Leroy82

Hotmale beer bar

Hello guys, have always lurked in these forums especially when I'm heading towards Bangkok. As it happens, I'm heading there again soon, early July actually.

I have passed by these bars / pubs but never have I once made my way into one of these mainly because I don't think I can handle pushy mama-sans / papa-sans. That being said, I wonder if the situation will be better prior to the show. Say, 4 or 5pm in the evening? I wonder how should I actually tell the waiters if I want to off them and how to ask them (without being offensive) how they fare in the room, e.g. do they kiss etc? 🤣

Would appreciate some tips especially for newbies like me who have never once entered these premises alone hahaha

Dezz, I don't think there will be any action around the bars at 4 or 5. they usually open about 8. (except massage houses open all day).
Silom soi 4 opens about 5 but not really for staff for hire.
Good luck.
P.S. those pesky people are all mamasans, male or female (if you can tell the difference)

Welcome to the forum.

You worry too much and read too much into what is said here. How one can pass by boy bar without being inclined to go in is beyond  me , I thought only aspiring lesbians would pass such an opportunity.

First, while some mamasans are pushy by far pushy ones are not majority and even those pushy are not going to wrestle or rape you. Tell them you are watching, you wait for friend who is supposed to join you  or do what I do with stony face, tell them "I like girls ", nobody will believe you but they should get a message which is subtle ' fuck off" signal.

When you will be there you may want to signalize it here on the forum , they may be members who will do community service and gladly accompany you on your virgin visit(s).

I wish I'd be in such a position, sigh.

at 4 or 5 in the evening bars are still closed with exception of Hot male Beer bar w visiting which is not a bad idea for people in your position as boys there are very friendly and THERE'S NO MAMASAN.

bars are usually opening between 8-9 and rarely are in full swing before 9.30. Actually i think for shy types  it's not such great idea to come early as you may be accosted more often for lack of other victims while at show time bar is usually full and mamasans are busy dispensing drinks etc. 

I found Thais pretty straightforward and those working in bars hear it all many times but good form would be to offer drink, be it bar boy , waiter or mamasan if you have hots for them . Most of staff will be on offer although waiters and mamasans most likely only after bar will close .

While sitting with you just ask they if they go with you 'are you going with me?" , if they say yes  ask them about what is important to you , top, bottom , kiss etc. Don't try to be too sophisticated because English is their 2nd or perhaps 4th language so your question should be straightforward.

Kissing question is somewhat important as some boys do everything but won't kiss for some reason so you don't want to for force yourself on them. I ask kissing question after agreement to go is made so they know it's not condition for an off.

If you have boy sitting with you and you decide not to off him for whatever reason make sure :

1/ not to keep him too long as he may lose other opportunities

2/ tip him for his time 100-200 depending of length of time.

Make sure you let us know  about you impressions after you finally arrive     

Thanks for taking the effort to type this lengthy advice 😅 I'm sure I'll bear some of these pointers in mind when I'm there. I'm just worried if I were to stay there with just a drink and not ordering more, they will keep coming up to me to get me to order more HAHAHA. I do want to take my time to let my gaze wander around the boys etc. And part of the reason for wanting to be there earlier before the show actually starts is 1) the cute ones might get snatched up fast 2) their attention will be mainly on me (assuming I'm one of the first few customers for the night LOL? Of course, like what some of you pointed out, those off-able boys may not be there yet but I'm actually open to any one that catches my eye, be it the servers, the cook etc HAHAHA

While I understand that English is not their main language, I do have google translate readily available. However, I did encounter one boy (from Grindr) who promised to kiss but when he turned up, gave half-hearted ones and left it at that. I'm a sucker for kisses. Which is why I'm not sure if they will deliver what they promise even if you ask them upfront. If they don't deliver, do we take a cut from the agreed price? Is that ethical? 

Once again, thank you for your inputs and I do hope I will find time to update here when I'm there. And if there are forumers out there who wants to have a drink when I'm there, we can always meet up :) 

Dezz, I don't think there will be any action around the bars at 4 or 5. they usually open about 8. (except massage houses open all day).
Silom soi 4 opens about 5 but not really for staff for hire.
Good luck.
P.S. those pesky people are all mamasans, male or female (if you can tell the difference)

But from the OP, upstairs should be the place where the show goes on? And the ground floor is where people gather to chat and drinks? If so, I don't mind hanging out there for a start if there's even people for me to look in the evening. 

8pm is better time to chat up guys at bars to see whether they are keen to go off with you. They normally have their dinner at that time.

Hmm okay, maybe I need to think about the time to visit there as well. But I always thought it's more difficult to chat up with the boys when there are more people (customers) and also the loud music lol

I’m not sure what you mean by this? Would they find this offensive?

Leroy, 

how you would feel if we met in Bangkok being there at the same time  and in  my report you would read " Yesterday I met over dinner at Unesco new member Leroy 82 , he seemed genuinely nice guy and looked as good fuck " ?

Leroy, 

how you would feel if we met in Bangkok being there at the same time  and in  my report you would read " Yesterday I met over dinner at Unesco new member Leroy 82 , he seemed genuinely nice guy and looked as good fuck " ?

He's 82?😳

I'm just worried if I were to stay there with just a drink and not ordering more, they will keep coming up to me to get me to order more......

...... Which is why I'm not sure if they will deliver what they promise even if you ask them upfront. If they don't deliver, do we take a cut from the agreed price? Is that ethical? 

You are building too much science around bar visit , I'm afraid,  killing your fun in process. Just go and do it. Things solve itself.

I almost never buy second drink for myself and nobody ever threw me out  from bar because of that. Yes,  they will pass and ask if you want another one but NO is well understood. After all that's w the waiters job to make sure you are watered.

In drastic case when boy really doesn't keep his word cutting or even denying tip could be justified but only if you are sure he understood well your requests. ( I had once guy from old Dreamboys who refused to undress and shower and was on the phone first 30 minutes in the room until I threw him out, my worst off ever). In all other cases I'd chalk it off to experience, pay and  wave good bye.  

But from the OP, upstairs should be the place where the show goes on? And the ground floor is where people gather to chat and drinks? If so, I don't mind hanging out there for a start if there's even people for me to look in the evening. 

Hmm okay, maybe I need to think about the time to visit there as well. But I always thought it's more difficult to chat up with the boys when there are more people (customers) and also the loud music lol

at Hot Male you actually have 3 bars, Gogo bar upstairs where shows are, beer bar upstairs and beer bar downstairs, on street level and perfect people watching spot where you can drink from early evening chatting with v boys and making your arrangements if so inclined. Nobody will consider it weird if after hour or two you leave and then return in another hour or two.

thinking too much causes unnecessary headaches, specially for uninitiated so again, don't worry and just go. Don't forget money though

I doubt, while I don't go for vacation to save money since staying at home does better job in this department I'm not big on freeloaders. While I understand buying drinks for all boys present , why to treat other patrons the same way ?

But yes I will ring the bell next time when it will be situation I had one afternoon last trip  , Aung behind the counter and me , only patron . Cheap  fun

Did that for tips once at Nice Boys 2019. amazing where they all come in from outside for a total of 17 of them...

We should pay what we agreed even if we're disappointed and not try to insist on a discount. It's the risk we take. What we do instead is to pay more than agreed if we are happy with the service.

I disagree with this and think doing so makes "some" guys think they can get paid for doing the least possible and makes it a perpetual problem. If you have children, you don't reward poor 
behavior. This is something I've run into in Cuba over the years and it pisses me off, they know what they're doing and look for people to just pay them for doing nothing or very little.

I'm CRYSTAL clear to what we're going to do and to make sure there is no "lost in translation" I have the mamasan confer and agreements are made.....it's a 2-way street, if all is good, they fulfill their part I fulfill  my part....no contracts needed, like in Pattaya, lol

I brought guys back to Super A and old dreamboys because of NON-performance.....not angrily, just looking for option B.

I've said many times here, If you are a tourist....a lost night is a lost night, can't recoup that. And every night is too precious to lose to a dud.

I disagree with this and think doing so makes "some" guys think they can get paid for doing the least possible and makes it a perpetual problem.

Is that really such severe problem ? How many times per trip you have situation when you boy does the least possible ? 0.07 ?

My problems seem to be more time than performance, I don't like if they  want   head  home too soon. 

We should pay what we agreed even if we're disappointed and not try to insist on a discount. It's the risk we take. What we do instead is to pay more than agreed if we are happy with the service.

