Guest Yngcouple

1st trip to Thailand

Guest Yngcouple

Hey everyone, first post here... Me and my partner are planning our first trip to Thailand for mid May-mid June. We already have all of our accommodations booked, and can't wait to get there and experience all of the culture, food, and of course the boys. We are a younger couple, 26 and 29, and I was just wondering how the atmosphere will be during our time there. I know that this time is the off season as far as tourism, but will there still be bars with boys to see? Also, any tips on what to do and see are much appreciated.

Hey everyone, first post here... Me and my partner are planning our first trip to Thailand for mid May-mid June.  I know that this time is the off season as far as tourism, but will there still be bars with boys to see? 

in both 2015 and 2016 I was in Bangkok and Pattaya twice , in the beginning of June and beginning of December and difference between two  boys wise  was very cosmetic, no shortage of them in either time.

As baobao said be prepared for rain but certainly not as much as to ruin your vacations but it may rain from time to time for 1-2 hours

Don't worry too much about the rain. Yes it may rain, and yes it will  be hot, but the actual rainy season "officially" starts only in July. And besides, even in the rainy season "rain" doesn't mean you get completely rainy days as you get in, say, Europe or North America (where are you guys from?), but what happens is you get a major downpour for usually no more than 1 hour, then it goes away and all is fine again. The "major" in major downpour, though, means major to the point where you actually can't go outside at all (unless you don't mind to get as wet as when sitting in a bathtub) and no umbrella will be of any help at all. Just have to wait it out somewhere inside, which isn't too bad as the "major" part probably won't last more than 30-60 minutes.

Anyway, as for boys and stuff, first of all you need to distinguish between two different gay scenes - the commercial sex scene mostly being about go-go bars in Soi Twilight and gay massage parlors, which this forum mostly revolves around, and the regular non-money gay scene where tourists and normal local guys hang out just for fun. For the farang (Thai for western foreigner) that mostly consists of two venues not far from each other:

Silom Soi 4 with many gay bars, most with outdoor seating and a generally relaxed atmosphere, great for people watching. 

Silom Soi 2 which is actually not much of a real "soi" (soi = Thai for smaller street or alley), but more like a semi-open  space between two buildings, and which is home to more late night bars and the famous DJ Station gay night club. DJ, as it is commonly referred to, is a fun place with lots of eye candy and lots of opportunities to pick up local boys who are into farang. 

For extensive information about all sorts of gay venues (from hotels to saunas to massages to bars&clubs) I'd recommend you check out www.travelgayasia.com

what Anddy wrote +1

Also, a young couple would I am sure be welcome at the more "Thai" clubs.  They can be a lot of fun and a good chance to experience the young thai gay scene not aimed at tourist crowd.  Fake Club and Celebrity Club seem to be popular right now.  

https://www.facebook.com/fakeclubthenextgen/     https://www.facebook.com/CelebrityClubBKK/?fref=ts  

If armed with earplugs and even a smidgen of adventurous spirit you guys might also consider going to a mixed "Dancing Isaan" club in Bangkok.  Everyone is super friendly and a lot of fun.  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tamnan-Kon-E-San/247241815309474

Loads of interesting young Asian men on Hornet and Grindr if you are not into the noisy bar scene. At your ages you could likely attract nice attractive guys for little or no cost. On hornet you can search any neighborhood in Thailand from your own country, a very nice feature of that site.

Also don't forget the famous infamous Babylon sauna. At off season there will likely be more Asian men there than Caucasians, unlike now at the high season. Babylon, in the unlikely chance you don't know already, is world famous; it has a pool, well equipped gym, massage (non-sexual), a restaurant, and entertainment that's not bad. And of course, loads of places to roam for sex.

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Guest ryanasia

Be prepared for the most part to pay for sex like anybody else does. I was a young man my first time in Thailand and it can work against you as they think you don't have money. As the others have said online hook ups are an alternative but Thailand is very much a pay to play culture.

Guest ryanasia

If you think you are going to get a discount because there are two of you, then you will be disappointed. You will pay more for a three way. It also depends on how fussy you are. If you want the best boys they will not go for free irrespective of your looks and certainly not with two people.

Guest Yngcouple

Thanks for all the tips so far. We are from the Houston, Texas area, so we are no strangers to hot, humid, and rainy weather. Hell it's in the 70s now and January 1st... We are mostly going to experience the food, and just be immersed in a different culture, but of course we would love to have some occasional fun as well. 

We do intend to check out Babylon while we are there. May not be our scene, but can't miss out on the chance to see what it's all about. I wasn't expecting to get a "discount" because there are two of us. We may see about bringing someone home, but mostly we are just there for the experience. If something comes of it great... if not we will still have a great time I'm sure.

I'm sure, if we enjoy ourselves like I think we will, this will be the first of many trips in the future, so no need to do everything the first time.

Be prepared for the most part to pay for sex like anybody else does. I was a young man my first time in Thailand and it can work against you as they think you don't have money. As the others have said online hook ups are an alternative but Thailand is very much a pay to play culture.

Excuse me? Pay for play culture? Pay for sex like anybody else does? Who exactly is that "anybody else"?

In the 16 years since I came to Thailand the first time I had so much sex NOT for pay, and indeed the vast majority of my sexual encounters were non-paid. It is so easy to pick up Thai guys who are into farangs at DJ Station if you're not too old and decent looking. While I choose to pay for sexual services (almost always massages with HE) sometimes, by no means is that compulsory as your post implies. In fact, many of the normal guys you can meet here are or would be offended if offering them money for sex. As always, there may be a gray area with blurry lines either side, but money boys are as much a minority of the general population as they are anywhere else. To extrapolate from the ready availability of pay for play services to the existence of such a "culture" is simply not a valid conclusion.

Not sure I understood your post correctly, as you live here like I do and know a thing or two, but the post is certainly misleading to newbies like the OP in my opinion.

Start an account on PlanetRomeo and set your location to Bangkok Thailand. That way you can get to talk to some of the guys in Thailand before the both of you arrive.

that's a good idea, too, planetromeo is pretty widely used here, too along with the newer app-based sites hornet and jack'd (grindr has too many farangs in there for my taste lol)

Excuse me? Pay for play culture? Pay for sex like anybody else does? Who exactly is that "anybody else"?

In the 16 years since I came to Thailand the first time I had so much sex NOT for pay, and indeed the vast majority of my sexual encounters were non-paid. It is so easy to pick up Thai guys who are into farangs at DJ Station if you're not too old and decent looking. While I choose to pay for sexual services (almost always massages with HE) sometimes, by no means is that compulsory as your post implies. In fact, many of the normal guys you can meet here are or would be offended if offering them money for sex. As always, there may be a gray area with blurry lines either side, but money boys are as much a minority of the general population as they are anywhere else. To extrapolate from the ready availability of pay for play services to the existence of such a "culture" is simply not a valid conclusion.

Not sure I understood your post correctly, as you live here like I do and know a thing or two, but the post is certainly misleading to newbies like the OP in my opinion.

We are mostly going to experience the food,............

I'm sure, if we enjoy ourselves like I think we will, 

you are planning to suffer 18 hrs. in the sliver tube to have a chance of trying Thai food, fabulous as she is?

Nevertheless  you will have a ball whatever you decide to do and before you board your plane on  return you will be missing Thailand already like most of us are

The idea of visiting Thailand to savor the food never occurred to me. 

As for pay to play, well that is an option you should not dismiss simply because you are young. Just going to a go-go bar will cost you money and the same as for a massage. Best to have an open mind and open wallet and enjoy whatever cums your way.

Of course if you are coming here on a free flight and free accommodations and will be given free food then understandable that free sex would be expected.  ;)

I agree completely with anddy as this is also my experience. I am surprised at ryanasia's post here, as I usually find his thoughts to be very sound. But his idea that everyone pays to play is completly wrong. I have been to Thailand every year since 1990. Most of the sex I had was at Babylon, some just from meeting guys on the street, almost never from a bar or money boy scene. Throughout my fifties, every year I went back to Babylon wondering if this would be the year I would finally have to give up the free sex scene and start paying. Every year I smiled smugly and said to self, "Nope, not this year."

