TotallyOz

Jury says Trump must pay E. Jean Carroll $5 million for sexual abuse and defamation

• Members

I wish they would have found him guilty of RAPE too.....   He will use that not guilty charge as an "out" for ALL the charges and spin it as E Jean Carroll being a liar....

But does the fanatic Trump voter CARE about this verdict ?     NO they dont care and will STILL support him undyingly.     Will the GOP still support him ?

OF COURSE they will. .    

• Members
50 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

I wish they would have found him guilty of RAPE too.....   He will use that not guilty charge as an "out" for ALL the charges and spin it as E Jean Carroll being a liar....

But does the fanatic Trump voter CARE about this verdict ?     NO they dont care and will STILL support him undyingly.     Will the GOP still support him ?

OF COURSE they will. .    

This is what I love about you, Sis.  As young girls in prep school, you were always the one better at deep throating the boys.  So from an early age, I always had to accept that I was the realist.  I had to think incrementally.   You always went all the way.  I went inch by inch.

So, yes.  I wish they had gone all the way, and taken his entire cock.  In this case, I mean just chop it off, as legal punishment.  I'm guessing Melania wouldn't mind.  But let's be realistic.

I won't repeat what i said in my post on another thread.  But it applies here, too.  The funny thing now is that maybe 44 % or so of Americans say they'd vote for Trump.  Which is more than say they'll vote for Biden, in at least some polls.  We know Trump got 46 to 47 % in two national elections.  Meanwhile, depending on how the question is asked, a majority of Americans basically think he's a criminal who belongs in jail.  So how could a guy like that get elected again?

My answer is that I hope in November 2024 Americans are thinking recovery and rape.  As in the Biden recovery.  If instead we are in the Biden recession, they may overlook the rape.  I think this verdict is more important than Stormy Daniels or a doorman saying something.  Hush money to a hooker is one thing.  Rape and sexual abuse is another.  Who wants to feel raped?  Or even just abused?

Actually, truth be told, most of the MAGA folks seemingly do.  As you said, they don't care.  But IMHO Trump raped them.  Trump raped the 2020 election.  Trump raped the Capitol.  Trump raped Kevin McCarthy on Jan. 6th.  Kevin was screaming "Rape" (almost) on the phone to Trump as it was happening, and literally screaming "Stop it now!"   Trump rapes, and rapes, and rapes, and rapes, and rapes.  And usually gets away with it. 

I'd rather we are taking about how he raped Georgia and raped the Capitol and raped the cops he says he loves and raped these voting machine companies in Summer and Fall 2024.  Not now.  That's when the verdict from the most important jury will likely be formed.

For now, I'm glad we can call Donald Trump, an abusive loser, what he is.  AN ABUSER!  A LOSER!  Please bring on the indictments.  And let's spend a year and a half talking about all the crimes of this loser.

• Members
4 hours ago, stevenkesslar said:

This is what I love about you, Sis.  As young girls in prep school, you were always the one better at deep throating the boys.  So from an early age, I always had to accept that I was the realist.  I had to think incrementally.   You always went all the way.  I went inch by inch.

So, yes.  I wish they had gone all the way, and taken his entire cock.  In this case, I mean just chop it off, as legal punishment.  I'm guessing Melania wouldn't mind.  But let's be realistic.

I won't repeat what i said in my post on another thread.  But it applies here, too.  The funny thing now is that maybe 44 % or so of Americans say they'd vote for Trump.  Which is more than say they'll vote for Biden, in at least some polls.  We know Trump got 46 to 47 % in two national elections.  Meanwhile, depending on how the question is asked, a majority of Americans basically think he's a criminal who belongs in jail.  So how could a guy like that get elected again?

My answer is that I hope in November 2024 Americans are thinking recovery and rape.  As in the Biden recovery.  If instead we are in the Biden recession, they may overlook the rape.  I think this verdict is more important than Stormy Daniels or a doorman saying something.  Hush money to a hooker is one thing.  Rape and sexual abuse is another.  Who wants to feel raped?  Or even just abused?

Actually, truth be told, most of the MAGA folks seemingly do.  As you said, they don't care.  But IMHO Trump raped them.  Trump raped the 2020 election.  Trump raped the Capitol.  Trump raped Kevin McCarthy on Jan. 6th.  Kevin was screaming "Rape" (almost) on the phone to Trump as it was happening, and literally screaming "Stop it now!"   Trump rapes, and rapes, and rapes, and rapes, and rapes.  And usually gets away with it. 

I'd rather we are taking about how he raped Georgia and raped the Capitol and raped the cops he says he loves and raped these voting machine companies in Summer and Fall 2024.  Not now.  That's when the verdict from the most important jury will likely be formed.

