vinapu

Man hunting among ruins - December 2016 trip to Cambodia and Thailand

One think that was missing was some pictures of the people you came across in your travels - particularly the cute guys.

I had to imagine what they looked like as, but sometimes imagination might  not be as good as reality. A photo would have  been nice.

All the photos in your account added a lot to it, but I don't think there was a human in any of them.

I understand and I have  plenty such voices after all my trips wherever they were.

Generally speaking I take very little pictures and never with people on them unless they ask or find their way to a picture by accident.

I know I should since I don't have pictures of boys you mention even for my own consumption so to speak. But this is me.

Few times I took pictures of or with boys on their initiative, some I still have them but  would never show/post them without their consent which I'm not even looking for. So for example world will not see Barcode boy at Preah Khan where I took several pictures at his request, sent to him  already. If he posts them somewhere I have no problem with it but I don't.

All this idiosyncrasy has actually nothing to do with maintaining privacy as most would suspect.

I simply think that instead of admiring beauty of people or nature we spent too much time and energy taking pictures of them.

Weird?, No?

Yes you can and if you ask there's always danger I will answer so be prepared for a bit of boring numerical post.

total about 11500 = 320 USD

fun = priceless

Having said I budgeted 10k a day there were days when I went to 12k or so. 

Having said that, I think your manage your money better than me in that you seems to have had more 'fun' for your money than perhaps I do - although at almost 63 I am probably a fair bit older than you by the sounds of things.

All I can say is 'well played sir!', 'very well played!'.

To make decisions on purchases or other things to do I have developed a technique based on the rationale you outlined: I will consult my future self and ask "will I regret not buying/doing this in the future if I don't do it right now?" If the answer is yes, I do it, if no I don't and if the answer is "I'm not sure", then that tends to suggest a "no"

This is very wise of you and vinapu.  

I have lived most of my life in the "deferred compensation" mode, always working for a "future".  Now I look back at the past 10+ years I have been traveling SE Asia and having much fun, and ... I am proud of having done it!   Those who will inherit me make already good money, and we don't take anything with us.   I still don't spend much, but I'm working on it.

Generally speaking my strategy is to spent as little as possible on the maintenance - hence fying in economy, sleeping in 30$, not 130 $ hotels and eating rather bland food in ordinary places and only food treat I succumb to lavishly is ice cream from 7/11 for 17 baht.

You not that much older Vessey , today is last day I'm 61, LOL

You are my role model and peer!  I also spend very little on maintenance and I couldn't care less about luxury. I fly economy, stay in my favorite Babylon in their cheapest rooms, stay away from fancy food and I only care that food is healthy, not "special". (this puts me in a bind when people ask me about the food in places I visit...).  I have discovered that ice cream is not unhealthy and I eat good quantities of it at home, not so much on the road because I have no ways to keep it frozen.

Today is last day?  You must have been one of these babies that arrive with the new year.  

This is very wise of you and vinapu.  

I have lived most of my life in the "deferred compensation" mode, always working for a "future".  Now I look back at the past 10+ years I have been traveling SE Asia and having much fun, and ... I am proud of having done it!   Those who will inherit me make already good money, and we don't take anything with us.   I still don't spend much, but I'm working on it.

There's nothing wrong with thinking about future and working hard to have it secured. In fact this is what every prudent person should do.

But we need to find point of balance remembering that we have only one life to live.

Mortgaging future for today's pleasures is outright stupid but so is working always for tomorrow only. 

We may be working hard for years  for that dream house , dream trip or set of teeth implant only to discover that when time comes  to acquire it  doesn't make us happy anymore.

Small apartment is big enough, travelling is a chore not pleasure and there are no more friends to flash that newly acquired smile to.

As long as we leave enough money to bury us without cost to our loved ones inheritance should not be a concern at all unless one has dependent who is disabled and wants to secure his future when we are gone.

Of course all this depends of our own comfort zone. 

This of course doesn't only apply to things to buy, but any kind of activity. To make decisions on purchases or other things to do I have developed a technique based on the rationale you outlined: I will consult my future self and ask "will I regret not buying/doing this in the future if I don't do it right now?" If the answer is yes, I do it, if no I don't and if the answer is "I'm not sure", then that tends to suggest a "no"

agreed.

Good idea if possible is to sleep with a problem. Trinket we need to have now may not look as attractive tomorrow morning.

It may be harder with that boy flashing smile from the stage sporting bulge dreams are made of. With enough of time even that may be advisable.

In fact he may appreciate us returning for him even more. I could see on this trip when I came down to tell Copa massage boy I want massage as promised yesterday. I was visibly very appreciative smile  he sported.

Today is last day?  You must have been one of these babies that arrive with the new year.  

no , that's the case with all of us, in fact those in Thailand are already there.

I'm thinking year number.

Whether  we like or not on New Yer Day we are becoming  1 year older , some ready for senior discount on public transport or additional tax relief.  Younger people may be subject of mandatory schooling or military service, others  may have their first legal drink of  a fuck for that matter.

All depending of laws of our jurisdiction.

Excellent trip report, Vinapu! I rememeber seeing Mekhin when I visited Jupiter last March. Glad to find out that he is professional. I was also intimidated by his presence when i saw him. Now will be willing to at the very least invite him for drink and chat when i go again (tentatively March). I just hope he doesn't get taken away quickly!

I just hope he doesn't get taken away quickly!

come to the bar early like 9.30 for chance of good viewing spot and secure time to chat.

On my first night there this trip he was available almost till end when young Asian snatched him because of my lengthy deliberations.

He is not offed every night , I asked him. And this is  a case in every bar, sometimes most popular boys are going home empty handed.

I hope somebody will off #20 , 42 and 47 and reports as those are my "men of interest" for time being 

I understand and I have  plenty such voices after all my trips wherever they were.

Generally speaking I take very little pictures and never with people on them unless they ask or find their way to a picture by accident.

I know I should since I don't have pictures of boys you mention even for my own consumption so to speak. But this is me.

Few times I took pictures of or with boys on their initiative, some I still have them but  would never show/post them without their consent which I'm not even looking for. So for example world will not see Barcode boy at Preah Khan where I took several pictures at his request, sent to him  already. If he posts them somewhere I have no problem with it but I don't.

All this idiosyncrasy has actually nothing to do with maintaining privacy as most would suspect.

I simply think that instead of admiring beauty of people or nature we spent too much time and energy taking pictures of them.

Weird?, No?

I think that is the correct approach simply because allowing someone to take your photo is one thing, giving them permission to post on the internet, indicating that you work in the sex industry, is a different thing entirely.

Vinapu says :   I simply think that instead of admiring beauty of people or nature we spent too much time and energy taking pictures of them.

Weird?, No?

I'm trying to wrap my head around this statement from the most prolific poster of other peoples photos on this Forum.  Something we all benefit from . He He.

Happy New Year Vinapu!

Vinapu says :   I simply think that instead of admiring beauty of people or nature we spent too much time and energy taking pictures of them.

Weird?, No?

I'm trying to wrap my head around this statement from the most prolific poster of other peoples photos on this Forum.  Something we all benefit from . He He.

Happy New Year Vinapu!

Happy New Year to you too !

as for question , it's easy. I don't spent any time taking pictures I'm posting in model thread, they are all recycled from internet so job done already by somebody else.

please note that in my post at  no time I was critical of others taking and  posting  photos of anything or anybody. I simply stated I consider it poor use of my  time as far as I 'm concerned.

I know people who are taking hundreds pictures a day on their trips, I wonder if they have a time of noticing what they actually see,  that's all

I understand what you are saying and was not accusing you of anything. But you do spend a lot of time admiring photos that others have taken and reposting them. 