Now that I'm 66 I'm finally crossing over to the pay for play world, but even now, not always. There are thousands of attractive men here in Bangkok who are happy to play without bing paid. This would especially be true for the OPs, as they are in their twenties for God sake. I am disappointed that ryanasia's post continues the sterotype that sex in Thailand is all about money. It isn't.

I have been paying for sex for the past 20 years and enjoying it. Before that there was no sex!  All depends what you are into and accustomed to.

From my observations , here in Pattaya, over the past 17 years it is all about money, money and money. So I am in agreement with Ryan based on my experiences. 

Sorry, if I want sex without paying I can do that the rest of the year at home. Could I get free sex in Thailand? Probably. It's just not why I go there. My LOS trips are my 3 weeks or so a year when I can pay for great massage and great sex at any time, day or night. Mix that with the fun, food, drink and sun and it's a mix I'm happy to pay for.

as always, everywhere in the world, free sex comes with all the hassle of finding the right person at the right time and both person wanting the same thing. Pay sex however is all about the one who pay lol its totally different and less effort, except for the money. I am an avid massage enthusiast, so free massage and sex is totally impossible. Unless u are really look like a model with gorgeous body.

I have been paying for sex for the past 20 years and enjoying it. Before that there was no sex!  All depends what you are into and accustomed to.

From my observations , here in Pattaya, over the past 17 years it is all about money, money and money. So I am in agreement with Ryan based on my experiences. 

well in Pattaya it seems obvious to me that it is like that. But elsewhere, clearly not.

To maybe clarify my own post: there is nothing wrong with pay for play, there may be a multitude of reasons - be it that you have to because of age and/or looks, or that you just happen to like the idea of it and getting a kick out of it, or simply to avoid the hassle of searching for the free variety as spoon pointed out. All those reasons are valid, and like I said I do it too, mostly for massages in my case.

What I was opposing is the notion that EVERYONE has to pay for play, and that there is play ONLY for pay. Simply not true. I agree with faranglaw on his take on ryan's post saying that "I am surprised at ryanasia's post here, as I usually find his thoughts to be very sound."

Well I guess for tourists who don't want to waste time "dating", going the P4P way sounds quite appealing.

But it's no requirement whatsoever. From when I first visited Thailand (at age 28) over moving to Bangkok to this very day (at age 41), I've always been able to find both locals and visitors who simply want to have fun.

Different rules apply, obviously, and both P4P and free sex come with certain ups and downs, but I cannot agree that there's a prevailing "P4P Culture" in the sense that that's the only realistic way of having sex with hot guys here. If anything, it's a subculture, for particular groups (sex tourists, sexpats, local sugar daddies vs. poor farm boys, college boys looking for a more luxurious lifestyle, etc.).

But it's no requirement whatsoever. From when I first visited Thailand (at age 28) over moving to Bangkok to this very day (at age 41), I've always been able to find both locals and visitors who simply want to have fun.

How much Alexx? I have done some 41 yo's or will you do it for free? Will 1000 Baht tempt you?

Guest samebb

I have to agree here.

I have only been living here just over 3 weeks and yet.. I have only paid for fun once... my second day here!

Sure, I am only 28, but I am a slightly bigger guy so not "HOT".... I have also put off going to DJ Station despite 3 invites now. 

I have however met 2 normal Thai boys. One is a student, from a middle class family (19 years old).. and the other works in MOK Burger AND sells clothes for extra money (20 years old).

I refuse to believe Thailand is a only a "pay to play" culture.. Because in my limited experience that is certainly not the case. The most I have done I paid for dinner, and a taxi. The MOK burger guys has bought me beers! (student doesn't drink).... 

As a message to the OP..... You will love Thailand. Would be happy to grab a beer with you guys when you are here!

Thanks!

that's a good idea, too, planetromeo is pretty widely used here, too along with the newer app-based sites hornet and jack'd (grindr has too many farangs in there for my taste lol)

How much Alexx? I have done some 41 yo's or will you do it for free? Will 1000 Baht tempt you?

Quite easy to answer that question! It's free if I consider you sexy, but would cost you significantly more than 1000 baht if not. I believe almost everyone can be tempted for the right amount, just what that amount might be does vary quite a bit. Not that I think anyone would actually pay my asking price... ;)