hank75

Boys and their friends

What are your experiences with going out with boys? Sometimes when I’m in the mood for a night out, I’ll suggest a second venue for drinks - boy’s choice. I’ve been brought to some interesting places I’d never have ventured to on my own. It’s great fun. There are a couple of boys who are now comfortable enough with me to suggest “I call my friends?”. They enjoy themselves alot more when they have friends to chatter with, not just the boring farang with a language barrier.

I never say no (extra boys with no tip!) but since we have been on the subject of tipping, the drinks do tend to add up especially when I see main boy light up when I open a bottle for them. I don’t have the heart to deprive him of (me) treating his friends, but I may start to suggest some lower cost alternatives if a larger group shows up. Any ideas on what these could be?

Years ago think 2002/2003when i was younger & stupid I used to take groups of boys to the then Hollywood disco and the various umpteen karaoke s that were around then.including the gay one up at Nirth Pattaya forget the name but its long gone.

Mind you things were cheaper then and I didnt have a mortgage to pay .

Fast forward to September 2018 and i found the boys a bit less enthusiastic about discos etc than their colleagues 15 years before.

I must say I took 2 boys from the Eden bar to karaoke in September and we had a hard time to find a farang song karaoke bar unlike 15 years before where they were every second shop practically.,

Years ago think 2003/2004 when i was young & stupid I used to take groups of boys to the then Hollywood disco and the various umpteen karaoke s that were around then.including the gay one up at Nirth Pattaya forget the name but its long gone.

Mind you things were cheaper then and I didnt have a mortgage to pay .

Fast forward to September 2018 and i found the boys a bit less enthusiastic about discos etc than their colleagues 15 years before.

I must say I took 2 boys from the Eden bar to karaoke in September and we had a hard time to find a farang song karaoke bar unlike 15 years before where they were every second shop practically.,

I never say no (extra boys with no tip!) but since we have been on the subject of tipping, the drinks do tend to add up especially when I see main boy light up when I open a bottle for them. I don’t have the heart to deprive him of (me) treating his friends, but I may start to suggest some lower cost alternatives if a larger group shows up. Any ideas on what these could be?

From my experience, once you start taking his friend / bar friends

to clubbing there will be no cost cutting options.

You get a reputation within the bar of partying so your main boy’s friends would request him to go clubbing every time you visit the bar and for your friend it’s difficult to turn down friends request as having a generous fun customer is good for his prestige.

Even your boy doesn’t approve, the friends would LINE his bar friend they are partying at xxx club now with a photo and others would turn up uninvited. You can’t say no to them to save your main boy’s face.

Once I offed a boy and went to clubbing with his 4 bar friend.

I paid his friends’ off fee and 1000-2000 tip each too.

When we arrived at the club , the other bar friend joined with his customer and many more friends.

It was total of 13 people, 8 gogo boys, 1 waiter, 1 other customer, two girlfriends of gogo boys.

We only spent one hour there as the club was closing at 1 am and the total drink & food bill came to nearly 10,000 B and unfortunately the other customer didn’t contribute anything.

Jasper, that scenario sounds VERY familiar. I have been in that position exactly. Time to nip this in the bud before it goes too far. I don’t mind giving the main boy “face” - I tip the mamasan and waiter well when he sits with me precisely because of this. But at the price of buying mediocre bottles in too noisy clubs (sometimes more than one), I could invite him somewhere really nice for dinner and feed him properly. I think I will point this out to him - and other boys- next time.

I feel blessed that I'm into cuddling and alone time.

Ah paborn, so I am I. One of my boys is a champion cuddled...which means I am putty when he gives me puppy dog eyes and says “I call my friend?”. And before you know it, I am being presented with the bill for Johnny Walker Black Label.

The more the merrier as long as my budget is respected. For a few years I rented a small studio apartment 10 minute walk from Sunee. My boyfriend and his friend were the perminent residents but the boyfriend had several brothers? and a few close friends. The apartment became their hangout/meeting place and as I liked to cook and kept a well stocked fridge and pantry there was a lot of coming and going. I enjoy the boys 90% of the time but I had a few rules. These were the most important.

