spoon

Travelling with gogo boy

Ill add my two cents worth. I only took a gogo boy once out of Thailand for a week more than a decade ago. I had met him twice in the bar, each time took him off, great sex and I enjoyed his company. He was hugely excited at the prospect of travelling overseas. The problems arose after about 2 days. Not his fault - mine! I just found him increasingly less attractive as time wore on. By the last two days we did not even have sex. I was glad when I took him to the airport.

The mistake i made was just not knowing him well enough before becoming infatuated and making the invitation. A few years ago I took my then Thai bf on a similar trip. He was not a commercial sex worker and had never even been inside a gogo bar. We had been together for several months and I just adored the time we spent together overseas. The two experiences could not have been different.

So Id suggest two long time offs is not enough, especially in these days of mobile phones when he will want to communicate with all his mates all day and everyday with selfies taken almost every minute.

You need a flexible plan, firm plans don't work well with Thais :)

Lol. I stand corrected. I meant to say firm plan on my part of the trip. Obviously need to be flexible with the boy but not too flexible that i didnt get my way.

You rather need a plan how you can split at any time without the boy losing face and you losing money (e.g. the boy still wanting off fee and tip for the entire duration of the intended holiday, and a taxi back to his place).

An escape plan? Hmmmm like many said here, a one way ticket back home would do right? And yes you are right that money need to be discussed early on, but it is something that i am not yet comfortable to discuss yet, though i know roughly what would make him says yes, i am not comfortable haggling.

I mean, don't deeply elaborate your plan basing only at one short-term interaction. You don't know his life situation well, some things he told you he could tell you only to please one night customer (I am not saying it's bad, just it could be). Do you chat with him in Line weekly or so?

And to have an escape plan sounds nice - if it is your own country, yes, a ticket back to Thailand and you are OK, but if it is another country you need plan B and plan C what to do by yourself :)

Anyway, it's better to go to Bangkok (just 2 hours!!) and see the guy, than asking us here ;)

Some trips around Bangkok like to Ayuthaya or Old City, will show if you are fine spending time together.

An escape plan, yes. In 2014, I had a boy stay with me for several days while he was looking for work in Bangkok. Then it became clear to me that he is not so much interested in me sexually, but rather in my room (convenient location, aircon, hot shower, free). And that invitation to stay was open-ended, and he showed no signs of leaving, and I couldn't pursue any other activities! So I told him I will go to Udon Thani in two days and he has to find another place. (I really went to Udon Thani, and he was fishing for an invitation to go with me, and I would have invited him if everything had been fine in bed, but then I wouldn't have needed that ruse to get rid of him and could have stayed in Bangkok.)

I've only travelled once with a boy and that was a short trip to Koh Samet only a couple of hours from Pattaya. It was some years ago when I had longer stay of 6 weeks. I rented a condo for a month, staying in the Ambience for the first 2 weeks. After a week,or so sharing my bed with a procession of boys I became attached to one that I offed for several nights. Moving to the condo I decided to settle down and did a deal with the Sunee gogo for him to stay with me for a week. I liked him and enjoyed buying him presents and nice meals - I became his daddy.

Deciding on a trip away from Pats I booked a 3 day to Ko Samet. Beautiful place but it didn't work out - he was bored and I was very conscious of the disapproving looks from other visitors at the bungalow complex and on the beach. We stood out like a sore thumb - me and a 20 year old. I was pleased when the time came to take the ferry and bus back to base. I wouldn't do it again especially if the trip was longer than my short one.

And yes you are right that money need to be discussed early on............I am not comfortable haggling.

you don't need to be , since I always discuss money up front with boys but don't like haggling either you can utilize my approach :

'' how much you want ? '' , " 3000" , " no, I give you  2000" and he is in position of finishing process with last word which can be either yes or no or something in between and then I'm either taking him on his offer / twice this trip to great loss to my treasury but even greater enhancement to quality of my vacations/ or walk away from the deal  

i am not comfortable haggling.

This is quite typical of many westerners visiting countries where haggling is not only common, but the norm in many parts. Yet in our working lives at home we are used to negotiating. Thats precisely what haggling is. So whats the difference, apart from the haggler usually adding a lot more at the outset? Look on it is just a bit of fun.

I was once in a city in another country where I saw a street seller with a pin button I quite liked. He could not speak English and took out his calculator. After a lot of punching and calculating, he showed me the number 5 (less than $1)! I frowned, shook my head and was about to walk away. But I wanted the button. So I turned back, asked for the calculator, did the same length of punching numbers as he had and showed him the number 3. The look on his face was almost tearful - obviously a good actor. So we went through this rather elaborate routine yet again. This time the number was 4. Face saved on both sides, I paid up. I would have happily paid 3 times as much. It was just fun.

