) highly anticipated next instalment :-)

Stunning photos Numazu.

When we have visitors Ankor it is a must see as we are only a four drive from Siem Reap but my photos are not a patch on yours.

CB sounds like a wonderful guy. My partner is similarly very caring even after eight years together, my friends from the UK are always amazed at how he looks out for me when we go to Ankor making sure I dont trip or get too tired.

This must be one, if not the best, series of reports I have seen on here and while we probably wouldn't read the forum without the reports of member's times with the boys it shows there is a lot else to appreciate in this part of the world.

Thanks traveller123! Very kind words. I was worried in my very first trip report on this forum, that any other details that were non-sex with boy related would not be received well. I guess I was mistaken and the other parts of my trip were also interesting to most of you. It is very hard for me to just give a rundown of sexual conquests without giving context with the other parts of my trip. I did Thing A that made me pick Boy B and we had a C time. And i will continue doing so I think.

I was also worried that not taking my nice camera would be a mistake, but surprisingly an iPhone 6 camera was enough to give me the stunning photos and memories that I needed.

I'm still jealous that Siem Reap is only 4 hour drive from you!

So that implies you didn't make it to the Bayon? That's a pity as it is as fascinating as Ta Phrom is mesmerizing. With the faces looking at you from all angles at all times it is a unique experience, plus intricate bas reliefs which are stunning in their level of detail and sheer size (like the ones on Angkor Wat).  

But gives you reason to come back hehe ;-)

Whenever I talk to Sareth online I tell him I will be back to SR to see Bayon and the rest of the temples. I know what I missed and will be looking forward to going back. 

I agree wholeheartedly that this is along with previous reports by Numazu the best reports ever on this Forum.  The detail is amazing and brings the story to life.

I also agree there is much to appreciate in Asia and many other parts of the world as well other then our home countries.

Thanks firecat69. Such praise means a lot coming from you. I don't know about my reports being the best reports ever, but at least I know that a lot of you out there like what I write about. Hopefully I'll have the energy to write about Myanmar in December. I am planning it currently. 

Obviously I agree with all the praise, and in fact couldn't agree more. But in hindsight, I do wonder about the poll - less sex. It sure doesn't look like that, at least so far, I'd say there has been plenty of sex. ;)

Thanks Alexx. Haha I guess there are more than a few sex encounters that I talked about. This trip is not as slutty as previous trips, but I understand from some of you that have wrote to me that even at my slowest sex days, it still seems a lot to some of you. I should slow down!

I may be alone in that but for me even more fascinating is Ta Som, minuscle temple with big fig tree strangling compltely one of her gates / gopuras /

I googled Ta Som and you are right, it looks fascinating. I will note it for future trips :). Thanks vinapu.

Although normally I prefer to travel alone, your trip reports bring back fond memories when I traveled with friends in Cambodia.  Sharing meals always seemed to be relaxed and appreciated. I found the people very kind and good looking. One thing that I noticed that was different than Thailand was that the people would stare at me because of my height and size whereas the Thai do not openly do so. They seemed to have a simple yet difficult life, but seemed content.

I met a handsome waiter there and asked the owner if that waiter could sit and practice speaking with me for a while and tipped them both. The waiter was such a lovely sweet guy who hugged me when I left (he was straight).

I am happy to see that you treat the people well.  Great karma.

I travel with my BF, and with my best friends, about 50% of the time. The others 50% I spend my time in Thailand (and now Cambodia), and consider it traveling alone. But I do pick up company along the way, so I guess I'm not really alone for long. My companions give and teach me so much more than the paltry tip I give them in return. My money reserves gets filled back up every two weeks, but once-in-a-lifetime experiences are always harder to come by.

I thought my karma was not too good at the beginning of my trip, but once that was over, I think karma has smiled back at me.

that sounds very expensive, or rather sounds like buying a brand new one. Why not buy a decent 2nd hand one? I bought mine for only 24k Baht or roughly $700, 3 years old with 15k km (about 10k miles) on it. Been driving it for a year with no problems whatsoever. That way he could get started much sooner. Buying brand new is a waste of money IMO.

Hmmm, off someone in SR... it seemed it would be a romantic last night with CB.... but we shall see in the (as always) highly anticipated next instalment :-)

I guess from the price he is looking to buy a new one. I am not sure what his rationale is to buy an expensive one. I asked him just now on Line and will let you know what he says. I looked online and saw some used motorbikes going for $800 or so in PP, so it is possible to get a used one for a price similar to what you got.

CB knows me well. He knows I appreciate the romantic time together, as well as the thrill of having sex with a new sexy boy. He tried to give both on this last night. Was he successful? I guess you will find out on the next post.

Ha! I didn't mean to encourage you to slow down, please keep it up. :)

Regarding the motorbike, much like a fancy mobile phone among many young people around here, it also serves as a status symbol. You've said he and his family used to be very poor, so being able to buy a brand spanking new motorbike instead of some rusty secondhand hovel will be seen as quite an accomplishment.

So while I personally also feel tempted to say it would be wiser to buy a $700 moto and save the remaining money in the bank, I realize that it's unlikely to happen.

That's not at all limited to moneyboys, by the way. Among my Thai colleagues whose salary is significantly lower than mine, it's very common to buy the latest gadgets or cars they cannot really afford, without much of a thought given to the monthly payments that keep piling up. I probably have the cheapest phone among my colleagues and use it twice as long as anyone else before buying the next one.