For now, I'm glad we can call Donald Trump, an abusive loser, what he is.  AN ABUSER!  A LOSER!  Please bring on the indictments.  And let's spend a year and a half talking about all the crimes of this loser.

True the time is NOW for DOJ and Fani Willis to dump ALL the indictments on Trump.    As the list grows longer, maybe, just maybe Americans minds may be swayed a bit..  I mean afterall,  how much can one person really ACCEPT ?     Pair that with the Dems hammering home on guns and abortion, and it may be a winning strategy... AND add to that the Dems must continue to paint the Supreme Court as a corrupt extension of the Republican party,  and as ethics and legal violations mount for the court,  voters can make THAT connection too, since the opinion of the court is already at an embarrassing low point.  !  

• Members
2 hours ago, Suckrates said:

True the time is NOW for DOJ and Fani Willis to dump ALL the indictments on Trump.    As the list grows longer, maybe, just maybe Americans minds may be swayed a bit..  I mean afterall,  how much can one person really ACCEPT ?     Pair that with the Dems hammering home on guns and abortion, and it may be a winning strategy... AND add to that the Dems must continue to paint the Supreme Court as a corrupt extension of the Republican party,  and as ethics and legal violations mount for the court,  voters can make THAT connection too, since the opinion of the court is already at an embarrassing low point.  !  

At the time the Jan. 6th hearings were happening, a lot of conservatives said it had made absolutely no difference in the polls.  The hearings were a big nothing burger.  And of course Biden got lots of pushback for trying to make the election about democracy, when people were mostly pissed about inflation.

Somehow, the red wave of 2022 never happened.  There's no truly objective way to know why.  Even if you read every poll.  People sort it out in their own minds. But it sure seems like all this stuff about democracy and Jan. 6th and election denial made a difference.

And as you said, both sides have their issues.  It's now clear a lot of people will vote Democratic simply because of abortion.  If Trump wins, it will be because of the economy, stupid.   A recession is what I think could take Biden out.  But even in a situation like that, for a lot of people it will be lesser of evils.  As it was last year, with inflation.  But the 2022 midterm results suggest that for a lot of people, the election denial and Jan. 6th and the whole Trump thing was just a bridge too far.  Even though I am a liberal, what I thought was particularly good is that all the "normie" conservatives (DeSantis, Kemp, Sununu, DeWine) did just fine.  But all the Trump election deniers went down in flames.  It could not have been more clear.  And yet, so far it seems the Trumpy Republican base basically doesn't give a shit.

One of my brothers, who I would describe as a right of center Independent, voted for Trump in 2016 and Biden in 2020.  The one candidate in his life who he  really wanted to vote for for POTUS was John McCain in 2008.  He and my Dad were both in the Navy.   So his whole thing in 2020 was that Trump was a "megalomaniac."  But I asked him if he had only voted on the economy in 2020, who would he have voted for.  He answered "Trump," in a heartbeat.  I asked him why.  He said, "My retirement account went up a lot." 

So he is an example of what I'm hoping is a majority of Americans who are not Biden fans, but just see Trump as a threat to values they actually do treasure.  The worse the economy is in exactly November 2024, the harder it is for Biden to ask people to overlook things like inflation.  

I hope Georgia is a big deal.  And I hope it pops in 2024, not now.  Right when people like my brother are focused on whether they can hold their nose and vote for Trump.  The unavoidable problem with Jack Smith is it is easy to say that he's tied to DOJ.  And so that's Biden.  And so it's just another political witch hunt.  Granted, Fani Willis is a Black Democrat like Alvin Bragg.  So she'll be attacked for that.  But most of the content of the case in Georgia is about Trump going after Republicans to lie and cheat and steal.  Raffensperger and his whole family were getting death threats.  There's not a lot of ambiguity in the phrase "find 11,780 votes."  And whatever anyone thinks about hush money to hookers, or even sexual abuse and defamation, stealing an election is a big deal.

• Members
On 1/31/2024 at 6:46 AM, Stable Genius said:

image.jpeg.ba8cf15e45dbb3870491330f08918daf.jpeg

Hate to rain on the parade of Trump insults with a dose of reality.   But that joke about Trump's pussy grabbing true self made me think of this:

Inside Trump's Election A-Team: Lean, Mean and Largely Unseen

This core campaign team of a half-dozen aides is unswervingly loyal to their boss and chooses to stay mostly in the background, the people interviewed said, marking a stark departure from Trump's previous, looser orbit of advisers which was characterized by infighting, media leaks and firings.

"There is no confusion about a chain of command," LaCivita told Reuters. "He's at the top."

