anddy

Soi 4 and a few other updates

50 minutes ago, anddy said:

The Spanish restaurant on the right hand side (I think Tapas was the name) is no more. Instead, there is already a brand new gay bar & restaurant named "pride" (not really a very creative name I find, but so what)

I believe that Nakarat Massage occupied the third floor of the building where Tapas was located (corner of Soi 4 and Silom).

Did you notice if Nakarat was still in business?

As for GC's relocation to Nature Boy, hope they move the sofa to the new venue. Wouldn't quite have the same vibe without it.

14 hours ago, anddy said:

• Banana Bar on Soi 4 as well as the gogo bar upstairs are permanently closed. The door was open and I could see the interior has already been largely dismantled.

I do hope that this is not true. 

Months ago I was informed that there would be a big refurb in Banana and Banana Room Club at this time.  I imagined that the gogo upstairs would be coming downstairs.

I was told that the re-opening would be in October.

I'll look for more info tonight.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:04 AM, reader said:

I believe that Nakarat Massage occupied the third floor of the building where Tapas was located (corner of Soi 4 and Silom).

As for GC's relocation to Nature Boy, hope they move the sofa to the new venue. Wouldn't quite have the same vibe without it.

Nakarat was (is?) on the 3rd floor of the building across from the Tapas restaurant/

On 9/10/2020 at 12:04 AM, reader said:

8 minutes ago, ggobkk said:

Nakarat was (is?) on the 3rd floor of the building across from the Tapas restaurant/

you guys got it all wrong lol

- Nakarat is on the same side, not opposite, where Tapas was (actually it wasn't called Tapas, but "Spanish on 4"), both on the right hand side
- Nakarat is on the 3rd (or 4th?) floor of the corner building of Soi 4 and Silom, i.e. the very first building on the right hand side
- Tapas/Spanish on 4 (now pride) is several buildings further into the soi, well past G's German Restaurant

Yes Nakarat still in business, although no guys sit outside on the Silom side of the building, only on the soi right in front of the entrance to the building

11 hours ago, Patanawet said:

I do hope that this is not true. 

Months ago I was informed that there would be a big refurb in Banana and Banana Room Club at this time.  I imagined that the gogo upstairs would be coming downstairs.

I was told that the re-opening would be in October.

I'll look for more info tonight.

Now that you say that, that is entirely possible. A complete refurbishment in it's initial stages doesn't look different from dismantling, so that may have fooled me

11 hours ago, anddy said:

Now that you say that, that is entirely possible. A complete refurbishment in it's initial stages doesn't look different from dismantling, so that may have fooled me

Hi anddy, I asked around the soi last night and indeed it is a refurbishment and will open as a gogo bar next month (the upstairs Banana Room Club is the same owner as Welcome Pub opposite Balcony).

Further good news, part of the soi is in for a bit of brightening and livening to happen soon, about the same time as the Grand Opening of PRIDE on the 20th of this month.

Hello again anddy, TAPAS had a bit of a history. It is all a bit fuzzy in my memory now.

TAPAS was originally where Banana BAR is now. Then somehow the little bar called Sugar Bowl (or something like that) was involved.

Then Spanish on 4 became called TAPAS and there were two TAPASs in the soi.

Eventually, the original Tapas became Banana.

Well it was all something like that but as I say 'it's all a bit fuzzy'. Maybe someone cal recall more clearly.

1 hour ago, Patanawet said:

Hello again anddy, TAPAS had a bit of a history. It is all a bit fuzzy in my memory now.

TAPAS was originally where Banana BAR is now. Then somehow the little bar called Sugar Bowl (or something like that) was involved.

Then Spanish on 4 became called TAPAS and there were two TAPASs in the soi.

Eventually, the original Tapas became Banana.

Well it was all something like that but as I say 'it's all a bit fuzzy'. Maybe someone cal recall more clearly.

ah yes, again now as you mention it it comes back to my mind, too! Where Banana is there was a (str8) bar called Tapas. And actually I'm not sure at all not that Spanish on 4 was ever called "Tapas". They may have said something like "Spanish on 4 - Bar & Tapas" in which case the "tapas" part is not a name but says that they serve tapas (kind of Spanish appetizers or finger food).

4 hours ago, anddy said:

They may have said something like "Spanish on 4 - Bar & Tapas" in which case the "tapas" part is not a name but says that they serve tapas (kind of Spanish appetizers or finger food).

no idea about what name was but their tapas were excellent and gazpacho / kind of cold soup  / even better but not as h good as chicken with cashew nuts in Oasis on Suriwong, also dead

On 9/11/2020 at 1:41 PM, Patanawet said:

Hi anddy, I asked around the soi last night and indeed it is a refurbishment and will open as a gogo bar next month (the upstairs Banana Room Club is the same owner as Welcome Pub opposite Balcony).

Things go fast, was at Soi 4 again 3 weeks ago and found Banana already open in it's new splendor:

IMG_20200924_195530.jpg.e62d238b22738612018fb1ec3d632944.jpg

Another update (for which I can't find the thread in which I have previously posted about it): Senso is has been closed again for several weeks, with a sign on the door saying "temporarily closed"

On the Google it has Senso as permanently closed (I really hope it's only temporary) now and their website is temporarily unavailable, great pity if it is permanent 

On 10/5/2020 at 8:02 PM, anddy said:

Things go fast, was at Soi 4 again 3 weeks ago and found Banana already open in it's new splendor:

Afraid not. The outside terrace has been open for ages but the inside has been gutted for a long time. I looked in last night and they have just started the renovation with the skeleton of tiered seating on the left hand wall.