I disagree with this and think doing so makes "some" guys think they can get paid for doing the least possible and makes it a perpetual problem. If you have children, you don't reward poor 
behavior. This is something I've run into in Cuba over the years and it pisses me off, they know what they're doing and look for people to just pay them for doing nothing or very little.

I'm CRYSTAL clear to what we're going to do and to make sure there is no "lost in translation" I have the mamasan confer and agreements are made.....it's a 2-way street, if all is good, they fulfill their part I fulfill  my part....no contracts needed, like in Pattaya, lol

I brought guys back to Super A and old dreamboys because of NON-performance.....not angrily, just looking for option B.

I've said many times here, If you are a tourist....a lost night is a lost night, can't recoup that. And every night is too precious to lose to a dud.

Wow ,you have to have a lot of confidence to do that though , bringing the boy back to the bar .

I agree with you ,though I probably don't have the same confidence as you 

My problems seem to be more time than performance, I don't like if they  want   head  home too soon. 

Same difference.....in my cases, I've had many guys try to weasel out with excuses, drunk can't get hard, too many problems with family "can't concentrate", the list goes on....you have your share, I pay attention to what you post 😉

It happened to me with  the  very first guy I ever offed; Cockpit, August 1995....he must be a grandfather now! I was so much a newbie that I blamed myself for my inadequacies. He, however, apologised and said it was because he had had sex the previous night! That didn't wash even with someone as clueless as me.

Anyway, clueless though I was, I was wise enough to say "mai pen rai" (the Thai idiom  for "don't worry about it") , things will be better tomorrow and   paid him the usual fee ....500bht I think.

And things were better the next time. And remained so. 

Leroy, 

I’d be flattered, certainly not offended or insulted x

@Deszz24 My reading of your posts tells me that your primary objective is to visit a Gogo bar, maybe see a performance and take a lad off. Because you just wrote "bar" in your posts, and even mentioned the thought of going as early as 5pm, you are getting replies that are unrelated to gogo bars. Regulars here on this forum can deduce what  kind of bar is being referred to in the replies (e.g. from references to Soi 4, beer bar, etc), but I don't know if you can.

Assuming that my reading of your primary intention is correct, there really is just one way to go about it, time-wise and action-wise. Gogo bars open a little after 9pm. There are hardly any customers until about 9:30 or 9:45pm. The shows usually start around 10:30 and finish around 11:15 or 11:30pm. Customer numbers peak during the show and melt away quite quickly after 11:30pm.

As a newbie, it may be best to time yourself to the busy period between 10 and 11:30. Otherwise, half the boys and all four mamasans will be targetting you. As Vinapu said, "it's not such great idea to come early as you may be accosted more often for lack of other victims while at show time bar is usually full and mamasans are busy dispensing drinks etc. "

Don't try to control or expect to control what the boy will or will not do in the room. Go with the flow, and understand that like everybody, they have their limits. Or they may say yes to something but do not deliver. It is a gamble. Even experienced members in this forum have disappointments. We should pay what we agreed even if we're disappointed and not try to insist on a discount. It's the risk we take. What we do instead is to pay more than agreed if we are happy with the service.

And something not mentioned so far: Bring plenty of small change when visitng gogo bars. Best would be to pay the bar tab with the exact amount and not with large bills.

Well, my supposed plan was to just have one or two drinks at the bar, see if I can spot any attractive guys working there and if there is chemistry, propose to off him for ST/LT depending. But I have read several posts about not offering LT for the first time just so to gauge how the boy fares for ST? I'm not that particularly keen on the performance because I did watch with friends in the past and it doesn't really interest me lol What I didn't get to do back then was to off a guy from the gogo bars lol

Will take note of the prime time which is supposedly the ideal time to get the least attention from the mama-sans (if I read that right).

About what the boys can do / will do, I feel that as long as they give their assurance that they will be able to commit to that act (kissing in my case), they should do their part. Otherwise, they could have just declined or said no when I asked if they could do it. 

And thanks for the tip about bringing smaller notes. I already made a mental note to break up my bigger ones and only use them at the bars 🤣

you have your share, I pay attention to what you post 😉

I did but as I said I chalk  it off to experience and rarely  reduce tip if agreed in advance. On another hand next time I see  boy and he is trying to get an off I'm not shy to tell him why not or if yes( I believe in 2nd chances) I still tell them what I did not like last time- usually such bluntness bring substantial improvement if not outright works miracles.