stevenkesslar

Why Biden Might Lose ............ It's The Economy, Stupid

29 minutes ago, unicorn said:

They were polling people on the news on what they had against Biden "He's responsible for the gas prices," the Trump supporter said. The one thing Biden has virtually no control over. The most he can do is encourage alternative energy sources, which is what he's done.

A President has little to do with gas prices, interest rates, the price of groceries, etc.  The Saudi's and others control the price of crude and the building of refineries for gas in the USA has been at a standstill for a long time which contributes to high gas pump prices. 

The Federal Reserve Board, headed by a Republican, made some serious mistakes and has reacted to the mistakes by raising interest rates high.  My condo assessments are rising 40% because of GOP Florida Governor / GOP legislature mandates, my auto insurance is rising, my condo homeowner insurance has risen 200% in several years due to climate disasters. A President has nothing to do with these things. 

Biden's advisors are failing him by not constructing a better response narrative of the "why" for economic conditions.  The GOP has always been better tossing the Molotov Cocktails, but things change and the election is a year away - and the GOP led House is, once again, demonstrating Republicans don't know how to lead. 

I had hoped there would be a different Democratic nominee than Biden but given a choice between Biden and America-hater / political terrorist Donald Trump - I think the nation will once again elect Biden.

4 hours ago, Mavica said:

Biden's advisors are failing him by not constructing a better response narrative of the "why" for economic conditions.  The GOP has always been better tossing the Molotov Cocktails, but things change and the election is a year away - and the GOP led House is, once again, demonstrating Republicans don't know how to lead. 

The question is already being asked...

https://time.com/6321085/house-speaker-steve-scalise-jim-jordan-white/

8 hours ago, unicorn said:

They were polling people on the news on what they had against Biden "He's responsible for the gas prices," the Trump supporter said. The one thing Biden has virtually no control over. The most he can do is encourage alternative energy sources, which is what he's done.

I assume this post was comical.

The Senile Old Fool shut down the Dakota Pipeline, shut down the Keystone Pipeline, banned fracking on federal lands, and severely reduced the approval of permits for offshore drilling.

That is why the price of gasoline is 25% higher under the SOF than under President Trump:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2023/03/08/average-gasoline-prices-under-the-past-four-presidents/?sh=5dffff8964e6

6 hours ago, KeepItReal said:

Funny how some people insist on relying on polls instead of facts. 

And the facts are that Biden's approval level has tanked and continues to fall. And Trump is leading Biden in the RCP poll of polls.
And that's the facts.

Cue to @JKane  TIme for more stupid jpegs.
We all realize you are unable to express your thoughts using your own words.

• Members
12 hours ago, EmmetK said:

...The Senile Old Fool shut down the Dakota Pipeline, shut down the Keystone Pipeline, banned fracking on federal lands, and severely reduced the approval of permits for offshore drilling.

That is why the price of gasoline is 25% higher under the SOF than under President Trump:

That's preposterous, and I'm sure you know it. Obviously, the pipelines weren't operating under Trump, either, and even if they were (which they weren't), the effect would be tiny--certainly not 25%. 

Both Biden and Trump are old. Neither are senile. To say this shows ignorance.

They are both too old to be running IMHO. But, don't do double standards.

I am not sure why the Democrats are unwilling to part ways. I know why the Republicans are unwilling as it is because they believe everything Trump says regardless of accuracy. It is a cult.

I don't know who in the Democratic party could take the mantle but Harris won't win.

For Republicans, I do like Chisty. But, he does not the poll results either.

7 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Both Biden and Trump are old. Neither are senile. To say this shows ignorance.

They are both too old to be running IMHO. But, don't do double standards.

I am not sure why the Democrats are unwilling to part ways. I know why the Republicans are unwilling as it is because they believe everything Trump says regardless of accuracy. It is a cult.

I don't know who in the Democratic party could take the mantle but Harris won't win.

For Republicans, I do like Chisty. But, he does not the poll results either.

You may find this article interesting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/04/25/top-10-democrats-president-rankings-biden/

Lots of talent out there. 😁

49 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

You may find this article interesting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/04/25/top-10-democrats-president-rankings-biden/

Lots of talent out there. 😁

9,7,5,1 are all good talents for sure and I would vote for them. Not Bernie even thought I align with his ideas more than most. However, I don't think Pete would win nationally as a gay man. I wish that weren't the case. Biden did not set Harris up to be successful (intentional).

10 hours ago, unicorn said:

That's preposterous, and I'm sure you know it. Obviously, the pipelines weren't operating under Trump, either, and even if they were (which they weren't), the effect would be tiny--certainly not 25%. 

I never said the 2 pipelines were operating. They were under construction. Well on their way to bringing Canadian oil into the US. But the SOF shut them down. He also banned fracking on federal lands.

The idiot is a pawn of the far left Green New Deal advocates.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/06/gas-prices-have-doubled-since-biden-took-office/

12 hours ago, unicorn said:

Got to wonder how the stopping of two pipelines in northern US caused the UK and Europe's prices to go up hugely at the same time:

image.thumb.png.e79543738113cd90c90fab5ca846ba72.png

Seems blaming Biden is just another GOP lie and the easiest thing for Trump supporters to do. 

• Members
5 hours ago, EmmetK said:

I never said the 2 pipelines were operating...

Yes, you did. You said Biden shut down the pipelines. One can't shut something down that isn't open to begin with. You did NOT say he shut down the construction. Even if it had been possible for those to be running by now, the impact, as you well know, would have been negligible. 

17 hours ago, unicorn said:

Yes, you did. You said Biden shut down the pipelines. One can't shut something down that isn't open to begin with. You did NOT say he shut down the construction. Even if it had been possible for those to be running by now, the impact, as you well know, would have been negligible. 

These were pipelines under construction. When completed would have brought tens of thousands of barrels of oil from Canada Tens of thousands that wouldn't have to be imported from the middle east.

3 hours ago, forky123 said:

You mis-spelled Russian attacks on Ukraine. 

Ohh, yeah...

“We are imposing a complete siege on Ukraine,” Putin said. “There will be no electricity, no food, no water, no fuel. Everything will be closed.”

“We are fighting human animals and we act accordingly,” Putin said.

Sorry for misspelling of the name of Israel minister of defense Gallant.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/israel-defense-minister-human-animals-gaza-palestine_n_6524220ae4b09f4b8d412e0a

3 minutes ago, Moses said:

Ohh, yeah...

“We are imposing a complete siege on Ukraine,” Putin said. “There will be no electricity, no food, no water, no fuel. Everything will be closed.”

“We are fighting human animals and we act accordingly,” Putin said.

Sorry for misspelling of the name of Israel minister of defense Gallant.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/israel-defense-minister-human-animals-gaza-palestine_n_6524220ae4b09f4b8d412e0a

Really not sure what Israel has to do with me. You seem to get very confused on what people are discussing. 

46 minutes ago, forky123 said:

Really not sure what Israel has to do with me. You seem to get very confused on what people are discussing. 

Nope. If you didn't get idea, that's not my fault. War Israel-Palestine kicked oil prices up, not canceled pipelines in US. About that "same time" was my first remark. Why you add here Russia - I have no idea.