Syphion

Phuket - Bangkok - Chiang Mai Trip

7 hours ago, speedoo1 said:

You didn't check out Boat Bar at the end of the Paradise complex? (to the far right when facing the big hotel at end of the street). It usually gets going quite late (and will stay open 1-2 hours longer than the other bars/clubs in the soi).

Passed by but it was dead both times.

Very sad Boat Bar is dead at the high season ... It used to be one of the best dance club in Thailand and certainly the best in Phuket with lots of great shows and music , many customers including young and attractive foreigners and many Thai boys arriving after midnight seeking for partner.another legendary venue faded away.

I'm intrigued by the longevity of the Paradise Complex. It's not like Pattaya's Boyztown which has seen a massive decline in numbers of visitors over the past decades; in fact,  my first visit was in 1997 and it was deserted then. I was new to Thailand and was disappointed to compare it with the liveliness of Pattaya. I've visited Phuket on about seven or eight occasions since then and it has remained exactly the same. How does it survive?

By the way, the tourist clientele of Patong seemed  younger than that of Pattaya- and  less Asian- on my last visit in 2017.  And there seemed to be more couples. I wonder if the straight scene is thriving.

Phuket faced huge tourist numbers decline and it's no longer major tourist destination as it used to be so not only the gay scene faded away the straight scene is in decline as well . My last visit in 2017 Paradise complex was a ghost town and most of the straight go go bars had been closed.

It seemed that the scene was mostly older farang couples. There were some straight families/couples watching the show at Zag or just passing by for a look. Most people just sat at tables set up along the street and watched the performance, then migrated inside to stand around and chat while watching the drag show. Nothing like DJ station happening.

1 hour ago, Syphion said:

Checked out Jupiter and yes, there were manly muscle guys. However, not a big fan of tattoos. Plus, one mamasan kept pestering me to select a boy.

I wonder what's going on there, first somebody reported guys are smiling , now mamasan pestering. It used to be other way around, sober looking guys but I was alone by mamasans 

6 hours ago, Syphion said:

... Would not recommend going here. The all inclusive pricing gives them little incentive to try. Would have tipped him extra if the service was better but it was the worst of the three experiences.

while your experience was dispiriting I always advocate against writing off both,  places and guys  after only one trial.

Comes from personal experience, my worst ever and one of best boys ever came from the same bar(Dreamboys) on the same trip only few days apart.

Guy who humiliated me most,  dumping mid-bar for another one after off fee was paid and one who provided me 2 years later  with probably best night-with-boyfriend experience in all my 20 trips was exactly the same  Tawan boy.

I'm pretty sure other experienced similar roller-coasters

On 1/4/2020 at 1:41 AM, Syphion said:

White Party: Spent more time doing this than anything else (including sleep). Basically it is room full of muscle jock young Asians - nonstop eye candy for me! @anddy hope you enjoyed it too! 

Yup to my surprise I did enjoy the two WP party nights I happened to be dragged to by a friend. The opening night on Friday and the actual White Party on the 30th. It wasn't like I remembered from about 3 years ago, when there seemed to be way too many swaying Chinese "bear trains", making normal dancing impossible. Also, the music seemed better this time around. And you are right about the eye candy guys, those guys...! Sooooo many sooooo attractive and sexy guys! 

Big thank you again for enabling us to jump to the front of the line! :air_kiss: