vinapu

Man hunting among ruins - December 2016 trip to Cambodia and Thailand

It becomes rather difficult to make it one time if you keep returning to the same bar. Boys talk. Overpay one and they all expect it.

it is logic and to some extend works that way but I gladly need to state that it's far from universal.

This was not a first time when Tawan boys tried to up their tip from me but I offed so many of them and quite a few took what i offered without even blinking an eye and saying that this or that boy got more from me. I think greed is taking better of some but not all. Good example is Od #14  , offed at least 8 times and I never had any conversation about money with him. 

What I will suggest is excessive inducements to take credit cards are an irrational offer on the part of the banks & will not be around for ever. No doubt someone has made a "strategic" decision to chase market share. When they find too many customers milk the system & are not profitable, the deals stop.

These offers are almost exclusively provided by banks to customers in the USA. The offers have been around for many years, each gives you a ton of miles for minimal guaranteed expenditure, you can close the card account after about a year, and theres absolutely no reason why they should stop any time soon. US citizens can also get the same sort of deals with cards associated with hotel chains. Those outside the US can only look on with envy!

I suspect that the boys at Tawan have talked among themselves and now have your "off" number and preference requirements on the staff bulletin board as well as their phones.

they can have it and keep till my next appearance there as  my visit on the first night was my only one this trip.

After the deterioration & demise of the Om Yim, the Baan Silom became my preferred hotel. However, this year it was full, so I tried the Nantra.

This was cheaper at just over 1000 a night. At that price point, it's an excellent choice with nice rooms,...

Anyway, Vinapu is making a good choice with the hotel.

I agree and credit xiluzer from this forum for introducing this hotel to me.

Like you,  I liked Om Yim as long as toilets were flushing there but at one point maintenance there became a serious problem  

I saw the Nantra Silom on Priceline for 20 dollars (!) for the standard room at beginning of January.

Free cancellation available, free internet...

At that price, should one expect also free bed bugs ?   :)

never saw any insects there and only problem I ever had at Nantra was refrigerator smelling durian once.

20$ room they call 'economy' and has single bed and no window, good enough for twink lovers but for me being fan of bigger men single bed is bit too narrow

There you go again with that Self Esteem BS. HeHe.    I pay far less to stay at Hilton Sukhumvit then your budget hotels.  Sometimes free with points and sometimes as high as 1300 baht plus much reduced  number of points.  In any case way less then you pay at Raya sometimes and many times FREE!!

now I feel diminished to a point of almost of non-existence. I guess you must have golden tooth or two as well, no?

I just did a search on this for UK credit cards. If I spend £65,000, I can get a "free" economy flights to Shanghai.

Maybe it's just the US credit card companies that will take a massive loss on perks just to get new customers in.

Z909 Read the www.headforpoints.com blog which is UK based and posts daily. Follow their advice and you will soon accumulate substantial numbers of points. Good luck.

So do you think we should specify the end time for long time off? Say i need him to be with me until 10am for example. Will that work?

not necessary, do not try to spoil your fun by watching clock but I generally tell them that long time is till breakfast and I'm not a late sleeper.

If for whatever reason you want boy to stay till 10 I'd clear it with him as he may have daytime commitments  i.e. taking kids to a school. 

I didn't take the cheapest room at Nantra, but what I had came with a comfortable double bed, large widows, safe, bathroom, wifi & desk. The rooms were modern. The cleaning could have been more thorough, but it was satisfactory.

never saw any insects there and only problem I ever had at Nantra was refrigerator smelling durian once.

20$ room they call 'economy' and has single bed and no window, good enough for twink lovers but for me being fan of bigger men single bed is bit too narrow

Vinapu..if you take the economy room with single bed than you cannot bring any guest to your rooms..they will charge you..

When I am just a 2 hour flight away and had USED and STAYED in various aforesaid hotels, I am hesitant to read review places based on hear-say basis.  If one chooses to be bias, only the heavenly powers can intervene!

That the Heavenly Powers intervene and give you their blessings !!!

If anyone cares to learn rather then tell me I don't know what I am talking about here is a link to 1 Blog, and you have to go backwards and keep reading past issues.

http://millionmilesecrets.com

Not much useful information there.

It is all a jumbo mumbo of offerings of points when opening a credit card or other dancing around.  I did some of this, got some points, but all the juggling one has to do gets tiring and boring.  And one has to do much travel, spend, stay at fancy hotels, etc. etc. 

At least he wrote "Twink" capitalized. So it should be. 

Vinapu, you must have realized that less can be more.  

I believe spelling check does that capitalization but nothing wrong with that for twinks fan like firecat.

As for me it was rather case of ' if you don't  see what you like , you  better like  what you see' , most important I was pretty happy with my choice and this is what counts here. If you are happy with my choice as well , even better.