All of that rings true to me.  It should come as no surprise that (__ immigrant or  ___ Gay  or  ___ leftist)  baiting Republicans can do worse than surround themselves with a bunch of mostly effective Roy Cohns.  Trump learned that himself a long time ago, of course.  It can certainly work well for a while.  Maybe even through a whole election campaign.

The obvious problem with this strategy is that it doesn't change who the person at the top is.  And the person at the top, Trump, is still a total fucking mess.  Technically, he is more of a total fucking mess than ever.  You want insurrection?  He's your guy.  You want rape?  He's your guy.  You want to see cops publicly be beaten savagely, so you can see what it looks like when the bones of cops break on national TV?  Trump is your guy.  He is a total fucking mess.  And the guy who rapes and lies and leads mobs to break the bones of cops when he loses an election is still there.  He is almost certainly going to be the Republican nominee.

So Trump, who hates losing, has been disciplined enough to allow a disciplined team to form around him.  Who no doubt COULD help him win.  Which is pretty much what happened after he won in 2016 and formed a fairly impressive Cabinet. 

How long did that last?  The thing about being a disciplined subordinate to Trump is that you can't change Trump from being Trump.  It may not be so obvious now, when people are mostly focused on all the things they don't like about Joe Biden.   But it will become obvious soon enough.   When Trump opens his mouth, it becomes obvious.  When Trump sends mobs to The Capitol to savagely beat cops because he needs to lie about being a loser, it becomes tragically obvious to the whole planet.

Here's a poll number that is brand new that shocked me.  And that I think is very bad news for Trump.  I will quote the question and answer verbatim.

30. Trump Disqualified Due to 14th Amendment According to the 14th Amendment, no person shall be able to hold office if they have engaged in insurrection or rebellion. Do you think Donald Trump should or should not be disqualified from holding office as a result of the 14th Amendment?

Should be disqualified:  47 %

Should not be disqualified   38 %

Not sure  15 %

How do you win the Presidency when 47 % of America thinks you should be disqualified from even running?  That's not going to go away.  The pussy grabbing and lies and rape and cop beating and chaos are not going to go away.  Even if Trump has a disciplined team around him.

The good news to the MAGA minority in that poll is that, in theory, that leaves 53 % of America that COULD vote for Trump.  But the truer number is probably closer to 38 % that actually WANT to vote for him.  It's shocking that only 38 % of Americans are certain that the Republican nominee should not be disqualified.  And 51 % of Americans with grabbable pussies (aka women) think he SHOULD be disqualified.  How do you win the votes of people who don't like you because you grab pussies, brag about it, and send people off to beat cops when you lose elections? 

That problem won't go away.  A good campaign team can try to hide it.  Especially while people are still mostly focused on how inflation or immigration suck, and Biden is to blame  But the insurrection part is not going to go away.  And the evidence from 2022, when inflation was a lot higher, is that Americans are much more likely to overlook inflation than they are to overlook insurrection.

This is why Trump is likely going to lose, regardless of what the polls now say.  This is what many smart Republicans who have won many elections are saying.  That Republicans will probably lose an election they could have won if they had nominated a candidate people actually like.  They are the same types of Republicans who were saying a year ago that DeSantis would turn out to be a weak, unlikable candidate with a flawed core strategy.  They were right.  They are probably going to be right again.

• Members
1 hour ago, forky123 said:

What's really shocking is that 38% of Americans think simply being old is worse than being a rapist, betraying your country's secrets as well as being old. 

Thanks for breaking up my text.  😉  There's one other polling thing I wanted to post that I think is vaguely relevant.  But I figured I was way over my verbosity quota already for one post.  So here I am, back for more.

The Most Popular Public Figures (Q4 2023)

67a5222a-5c70-11eb-8d48-eb9b21d67bdc.jpg  # 19, liked by 48 % of Americans

ddb8156b-fee8-11ed-9d53-6515ccbf4e2f.jpg  #46, liked by 41 % of Americans

Let me tell you how I got to this listing, before I tell you why it may help explain why Biden will beat Trump again.

I was thinking of how similar Trump and Arnold Schwarzenegger are in important regards. 

a58e390d-2d00-11e6-9dc6-455dca91e85a.jpg  #4, liked by 60 % of Americans

In addition to both being Republicans, they have the rare distinction of having risen to the top in three different fields.  Whereas most of us never get to the top in one.  For Schwarzenegger it was bodybuilding, then entertainment, then politics.  You could argue that is actually a step down each time.  😉  I tend to think the best time to be Arnie was when he was young and hot and unknown.  And everything was ahead of him.  Trump did close to the same thing:  real estate, then entertainment, then politics.  We can quibble over Trump's bankruptcies.  But both men rose to the top despite obstacles.  Arnie's biggest obstacle was a big waist in Career 1, and a funny voice in Career 2.  He rose above that.  Partly because he has always been good at people, and politics.  Trump is mostly good at people and politics, too.  He just proved that DeSantis is a rookie and introvert when it comes to people.  Which is what politics is about.

