Jasper

Dream Boys Bangkok Last Night

I agree that pleasure we get from them is worth more that few additional hundred but those requests seem to escalate. This is not specific to Thai boys but it seems is universal whenever we extend helping hand. 

It's why my policy in respect of Thai boys is to pay them generously for their  time spent with me but no exchanges of any contacts / Line , facebook , phone , e-mail etc /.

I agree with you.  There is enough deception in this world to make the kindest soul cynical.  But... what about the requests for help that are genuine?  

My best solution for this is to be a liberal progressive. I am in favor if big government giving big help with social programs.  I am fully aware of the ills of bureaucracy, inefficiency, favoritism, but I prefer these to charity fraud.  In countries with institutionalized corruption I don't mind closing my eyes and helping individuals who ask for it,  but in the US I don't like to give one dollar beyond my taxes, which are plenty.  And I fight as I can the nauseating conservative ideology that everyone should fend for himself. 

I don't even thought of deception. Often people find easier to ask for help than to look for solutions how to fix problem  within their means and abilities. This is an attitude which often prevents us from extending helping hand when need is genuine.

I agree that it's better to err on side of generosity but at times it must be limit. It's why I like to pay over the odds but draw the line after pocket is sealed with velcro again. 

An ideology that everyone should fend for themselves is good  for an animal world , not for human race. It's easy to advocate that if one is  strong and able but sometimes one false step and we can be neither.

Guest Promsak

As far as I can see, nobody goes hungry in Thailand.

If they really run out of money it's mismanagement or misappropriation (spending money that should be used for food or rent on booze, cigarettes, drugs, taxi rides instead of walking or bus), not poverty.

You really have to learn a lot about Thailand and Thai people and their attitudes to life.

Funny that you mentioned animal world vinapu, since if you go to parks or tourist area where there are animals around, for example temples where monkeys lived, u can see multiple signs that prohibit us from feeding those animals, mostly to protect them from being dependent on tourist for food instead of finding the food on their own. So similarly, i go with that principle for human too, gives them something for doing nothing, and theyll come back for more, and do it frequently enough, theyll be too dependent on that easy way to get money

So similarly, i go with that principle for human too, gives them something for doing nothing, and theyll come back for more, and do it frequently enough, theyll be too dependent on that easy way to get money

Oops... I may be getting something for doing nothing...  over 15 years receiving pension from work and then later the government's social security payments...  and I don't even have to go for more, it is deposited monthly in my accounts... I must be a privileged animal!

Funny that you mentioned animal world vinapu, since if you go to parks or tourist area where there are animals around, for example temples where monkeys lived, u can see multiple signs that prohibit us from feeding those animals, mostly to protect them from being dependent on tourist for food instead of finding the food on their own. 

you may be correct but I think 'no feeding animals' signs are more to protect animals from idiots feeding them human food they can't digest like cookies or chewing gum not to mention sadistic types feeding them nails etc.

Not necessarily. You might be paid for doing nothing in retirement, but if he has worked (which he states) then he must have paid taxes which fund his state pension, and even if his work pension was non-contributory, it will have formed part of his remuneration.

Nothing is free in this life Vinapu!

Not necessarily. You might be paid for doing nothing in retirement, but if he has worked (which he states) then he must have paid taxes which fund his state pension, and even if his work pension was non-contributory, it will have formed part of his remuneration.

Nothing is free in this life Vinapu!

what I meant is old saying ;" how many people are working in this building? about half "

Guest abang1961

Sorry I will never pay THB 500 to enter this place....

It's time to boycott such establishments who over-charge ..

Not every one is a newbie or fresh off the flight from China ...

3c17e53ea5b808c9c0d896011e76d1c27b4b5042

Actually I have yet to visit such bars in the past 10 years...the increment in such bar prices is NOW the 2nd deterrent factor...

use to be smoke ...

Just to clarify I "liked" Jaspers post because of the picture of the entrance.

Often when I visit Soi Twilight after a pitcher of Kamakazis @ Balcony so even after

many trips to TH I can't remember the actual names of specific bars I visited for yet another drink.

If I am on holiday after a couple of years working and on my first full night in Bangkok

a visit to a historic "temple" for 500bT plus a drink and a needed trip to the restroom on the way back to the hotel still sounds like a bargain- with a show thrown in for free.

drink price on Sunday was 550 THB. I was the only farang there. I think of the price as the cost of a cover charge for a big show with a drink as a bonus. After seeing the show, not sure this theory of my will get me there again.

drink price on Sunday was 550 THB. I was the only farang there. I think of the price as the cost of a cover charge for a big show with a drink as a bonus. After seeing the show, not sure this theory of my will get me there again.

for that price you got a drink and got to see not only a bunch of hot guys

but also a piece of history that may never be repeated- soon to be lost.

Be glad you went- I encourage people to go before it's gone.

A little hard for some to tip the waiter on top of that but they could use a bit (50?) also.

To buy a boy a drink - he would have to be a stunner.

Think I liked the other upstairs bar for that. can't remember the name of the bar for sure.

Just to be clear I wasn’t trying to start a pile on ggobkk. Actually I am fortunate to have met him and know he has a simpatico view towards the bars. Rather I was responding to these nonsensical things like boycotting.

It’s fair to comment that maybe you didn’t like show. Or gee the drinks are expensive. That’s of course valid observation. But it’s just nonsense to suggest that somehow dreamboys is outrageous or hurting soi twilight. It does a good business and is an anchor for soi twilight and attracts and retains some great guys.

Btw the upstairs bars would be x-size or hot male.

I agree that Dreamboys helps to channel traffic into Soi Twilight. But being mindful of the long-term competition posed by Jupiter in Soi 4, perhaps the Dreamboys management might consider lowering their prices? Lol

I personally prefer X Boys and Screwboys. Because my favourite boys are from there!

I agree that dreamboys is definitely the top of the crop amongs gogo boy, which also the reason that they have a reat selectiln of good looking boy in their line up. They even have some boy only go out with girls only, not sure if its true or not but thats what i heard. Not surprise if its true. Im frugal with my spending too, but i still went to dreamboys to find the one boy, then afterwards, u can get his contact and can bypass the bar on your repeat off. If getting their entrance price down will bring down the quality of boys selection, id rather not have that

DivineMadMan, I didn’t read your comment as a piling on...as we’ve discussed face to face I’m comfortable with a cover charge for a big well populated show and that’s definitely a description of Dreamboys. I’ll pay the going rate next year to se the line up.

There was more going of the night I went between some of the customers and the boys and the working of the “off” process. While the world will have to wait for my trip report, it was These interactions that caused my giving the impression I might no return to Dreamboys.