1. Do nothing to attract attention to the apartment...loud noise, music or gathering in the hallways.

2. Other than the two regulars, no friend was allowed to stay in the room on his own.

3. The boys were responsible for keeping the room clean.

4. Anyone lying on the bed was fair game....there were foamies under the bed for sleep overs.

I did not have the budget for bars and discos with groups however the beach, Pattaya Park, Sunee Pool, Mor Lam dances or and evening at BaliHai Pier were usually large group events.

post-16146-0-51654700-1542376909_thumb.jpg

post-16146-0-79226000-1542378125_thumb.jpgpost-16146-0-60529000-1542377041_thumb.jpg

Ah paborn, so I am I. One of my boys is a champion cuddled...which means I am putty when he gives me puppy dog eyes and says “I call my friend?”. And before you know it, I am being presented with the bill for Johnny Walker Black Label.

I think you missed the part about "alone time" I have taken my "dates" to the best restaurants in Bangkok - but, it's he and I - no more, never - ever.

Wow, love the pics, I recognise a few boys from years gone by.

I use to talk to a old farang named Doug years ago and he done the same as you, of course that was a long time ago now when Duc 's bar was open.

From my experience, once you start taking his friend / bar friends

to clubbing there will be no cost cutting options.

Once I offed a boy and went to clubbing with his 4 bar friend.

I paid his friends’ off fee and 1000-2000 tip each too.

When we arrived at the club , the other bar friend joined with his customer and many more friends.

It was total of 13 people, 8 gogo boys, 1 waiter, 1 other customer, two girlfriends of gogo boys.

We only spent one hour there as the club was closing at 1 am and the total drink & food bill came to nearly 10,000 B and unfortunately the other customer didn’t contribute anything.

You paid the off and tipped them too. Did you have an orgy at least? I don't understand why you would have tipped them otherwise.

I could invite him somewhere really nice for dinner and feed him properly. 

I think  in most cases our boys still would prefer extra tip instead that extra nice restaurant and a dinner. In quite a few cases they weren't even shy to point that to me.

Since I have habit of feeding my long time offs if they are hungry , I let them to chose place and very often it's just Family Mart and their microwave heated treats. Only two times they lead me to  something expensive , one of those was my birthday so I figured  he wanted to treat me to an option of me paying for upscale meal for all three of us / we had companion /. 

Vinapu, while I agree with you. The fact is, I have a hope to find someone I like enough to off for a few days and dine with me at the Poseidon. It's the romantic vibe, it will not, in any way, affect the tip. This is for me.

I understand your point but even if you tip very generously chances are it will be always that thought ' he spent so much on a meal , it would be better if he gave me 1/3 of that in cash.

In June I offed Tawan guy  and tipped him generously but deservedly 4000 for  whole night. Next day invited him to Mango Tree / my idea , not his / for a dinner before his bar opened, tab came to 1700 and all of the sudden I felt that 4000 were very stingy for all that steam we had together for such long time and looking at his face I had impression his thoughts were about the same.

Good bye hug was a bit wooden too, different from what we had before . Never again , meal was excellent but that aftertaste not so much. 

I guess some lads do enjoy having a meal in a proper restaurant with their patrons.

You'll find pics in Gay apps where they intentionally show where they have been to with foreign clients.

for sure they do as it may be status booster in their crowd, I just wanted to point that  lots of guys may find better use of money we are lavishing on them in form of fancier meals or shiny but impractical gifts. 

You know what is a status booster for them? Take them a few days to Singapore, Tokyo, Seoul, or Moscow for a city trip. Thais don't need a visa for these places (countries). They love to show of with Facebook live video to their friends they are not in Thailand. I have a few times taken a boy to another country.

I know we have covered this extensively in another thread, which I shall look up too. What is the protocol for this? Do you tip boys daily or just operate on the understanding it is a holiday with expenses covered?

I have only done it 4 times with one boy who was my boyfriend (more or less; I mean I am a total butterfly) back then. I see it as a holiday with expenses covered but I gave him a one time payment during or after the trip. Maybe on average 2000 baht for a complete day.  I only do 3 to 4 days short city trips. They like to see other countries, most haven't seen more than Thailand and Laos in their life time. It gives me a good feeling to give him this experience and to see he likes it and how he likes to show off.