It's not unusual.....

Interesting, and indeed not very unusual in Thailand (see below). Though I have to say that was next to impossible to spot from the photos, given poor resolution and overexposure in the relevant area.

I have seen an airplane fuselage somewhere in Isaan last July, when I drove from BKK o Sisaket and back. I can't remember where it was, but if I remember correctly there was a sign saying they were developing the plane into something, I think a restaurant.

Also, there is the (new-ish?) 747 Cafe right here outside Bangkok, just a couple of kilometers from Suvarnabhumi: https://goo.gl/maps/c2zcQq99Vpr44M3e6

And then there is the Airplane Graveyeard smack in the city of Bangkok, on Ramkhamhaeng Road: https://goo.gl/maps/Xgt363GHejU9o1ec9

I also remember seeing scrap planes at Udon Thani and other airports in Thailand.

Seeing one in the centre in a city centre is rarer.   Expect it to be a restaurant.

I can see the attraction of fitting out a 747 with comfortable seating to create a novel dining experience.  

What I don't see the attraction of is the reverse model of fitting aircraft seating into an ordinary building.  There is one near Chong Nonsi, complete with economy class seating and very few customers, when I look through the window.  I have no intention of going in.

1 hour ago, z909 said:

What I don't see the attraction of is the reverse model of fitting aircraft seating into an ordinary building.  There is one near Chong Nonsi, complete with economy class seating and very few customers, when I look through the window.  I have no intention of going in.

That's on the corner of Silom, in the former Thai Airways office and operated by Thai to generate at least some modest income. There may be few customers later in the day and indeed I believe they close at something like 2pm. However, they sell some very popular pastries in the morning - starting from I think 6am !! - which at least in the beginning led to massive queues.

Wow you had a direct flight to Pattaya :) Now I understand what they mean with "semi-commercial" ...
It was a tough question, even now I couldnt say there is a plane hidden in the first picture!
Please do more quiz with us, you are the only turist in the village country!

And thanks to everyone who is posting in these quiet times!!!

7 hours ago, Michael said:

I missed no post. I see the plane in the one near the bottom. I don't see it in the first photo. Trust me, it is possible.

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

At first none of us saw it so don't feel bad. If you look carefully under that red canopy you will notice neat row of plane windows in the background

20210124_155419_copy_1166x1060_1x.thumb.jpg.1eae49bcc91a1b07a5cedf2a50514710.jpg.df6271ea6024e586054ca01c0a2cadc3.jpg

5 hours ago, z909 said:

I thought this might be too easy when first posting, but I have to admit, the plane is rather well hidden in the first shot.

i think we all subconsciously looked for hidden boy's butt or something and nobody in his right mind suspected it may be a plane or an octopus or even flying fish in the middle of the city 

6 hours ago, z909 said:

I thought this might be too easy when first posting, but I have to admit, the plane is rather well hidden in the first shot.

it was probably much more obvious in the real life scene rather than a photograph, too