reader

BKK Trip Report

Good idea to keep close count of number of drinks you agree to so you and bartender have same count when it's time to settle up. 

I learned that lesson on my first trip and ever since I settle my tab as soon as drink is delivered.

Thank you for  a great report, mixed massage places on Suriwong sound very promising.

Too bad you did not visit  new Jupiter but I guess we can't have it all

All the Suriwong shops were 500 for an hour.  And with the exception of the massage I prematurely ended, always got a full hour of service. Since there are so many in a compact area, it keeps them competitive.

Although I didn't patronize it, Indra massage (opposite Tawan) had a load of guys.  Went there four years ago was not impressed by the experience.  But there's a whole group of new faces there now.

Jupiter will be visited next time. 

Guest samebb

Kfc are refurbishing. Opens again soon.

There are 2 bars after Dicks. The first has no known name. The second is scorpion bar. They are not new. There is a new small outside bar outside the pool hall opposite Dicks. Do you mean here?

Scorpion is a great bar. All types of sexy there. Mostly Myanmar boys!

Nice report. Thanks for posting!

Guest samebb

Myanmar boys in Scorpion? The last years, it was mainly Vietnamese.

They left. 1 vietnam boy works there currently. He is very new. 2 weeks or so. 2 of the old vietnam boys are now workibg in Freshboys. I don't know about the rest.

Guest samebb

They left. 1 vietnam boy works there currently. He is very new. 2 weeks or so. 2 of the old vietnam boys are now workibg in Freshboys. I don't know about the rest.

I should probably add that I spend 2 or 3 nights a week at scorpion. I know most of the boys and the owner pretty well now.

Victory, the boy from Numazus trip report works there.

There are 2 bars after Dicks. The first has no known name. The second is scorpion bar. They are not new. There is a new small outside bar outside the pool hall opposite Dicks. Do you mean here?

Could well be (doing this from memory without notes). 

Encouraging to hear that Myanmar boys can now be found at Scorpion.

I particularly welcome the OP's observation that:

SUPER A, GOLDEN COCK AND NATURE BOYS -- These holes in the wall deserve our support because they represent an alternative to the standard fare. I hope they can hold out.

After far too much time on Soi Twilight, these places came to be my favorites spots to relax, to meet some guys, to have some good conversation, and they will be the first places I hit upon my return next month (August).

We gotta show these places some love, for real!

SUPER A, GOLDEN COCK AND NATURE BOYS -- These holes in the wall deserve our support because they represent an alternative to the standard fare. I hope they can hold out.

Well I hope they survive too, but representing an alternative is not enough to deserve our support.   They have to be pleasant places to visit.

Back in the days when they had those tiny little aprons, Nature Boys used to be quite good fun if there were 1 or 2 cute boys in the mix.  With only about 4 boys, that can be very hit & miss.   On my last visit to the bar, all 4 boys got up and were sat down again playing with their phones before my drink arrived. I countered this lack of effort by making a very swift exit before the drink (& bill) arrived.   I'm damned if I'm going to be paying gogo prices to watch boys play with their phones.  

As for Scorpion, how many of their boys are actually prepared to do anything other than sit in the bar having drinks bought for them ?   

Well I hope they survive too, but representing an alternative is not enough to deserve our support.   ... With only about 4 boys, that can be very hit & miss. 

Agree ... but if we do not support, they could die very soon. As said it is a hit & miss, so I would give them a try risking a miss now and then. I will drink elsewhere anyway, so why not in these bars, considering these prices are still reasonable (150 bht?). When the mood strikes can still have some (full) hands-on fun, which is not (entirely) possible in Soi Twilight bars.

On my last visit to the bar, all 4 boys got up and were sat down again playing with their phones before my drink arrived. I countered this lack of effort by making a very swift exit before the drink (& bill) arrived.   I'm damned if I'm going to be paying gogo prices to watch boys play with their phones. 

I am guessing here so pardon me if I get this wrong. You were not visiting this place for the first couple of times. Perhaps the boys remebered your 'behaviors' last time you did visit (in which case they did not gain meaningfully financially). Hence the reaction to stand up (recognising who is the punter) and go back to phone (let's not bother).

Guest samebb

As for Scorpion, how many of their boys are actually prepared to do anything other than sit in the bar having drinks bought for them ?

3 of the Myanmar boys there don't even drink, they are just looking to be offed. The new straight vietnam boy might not be a winner in the bedroom but the others, one specifically, is a deamon in the sheets.

On my last visit to the bar, all 4 boys got up and were sat down again playing with their phones before my drink arrived. I countered this lack of effort by making a very swift exit before the drink (& bill) arrived. I'm damned if I'm going to be paying gogo prices to watch boys play with their phones.

Bar owner/managers should ban the phones. I walked down the soi at Jomtiem complex at 1130pm last Wednesday night and past Sam sitting with probably the hottest guy in the soi but nearly every other bar boy was sitting down and staring at their phone.

Bar owner/managers should ban the phones. I walked down the soi at Jomtiem complex at 1130pm last Wednesday night and past Sam sitting with probably the hottest guy in the soi but nearly every other bar boy was sitting down and staring at their phone.

while this is annoying I see an advantage as boys can be surveyed quietly without eye contact harrassment, nothing worse that boy you are not interested in smiling at you and piercing you with his eyes as you feel sorry for yourself and the boy at the same time. 

I am guessing here so pardon me if I get this wrong. You were not visiting this place for the first couple of times. Perhaps the boys remebered your 'behaviors' last time you did visit (in which case they did not gain meaningfully financially). Hence the reaction to stand up (recognising who is the punter) and go back to phone (let's not bother).

You have that wrong.    Since they dispensed with the little aprons, I only visit that bar once every 2 or 3 years.  The boys change.  I've even offed from there in the past.  

A much more likely explanation is they read my body language & figured I wasn't interested in any of them, so decided to sit down & play with their phones.  

Which then means I had no reason to wait for the drink to arrive. 

Most of the quiet gogo bars have the decency to give it 2~3 songs when customers arrive.

Guest samebb

Me? Hottest boy? Or another Sam?

Guest samebb

Ahh. Yes. You were the guy grinning at me. Sorry, the hot boy wont be around for a few days. Hes sat in my hotel room with 3 of his friends right now enjoying a drink and some naughyness.

Landing in thailand is much like walking through the doors of an enchanted cottage. At home we may not have it so good but in thailand we have our pick. We also demand that they focus on us or we will choose a different hot guy.

Then we board our planes and it back to real life, back to reality.

3 of the Myanmar boys there don't even drink, they are just looking to be offed. The new straight vietnam boy might not be a winner in the bedroom but the others, one specifically, is a deamon in the sheets.

OH does the Demon have a Name or Number???