musgrave

Clarification

Seeking clarification of the use of the words "man" and "gay" as used in the LOS.

A couple of my friends have said they are "man only" not "gay" - which left me slightly confused after spending enjoyable interaction with them - and when I told them I was gay they looked more confused than me!!

Also noticed that a couple of the profiles on Hornet state that they are "man only" after I told them I was gay.

Does it mean that they are top only???

In the words of a very well known Australian politician - "please explain"

with thanks

I've come to think of it as meaning "man" does not play feminine role.  In the west it would probably be understood as "straight 8" but available.

Have also learned that interaction that follows may vary depending upon circumstances (me, him, incentive).

I found that it's not particularly helpful (for me, anyway) to ask a guy I'm interested in if he's gay.

Seeking clarification of the use of the words "man" and "gay" as used in the LOS...

Does it mean that they are top only???

In the words of a very well known Australian politician - "please explain"

Pauline Henson? Note to Stalker: it means I know how to google, not that I'm really from Queensland! :lol:

"Man" = gay for pay but easier to say and better for their self-pride?

"Man" usually means that they aren't feminine/"sissy". Now, what that means EXACTLY does vary from one "man" to the next. ;)

It often, but not always, implies that they don't bottom - some "manly" bottoms I've met do refer to themselves as "man" as well, however.

"Gay" is often used as a synonym for "sissy", so from that point of view it might be understandable that you get puzzled looks if that doesn't describe you.

AHHH, titles are so confusing...

In the Philippines, the guys say the following

Gay means Fem and usually a Bottom

Bisexual means they are Manly, but not opposed to getting it on with other Men.

they may be a Top or a Bottom

Me, I just say I am Manly Gay...

:good:

Straight Male – A man who likes women.

Straight Female – A woman who likes men.

Lesbian – A woman who likes women.

Kathoey/Ladyboy – A man who identifies and presents as a woman, may be partway through transitioning or have no plans to transition.

Gay King – A gay man who takes the “top” role during sex.

Gay Queen – A gay man who takes the “bottom,” or receiving, role during sex.

Tom – A woman with a masculine identity. They’re commonly paired up with Dees, but they’re also attracted to straight women.

Dee – A woman with feminine identity, who likes manly women, or Toms.

Tom Gay – A Tom who like Dees, straight women and other Toms.

Tom Gay King – A Tom who likes other Toms and takes the “top” role during sex.

Tom Gay Queen – A Tom who likes Toms and takes the “bottom,” or receiving, role during sex.

Tom Gay Two-Way – A Tom who can be both a Tom Gay King or Tom Gay Queen.

Boat – A man who likes women, Gay Kings, and Gay Queens, but does not date Ladyboys.

Byte – A woman who likes Toms, Lesbians, and straight men.

Adam – A man who likes Toms.

Angie – A Kathoey/ Ladyboy who likes Toms.

Cherry – A woman who likes gay men and Kathoey.

Samyan – A woman who likes Toms, lesbians, and straight women, and can also switch to any of the mentioned roles.

แมน (pronounced, unsurprisingly, as "man") is actually a loanword from English in Thai and means "manly" or "masculine". To say man-man, i.e. the doubling of the adjective, is a common feature in Thai as well, typically signifying more emphasis on the meaning of that adjective. So "man" is manly, man-man is VERY manly. Has nothing to to with the sexuality as in straight for heterosexual and gay as in homosexual. It may or may not have implications for the role in anal sex, as has been alluded to in previous posts here.

If you wanna know about the latter, don't ask if they are "gay", ask if they like boys/men (=gay in our vocabulary), girls (=str8) or both (=bi). 

แมน (pronounced, unsurprisingly, as "man") is actually a loanword from English in Thai and means "manly" or "masculine". To say man-man, i.e. the doubling of the adjective, is a common feature in Thai as well, typically signifying more emphasis on the meaning of that adjective. So "man" is manly, man-man is VERY manly. Has nothing to to with the sexuality as in straight for heterosexual and gay as in homosexual. It may or may not have implications for the role in anal sex, as has been alluded to in previous posts here.

If you wanna know about the latter, don't ask if they are "gay", ask if they like boys/men (=gay in our vocabulary), girls (=str8) or both (=bi).

Excellent advise anddy. The use of the word 'gay' is different in Thailand.

For example, calling Boyzboyzboyz a gay bar. It's a Boy bar but older farangs are accustomed to using gay bar for

bars that cater to gay men. Older gay farang make up a small minority of the customer base now and it's not a gay bar.

Of course, asking do you like boys or girls doesn't guarantee an honest answer as many

working boys are able to handle men and women customers, regardless of their sexual preference.

Many will answer what they think the customer wants to hear so they can get offed and make money.

working boys are able to handle men and women customers, regardless of their sexual preference.

It has been reported recently that a muscular handsome gogo boy at Toy Boy Pattaya rejects male customers' offer saying that he services girls only.

I wonder if any forum member have experienced that kind of rejection.

Many will answer what they think the customer wants to hear so they can get offed and make money.

but some are refreshingly honest, one of my most offed Tawan boys when asked , answered bluntly 'I don't like boys but if you happy I happy"

another answer I still smile at recollection, this time by Senso boy is "I like girls but I like your hand too"

It has been reported recently that a muscular handsome gogo boy at Toy Boy Pattaya rejects male customers' offer saying that he services girls only.

I wonder if any forum member have experienced that kind of rejection.

no, but as reported few years ago,  agreed upon Tawan boy rejected me in favor of another customer at very moment when I was paying off fee