Lucky

Is Indicting Trump A Good Idea?

• Members
34 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

because you cannot posit an intelligent remark

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, EmmetK said:

It is about allowing the clapping idiots on the left to have their hatred for Trump massaged and indulged

giphy.gif

The left is a cult of vengeful, irrational wackos who have nothing but hatred for their country.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ibqfre6g9c05nxbabx

Trump, as a patriotic American who is upholding the constitution, is their enemy.

giphy.gif

• Members

So let's just continue on this riff.  Because you really can't make this shit up.  Politics is now parody.

Trump: 'No Choice' But to Jail Political Opponents

That alone gets a laugh.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qi3xod5ap3y6k27age

"[It is] hard to believe that [Biden] even thinks about that because he's gone," said Trump. "But then I said, well, they're actually trying to indict me because every one of these indictments is him, including [Manhattan District Attorney Alvin] Bragg."

Exactly.  Only a genius like Trump could deduce that Biden is both gone, mentally.  And the mastermind who engineered four different indictments.  Why be such a senile asshole?  Just because Trump tells the truth and defends the Constitution.  And stuff like that.

crowd-laughing.gif

Thing is, these evil fuckers like Biden have no compassion.  Whereas DJT, despite the persecution, is a nice guy.  Reasonable people wanted to hang Mike Pence, for him fucking with the Constitution.  And other really bad things. 

But Trump is better that.  He understands the problem. Mike Pence is too damn honest.  Which is worse than fucking with the Constitution, when you think about it.

On January 1, the Defendant (Trump] called the Vice President and berated him
because he had learned that the Vice President had opposed a lawsuit
seeking a judicial decision that, at the certification, the Vice President had
the authority to reject or return votes to the states under the Constitution.
The Vice President responded that he thought there was no constitutional
basis for such authority and that it was improper. In response, the Defendant
told the Vice President, "You're too honest." 

clap-applause.gif

Hell yeah!  Lock Pence up for being too honest!

But what really bothers me isn't Pence.  It is the whole damn cult of vengeful, irrational wackos who have nothing but hatred for their country.  And want to to destroy Trump for being a patriot who defends the Constitution.  So we HAVE TO JAIL ALL TRUMP'S POLITICAL OPPONENTS.

Throw these America-hating radical whackos in jail!  Lock em up!  Now!

Bill Barr, Republican Attorney General

Jeffrey Rosen, Republican Acting Attorney General

Richard Donoghue, Republican Acting Deputy Attorney General;

John Ratcliffe, Republican Director Of National Intelligence

Chris Krebs, Republican CISA Director 

Pat Cipollone, Republican White House Counsel

Mike Shirkey, Republican Michigan Senate Majority Leader

Lee Chatfield, Republican Michigan House Speaker

Rusty Bowers, Republican Arizona House Speaker

Brad Raffensperger, Repulican Georgia Sec. of State.

Every one of these America hating whacko dick heads told Trump he lost the 2020 election.  Just like that disgustingly honest Mike Pence!  These people treated the Constitution like toilet paper.  Of course we need to LOCK THEM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Members

What's likely to be the longest jail sentence for Jan. 6th is now done.  22 years for the leader of the Proud Boys.  

Enrique Tarrio, Proud Boys leader on Jan. 6, sentenced to 22 years for seditious conspiracy

Tarrio also apologized to police officers, lawmakers and D.C. residents for the carnage of Jan. 6.

“I had the choice multiple times to calm things out and I didn’t. I persisted when I should have calmed,” he said.

Tarrio said he would disavow politics and “groups” after leaving jail and wanted only to return to his family, get married and lead a productive life.

The Proud Boys traced their rise in large part to Trump himself... The group saw a recruitment surge in September 2020 when Trump told them to “stand back and stand by” on a debate stage — a comment that became a rallying cry for Tarrio and other Proud Boys leaders.

Trump's silence is deafening.  Although hardly surprising.

If Trump feels Tarrio and other Jan. 6th leaders fought the good fight to stop the steal, why hasn't he spoken up for Tarrio?