Luckily for you and us , many enjoy taking photos not only of boys but all the photos that eventually encourage us to visit all the places that we do.  I'm quite sure some of those travels never would have happened if we were not enticed at least in some part by photos that others have taken.

I used to be very stingy in spending, to a point that i would spend a lot of time before buying big ticket items, so i wont regret buying them and they will last for a while. In my early 30s now, i think i am doing quite well with my finance, and minor health problem in 2015 does make me realized that all the money i saved will be useless if i didnt get to spend them. Needless to say, i am still not a big spender on things, but i am less calculative when budgeting for my travelling. I am blessed that i have yet to feel not having enough money at the end of the month to buy food, nor have i had to save money to buy what i want, which is thanks to me being a natural saver lol. The rest of my family spend all they have when they have them and worry later.

I know people who are taking hundreds pictures a day on their trips, I wonder if they have a time of noticing what they actually see,  that's all

I also prefer to take pictures with my eyes and store them in my brain rather than using a camera.  And I'm thankful that capturing pictures with the smartphone with everything in automatic only takes a second.  I take pleasure in seeing, feeling the colors, but to frame all that into a shot I find fastidious, even if it could not be easier today.

Vinapu - may 2017 be a sublime year for you (and the others on this forum).  I have learned much from your postings, today's being the use of separate pockets as a budgeting tool.  I appreciate how you consider the boys/men you off which sets a positive example.  I think there must be one more post coming; but, also, think in the style of Numazu, your Mekhin rendezvous report is fine.  Happy going forward

Needless to say, i am still not a big spender on things, but i am less calculative when budgeting for my travelling. 

That is the key, not to look for bargains but learning how to restrain ourselves from buying things at end of day we really don't need at all.

Best way to save money on Black Friday , biggest shopping day in USA is to avoid shopping at all that day

Luckily for you and us , many enjoy taking ......... photos that eventually encourage us to visit all the places that we do.  I'm quite sure some of those travels never would have happened if we were not enticed at least in some part by photos that others have taken.

this was exactly reason I posted all those pictures taken in remote Cambodian temples so readers can see there's a lot to admire outside of regular tour circuit

Vinapu - may 2017 be a sublime year for you (and the others on this forum).  I have learned much from your postings, today's being the use of separate pockets as a budgeting tool.  I appreciate how you consider the boys/men you off which sets a positive example.  I think there must be one more post coming; but, also, think in the style of Numazu, your Mekhin rendezvous report is fine.  Happy going forward

Thank you very much. I'm glad to learn that my posts can be useful other than just killing time reading them.

In bar environment when we a bit excited and not always exactly sober having money distributed in various pockets helps not only with controlling spending but also prevents spillage out  of wad  on banknotes too thick.

Having lots of  change also helps  to prevent overtipping as well as situations when we are waiting for a change which never will come - like me on my Jupiter visit on day 13.

If one treats boys well and with dose of respect they tend to appreciate it  and  repay with the same. Considering I tend to off long time this is even more important as spending 8 hours with grumpy boy whose only dream is to get out ASAP is a disaster recipe. 

But I'm not naive and cross them out fast if I sense  they may be taking an advantage of situation. No reason to create a scenes but it helps to remember that there's plenty fish in the sea, lesson I re-learned this trip.

Mekhin part of report was longer then usual due to anticipated demand , he is truly well known and popular.

Also some may be hesitant to take him due to all that fame expecting primadonna-like behavior which   is not a case at all. So report it's my part of community service I guess.

Yes , you guessed right, it will be one more day to report, hopefully today if I find the time so watch this space. 

"I rather stand in the aisle all those 18 hours and spend money saved on the boys. Wouldn't reject upgrade though but so far never happened."

When I was young like you, I did that.  But at my advanced age now, I would spend my vacation time recovering from the flight!!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and thought out posts.  I read them with great anticipation.  You and Divine Madam and several others contribute so much to this board.  It is a great service to us all.  May 2017 bring you much more fun and many more boys!! :p