Now a bit about how they differ.  Schwarzenegger is an immigrant.  What I adore about him, as a Democrat, is his willingness to put politics aside and try to believe in what he thinks is best about America.  Trump has none of that.  He is a racist immigrant basher who consistently brings out the worst in America.  That is what Trump, like his mentor Roy Cohn, excels at.  Bringing out the worst in people.  As Schwarzenegger himself argued in his great speech after Jan. 6th.  He despises Trump and compares Jan. 6th to his experiences with pure evil as a boy in Nazi Austria.

So what all that led me to is checking out polls on Arnie's popularity.  Which I figured would be high.  I was right.  As a bonus, I found that poll above that actually compares Arnie, Biden, and Trump.  Arnie is #4.  Biden is #19, right next to Jill who is #21.   Trump is #46, and actually below both his wife (#35) and his daughter (#41).  People like Trump less than they like Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren, AOC, Condoleezza Rice, or Ben Carson.  I think that says a lot about the dynamics of this election.  Being the leader of a cult is not the same as people actually liking you.

In this poll, 48 % of Americans say they like Joe Biden.  Only 41 % say they like Donald Trump.  I think Biden gets to 48 % despite the fact that people don't particularly like what he has done on inflation and immigration.  I think Trump tops out at 41 % because of what people see he stands for.  Meanwhile, Arnie is liked by 60 % in this poll.  Maybe that's largely because of his Hollywood background.  But I think it's also because people respect what he stands for.  All three have won the top prizes they were eligible for in electoral politics.  If Arnie could run for POTUS, which he can't as immigrant, he'd probably kick the ass of either Biden or Trump.  It is easier to win an election when at least 50 % of the people like you.

I think this poll will factor in in the end.  In Spring 1980 Jimmy Carter was kicking Ronald Reagan's ass in the polls.  Even by late Spring, when John Anderson was in the race as an Independent, Carter consistently had a lead of 5 % or more in a three way race.  Not unlike what Trump has now, when you include RFK Jr.  We all know that didn't hold up in November 1980.  People may have liked Carter.  But they didn't like a 20 % misery index.  Again, the misery index now is LOWER than when Biden took office.  Trump created more misery, based on Reagan's misery index, and Biden has lowered the level of misery - as of today.

Why would people want more misery from someone they don't really like?  Most Americans DO NOT LIKE Donald Trump.  Almost half of all Americans, including just over half of women, think he should be disqualified for sending out his mob to beat the shit out of cops and try to kill democracy. 

I think this helps explain why Arnie has always been a winner.  And Trump only wins some of the time.  Being a narcissistic racist rapist pig, he of course does not understand his limits.  So he pushes himself too far, and loses.  That is what he is doing right now.  It explains why he will probably lose the election.  People just won't vote for a raping liar who they don't even like.

A few interesting side notes.  Arnie, like Trump, got into trouble for being incapable of keeping his dick in his pants.  In Arnie's case, it was a consensual relationship with a maid, which resulted in a love child.   People - but not his ex-wife -  seem to be willing to overlook that.  In Trump's case, it would have been rape if he could actually maintain an erection while raping.  People, especially women, may be less willing to overlook that.

This poll also suggest that America is either not racist, or less racist.  And we can thank Democrats for that.  Of the top five most popular public figures, one is the Queen and another is Arnie, a Republican immigrant.  So the three that were born in America are MLK, Barack Obama, and Michelle Obama.  (Fact check:  Obama was born in America.)  The fact that three of the five most liked public figures are Black, and all are closely associated with the Democratic Party, says a lot of good things about America.  So does the fact that a White immigrant who loves America was able to rise to the top of the Republican Party in his state. 

I'd like to think that the party of Lincoln will soon be the party of Nikki Haley and Tim Scott.  But don't hold your breath.  When it comes to trying to be less racist, there is no question that Democrats let MLK and the Obamas in.  With mostly open arms.  (Well, there was George Wallace, who at least asked for forgiveness.)  The Obamas, even more than the Bidens, stand for the Democratic Party today.  Don't hold your breath for Nikki Haley or Tim Scott.  Most of the Republican Party is rejecting them for a guy that Arnie, a Republican, compares to a Nazi.

This is why I think Trump is going to lose.