On the other hand, if Trump agrees with Tarrio, that the cops who were jubilantly and patriotically beaten deserve an apology, why isn't Trump apologizing?

Same for the 2 in 3 MAGA Republicans who now apparently disagree with Tarrio: that this was a national disgrace that Trump should be apologizing for.  Before Trump slithers into a jail cell of his own.

My takeaway is that Trump needs to be punished.  Had the Trump-appointed judge congratulated Tarrio, he probably would not be apologizing and talking about leading a productive life.  More likely he would feel empowered, and might want to try it again.

Trump and the MAGAverse are clearly feeling empowered.  If MAGA sees any connection between Trump's indictment and Tarrio's remorse for jubilantly and patriotically attacking cops and lawmakers, they are not letting on.  They are standing behind Trump's lies and hate and thirst for violence and revenge.  If Trump is not punished, like Tarrio, they will continue to do so.

• Members
On 9/7/2023 at 3:41 AM, stevenkesslar said:

If MAGA sees any connection between Trump's indictment and Tarrio's remorse for jubilantly and patriotically attacking cops and lawmakers, they are not letting on.  They are standing behind Trump's lies and hate and thirst for violence and revenge.  If Trump is not punished, like Tarrio, they will continue to do so.

Worth remembering that Hitler and a handful of his cronies went to jail after their unsuccessful Munich putsch in 1923.  Hitler served eight months of his five-year sentence and, while in prison, wrote Mein Kampf.  Within a decade, he was appointed Chancellor and a few months later he was der Führer.

As I've posted elsewhere, it is very difficult to detach authoritarian followers from their 'leader'.  They latched on to Hitler as they have latched onto Trump.  Germany was nearly destroyed before Hitler's base would abandon him.  I expect that any punishment Trump receives will make some folks feel better but I doubt that his base will abandon him.

If you're not an authoritarian follower, it's not easy to understand what makes them tick.  But, until we do, and until they have a less divisive and destructive leader, my expectation is that our society will continue to unravel.  Punishing Trump, in my opinion, will not be enough.

From CNN

A Georgia judge shut down the effort by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to have all 19 defendants, including former President Donald Trump, to be tried together in October in the Georgia election subversion case.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee announced Thursday that Trump and 16 co-defendants will move forward on their own schedule, with a trial date yet be announced.

The two remaining co-defendants, Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell, sought speedy trials and are scheduled to begin in October.

Thursday’s order is a victory for Trump and his fellow co-defendants who did not want to go to trial this October. The schedule laid out by the judge only cemented some of the steps in the pre-trial process, setting up the possibility that the trial itself does not happen until well into 2024, or even later. Trump’s legal calendar during the first half of next year is already clogged with plans for trials in the other criminal cases he faces, and he is juggling those proceedings with his 2024 presidential run.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/14/politics/trump-georgia-trial-date/index.html

• Members

So a question to legal eagles out there.

Kenneth Chesebro, an architect of Trump’s fake elector scheme, pleads guilty in Georgia

Chesebro’s plea comes one day after another close Trump adviser, Sidney Powell, entered a plea deal. Both have agreed to cooperate with prosecutors.

Is it correct that this means the legal noose is almost certainly tightening around Trump?  I'm not a lawyer or judge.  But it seems like if Chesebro and Powell are guilty, and if they are presumably willing to cooperate with prosecutors, it is going to be hard to find Trump innocent.   The main argument I can think of is that he didn't know about it.  Or that it doesn't matter, because he has immunity, anyway.  But both of those seem unlikely.  The idea that he is simply innocent because nothing criminal happened seems to be drifting further and further away as a legal strategy.

I am losing count but I think Trump lawyer #3 just pleaded guilty. 

https://apnews.com/article/jenna-ellis-plea-deal-georgia-election-case-c4dbacd3e4bbb5415ebd3d42d8fa3128

How embarrassing. For them, their families and their law schools. Way to pick 'em! I do hope there will be professional consequences - they should not be allowed to practice law as officers of the court with this self admitted misbehavior.