12is12

4th report on Pattaya: Jomtien Complex - Supertown

28 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

Indeed, once when I was at Delice buying cookies, I bought some extras, and offered them to the massage boys in front of Soda and the 2 parlors close by. They were pleasantly surprised.

and as a result you earned some Thai, "jai dee", merit with the guys - because 2 of them told me - wow - that falang is so nice he gave us some cookies....

30 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

Given there r at least 300 guys working around there, I later wondered why only a miniscule nmbr of them use apps to market themselves. 

You reminded me of one of our many conversations on how the guys could up-market themselves.  One idea is if they could have QR codes on their person - so as they walk by we can snap their QR code and learn more about them, where they work in the Complex, and how to contact them.  For us "shy guys" this would be a great way to expand our guy experience(s).

32 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

1. Most farangs were sitting by themselves, pairs or groups. Very few were sitting with boy, usually in silence and looking bored. Depite intense people watching I didnt see even one instance of what would look like an off.

As you know, I am a new retiree here - and I have reached out to many fellow falang retirees here and only very few have reacted to meeting up.  Most just replied, "sounds like a good idea - I will contact you" - and then weeks and months pass and nothing happens.  I believe that the established falang groups are content as they are and are not looking for any new entries.  For those sitting alone night after night - I do not know why?

It would be great if the people who manage the  https://www.gaysupertown.com/

website could organize 1 time per month a meetup and/or bar crawl within the Complex, where the newbies can meet the already established falangs to break the ice and to create some possible new friendships.  I know that over in Pattaya in the heterosexual world they often organize bar crawls in Soi Buakhao where the newbies can meet the residents to have a good time and make new friends.  I am not aware that there is any such equivalent in the gay communities here in Jomtien and Pattaya.

39 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

There's no erotica / horniness in the air, despite sex persumably being uppermost in the minds of most present. Didnt see any farang lust or any temptatious boy.
Or maybe I dont know how to read....

I will wait to respond to this until you post the Double Shot portion of this trip report - as there was definitely horniness in the air!!!!!!!!

Bkk, ur QR idea is major sci-fi!

PS, wldnt define myself as "shy".

Not residing here, I dont know anything about expats socializing. I posted an 'academic' query about this on the forum a couple of months ago, and got the impression there's not much going on. To each - his own....

In any case, my comment was focused not on farangs' interaction btw themselves, but rather on the srprsng observation the so few of them in bars were interacting with local boys.

46 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

Kokopelli, I know how the system works. All I wrote was:

1) They werent MY taste, which of course doesnt disparage either their looks or others' tastes.

2) I didnt see anyone "walking down the soi with a farang", which surprised me. I expected it to b a common sight.

Sorry 12is12,  I meant no criticism of your post in my comments.