a447a

Pattaya report Oct 2018

Firstly, thanks for the original report.

It had me wondering. Why on earth did I go to Chiang Mai??

Indeed, it was always on my bucket list.  But, I have removed it - it simply does not seem to be worth the effort.

I think your question depends on priorities.  

If the travel is purely for the nightlife and sex, then there is no logical reason to travel anywhere beyond Bangkok and Pattaya,  Certainly not to Chiang Mai.

However, after excluding time spent sleeping, there are about another 16 hours left in a day.   Most people of a certain age wouldn't spend 16 hours a day for 4 weeks chasing & having sex, since it's more than we can handle and we're often curious to see other sights during the day time.   That's where Chiang Mai makes a change from Pattaya.

The options range from:

1 Bangkook & Pattaya -excellent scene, great action, fine choice of lads

2 Chiang Mai, Phuket.   Much smaller scene, reduced choice, but finding a lad is pretty much guaranteed.

3 Siem Riep.  Reasonable chance of finding a willing lad, but not guaranteed.  Or more accurately, not guaranteed to get one back to your hotel -a naughty massage can be had any time.

4 Krabi, Battambang etc.   Slim chance of finding a suitable lad.   Maybe a massage, or you might get lucky on the phone apps.

My solution has been to have a holiday that starts in Bangkok, introduces some other destinations in between & finishes in Pattaya.     

I had a hankering for the manly Shan guys at Adams Apple and decided it was time to go back again and check it out. I've seen so the tourist sites.

I have been there on previous holidays and find that the line-up hadn't changed much.

But this time, apart from Korn and Ball, I didn't recognise anyone. So I had to build up relationships all over again, and that takes time. The boys tend to be a bit stand-offish at first. It takes a while for them to approach you and start a conversation.

Thank God for Win! When he first appeared in stage he was the only one who looked straight at me and have me a huge smile. He chatted to me every night and I enjoyed his attention.

It got better the second night and more boys acknowledged me. If I had stayed longer in Chiang Mai, I think I probably would have gotten to know more of them and has a more interesting time there.

BTW, my first ever encounter with a Thai guy happened in Chiang Mai back in the nineties. The rest is history!

The options range from:

1 Bangkook & Pattaya -excellent scene, great action, fine choice of lads

2 Chiang Mai, Phuket.   Much smaller scene, reduced choice, but finding a lad is pretty much guaranteed.

3 Siem Riep.  Reasonable chance of finding a willing lad, but not guaranteed.  Or more accurately, not guaranteed to get one back to your hotel -a naughty massage can be had any time.

4 Krabi, Battambang etc.   Slim chance of finding a suitable lad.   Maybe a massage, or you might get lucky on the phone apps.

My solution has been to have a holiday that starts in Bangkok, introduces some other destinations in between & finishes in Pattaya.     

Same here ! As for the options, I would add Hat Hai, Hua Hin and perhaps Chiang Rai (will check soon) somewhere between Chiang Mai / Phuket and Siem Riep.

I feel sorry for Beer a lack of proper education and bad company with bar boys can turn decent guy to irresponsible and corrupt one.

you are right , although generally speaking it's common mistake to assume that proper education makes people wise. First , his brother , equally poorly educated  but living to live his life  smarter  way.

Lots of educated people are saying and doing stupid things and I'm sure  each one of us can provide many examples. Just probability is lower but still  education seems to be defense against idiocy only to a degree.   

who knows is right. It's possible that the job negatively affected him in a way it did not do to his brother. Not everyone is cut out for doing sex work. And I'd imagine that for a young straight man it could really fuck you up and lead to things like self-esteem issues, substance abuse problems to medicate, etc.

This morning I had a quick chat to the guy who had 30,000 band stolen. Of course, he hasn't got it back.

He went to the police but says "it's a fucking mess." The money has probably gone forever.

He is still devastated.

A minor correction to my report : the big screen they have been testing out is in Le Cafe Royal, not Copa.