U got me wrong, i am south east asian, and not westerners and very familiar with art of haggling when it comes to market. But what i am not comfortable haggling is with the boy that i really like lol, and it might comes off as me being cheap, not a good way to say "i really like you but you are only worth this much to me" lol having said that, if i were to travel for a long term, considering the expenses incur with the ticket, hotel, food etc, i am thinking that i might be able to somehow bring that in the calculation of the expected tips? My previous off has always been off fee plus long time fee agreed before hand, and maybe few more baht if i am happy. In fact, we only discuss money the first time i off him and it was assumed id pay the same after.

, he showed me the number 5 (less than $1)... and showed him the number 3. The look on his face was almost tearful - obviously a good actor. So we went through this rather elaborate routine yet again. This time the number was 4. Face saved on both sides, I paid up. I would have happily paid 3 times as much. It was just fun.

certainly it was but  I'd not got to any length of time to save less than 20 cents, fun or not. Chances are that fun for tourist is a bit less of something to eat ( this morning at Patpong I witnessed lady doing brisk trade in tasty looking  mini buns stuffed with something priced at 5 baht each) for a local.

Sometimes it's better to watch one's heartbeat rather than purse 

....  first time i off him and it was assumed id pay the same after.

I'm on your side with the issue but need to warn you that at one point of time you may get burned by that assumption , just the same I was with few  Tawan boys as reported in my jun 2016 report. Now there I'm marked man which has bad side financially but not all lost - deliverance improved as well so at least partially money speaks 

I was very conscious of the disapproving looks from other visitors at the bungalow complex and on the beach. We stood out like a sore thumb - me and a 20 year old.

I wouldn't let that spoil your day or affect your thoughts in the slightest.      As long as you did appropriate due diligence with his ID card, they can mind their own damn business. 

But what i am not comfortable haggling is with the boy that i really like lol, and it might comes off as me being cheap, not a good way to say "i really like you but you are only worth this much to me".

I would say it in a different way: "I have been coming here for years and always paid 1000 for short time. So do you want 1000 or go back on stage?".

When haggling/arguing with a boy over price, I use a similar line: "How long have you been working in bars?" "6 Months." "See, I have been coming here for 8 years, so I must be right!"

I really don't give a damm what others think too.There is no wrong to be with 20 yo boy just enjoy yourself and ignore what other thinks it's really no their damm business what you are doing. In general Thailand is one of the most gay freindly countries in the world and personally I never have had bad experience there beeing with a boy much younger than me.

I would say it in a different way: "I have been coming here for years and always paid 1000 for short time. So do you want 1000 or go back on stage?".

When haggling/arguing with a boy over price, I use a similar line: "How long have you been working in bars?" "6 Months." "See, I have been coming here for 8 years, so I must be right!"

hatever you use it's stuil haggling which some may not be comfartable with and for others may spoil the fun.

I'm in 2nd camp, don't mind some price idea exchange but as soon as other arguments that just plain number are drawn my fun baloon deflates rapidly 

I really don't give a damm what others think too.There is no wrong to be with 20 yo boy just enjoy yourself and ignore what other thinks it's really no their damm business what you are doing. 

this is what you think but those "others" may not necessarily to see it that way, specially when companion is looking very young and we all know thet Asians often look younger than they are.

I'm sitting in the cafe in soi Post office and there's late 40tish farang with girl who definitely looks very very young. Three patrons included me rolled their eyes with question mark in . Yes,  none of our damn business but I don't want to be in the news as bystander of some bust, it's broad daylight by the way.

This is quite typical of many westerners visiting countries where haggling is not only common, but the norm in many parts. Yet in our working lives at home we are used to negotiating. Thats precisely what haggling is. So whats the difference, apart from the haggler usually adding a lot more at the outset? Look on it is just a bit of fun.

I was once in a city in another country where I saw a street seller with a pin button I quite liked. He could not speak English and took out his calculator. After a lot of punching and calculating, he showed me the number 5 (less than $1)! I frowned, shook my head and was about to walk away. But I wanted the button. So I turned back, asked for the calculator, did the same length of punching numbers as he had and showed him the number 3. The look on his face was almost tearful - obviously a good actor. So we went through this rather elaborate routine yet again. This time the number was 4. Face saved on both sides, I paid up. I would have happily paid 3 times as much. It was just fun.

Like Peter haggling can be fun, but what I do in case like this when small amounts are involved is to haggle and then give the guy the original asking price. Usually rewarded with a big smile

Like Peter haggling can be fun, but what I do in case like this when small amounts are involved is to haggle and then give the guy the original asking price. Usually rewarded with a big smile

Once in ayutthaya, i haggle with the mocy to take me to 6 temples and a restaurant for lunch at the end of a half day trip. He asked for 300 and i say 250, and we ended up at 260. He speak very little english but kept talking in thai explaining bunch of stuff, suggested me the shortest way to tackle all 6 temple, and even had 1 detour, so at the end i pay his original asking price and he was very happy indeed.