Wynter11

First time

Hi, I’m planning a short stop in Pattaya as part of a longer trip this January, likely mid month. Probably about 4-5 Days.

Wondering if people have any hotel advice? Mostly I’m wondering whether to stay closer to boyztown or Jomtien. Also interested in Sunee. Less concerned with budget than location and convenience since I’ll only be there a few days and want things to be easy.

Any general advice for that time of year would be good too. I realize it’s high season but don’t really know how much of an effect that might have on the trip.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Advantages for me as I see them.

Jomtien: 

* Great morning location.  

* Close to the gay beach

* Able to see nice thai bodies in Speedo's and underwear

* Close to the gay host bars

* Breakfast on the beach.

* Massage in the sand,

* Able to easily meet other people in a relaxed beach setting.

* flirt with the guys on the beach and collect phone numbers of handsome massage workers for personal massages.

* easy access to baht bus taxi

* At night, going back to your room, you can meet some truly fun guys.  I will get off at Jomtien complex and walk through it as I head to my rented condo.

Boyztown

* I love being able to hire a guy from a bar and end up just steps away from my hotel.  I try to brush off the thought that the guys see me parade many guys to my room haha!

* I love being close to the bars

* I love being close to the Malls

* I love being near walking street

* I love the party atmosphere vibe of the area

* I love being near Sunee Plaza

* It's a great area for shopping.  

* At night, when the bars go dark, you can take a stroll on Walking street.  

* The street food vendors!  At night they are all around!  And the day/Night area near Tuk.com is a foodies paradise!  You can't get that in Jomtien!

Wondering if people have any hotel advice? Mostly I’m wondering whether to stay closer to boyztown or Jomtien. Also interested in Sunee. 

I realize it’s high season but don’t really know how much of an effect that might have on the trip.

on the first trip I'd stay close to Boyztown which is walking distance to Sunee. Another option is to split 2-3 nights at Boyztown, rest in Jomtien. This comes from me, who likes to change hotels very often anyways.

As for high season  bars will be more crowded but also more boys in  them and weather will be very pleasant most likely

Thanks for responses, everyone. Currently seeing if I can squeeze in an extra day or two so I can split between the two places as it sounds like that might be the easier way to go.

On to bar advice, if I was looking for non fem but twinky kinda guys, lean swimmer types... is there a bar in particular you’d suggest I prioritize?

Thanks in advance again for the shared wisdom :)

I spent last weekend in Pattaya, staying in the Jomtien Complex (The Poseidon).  The baht bus is a quick way to and from Boyztown.  I offed one of the Toy Boys and when I told  him where I was staying he headed right for the baht bus.  To my amazement he went to pay for both of us when we got off in Jomtien.

Post a report on your visit.  I'm in the midst of trying to write up mine...and noticed how quiet Boyztown was.  

And, finally, don't miss the Boys, Boys, Boys parade at 9pm.  

I will be staying at the Poseiden on my next visit and have never used the B Bus before. I always staid at the Ambiance and never visited Jomtien. Details of your stay would be most helpful.

Reminds me of an Aussie tourist sat on the next table to us in a Pattaya restaurant a few years ago. 

He was staying a few hundred metres up the road, ate at the same restaurant every day and hadn't ventured any further around the town.   Needless to say, he was bored & looking forward to going home.

I find holidays usually work out better if I'm prepared to do new things.   

Admittedly I do like to take the easy option of checking into proven hotels when I return to cities, but I also explore various parts of the city and usually make sure my trip itinerary includes countries or regions that I've not yet explored.

Reminds me of an Aussie tourist sat on the next table to us in a Pattaya restaurant a few years ago. 

He was staying a few hundred metres up the road, ate at the same restaurant every day and hadn't ventured any further around the town.   Needless to say, he was bored & looking forward to going home.

now you understand why I like to change hotel every few nights even if in the same city - makes me feeling I'm still on the move and exploring unknown , even if it's bathroom in new place