vinapu

Summer in Bangkok, another trip report this year

9 minutes ago, scott456 said:

On the other hand, I am quite picky about sucking cocks.  That's why I travel this far.

I guess you don't complain about  them being unhygienic. Sometimes they may be  of strange shape or deformed by mooks  but unhygienic, no.

7 minutes ago, omega said:

But the food on the street is good. Just gotta pick the stuff that's cooked right in front of you.

I think they have  good idea of how much they will sell cooking only that much. Whatever is left is eaten by family at end of day, at least this is what one of bar boys, during day selling food from family stand somewhere at Huay Kwang,  told me.

• Members
7 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I guess you don't complain about  them being unhygienic. Sometimes they may be  of strange shape or deformed by mooks  but unhygienic, no.

I make sure they are washed and cleaned, or I can ask them to wash again.  During covid, I spray hand sanitizer on their cocks.

3 hours ago, omega said:

Not quite at war with the food courts...

But the food on the street is good. Just gotta pick the stuff that's cooked right in front of you.

Also safer if you have your own plate and cutlery!

13 hours ago, vinapu said:

When comes to boys and food my advice is only to watch what they order and make sure they finish it off. It happens often that out of 1000 bill 200 is for mine and rest for theirs and still they  are leaving a lot unfinished.  That is what I don't like and make sure they get " a look" from me.

What do they order that costs 800 baht!

15 hours ago, scott456 said:

I am not picky about food, but I don't eat at food stalls on the street in Thailand.  They just don't seem hygienic.

It's an inaquraete generalisation , stalls on the street in Thailand are cheap and clean many locals are eating there ,from my experience the stalls with the longer queues are the best .

16 hours ago, vinapu said:

When comes to boys and food my advice is only to watch what they order and make sure they finish it off. It happens often that out of 1000 bill 200 is for mine and rest for theirs and still they  are leaving a lot unfinished.  That is what I don't like and make sure they get " a look" from me.

It's the Thai tendency to order lots kind of dishes to the table and share between all diners it can be justified when the table is full but It's becoming annoying when they are doing it when only you and your local guy are eating when it's clear there is no way you can't eat so much food only the two of you and it's a waste of food. I usually don't allow it and ask him to order a dish or two maximum for each .

6 hours ago, Boy69 said:

It's the Thai tendency to order lots kind of dishes to the table and share between all diners......

I understand it and chalk it off to cultural differences when it happens first time.  But if we dined before , sometimes even few times  then he should know routine. 

Not fundamental issue and I don't mind spending money as eating together apart from filling stomach is a lot of fun but I'm opposing to wasting food that way, any way in fact. 

Mac, from Gayguides, is the opposite. I invite him to come to the hotel for breakfast, before a tour, and I have to almost force him to eat. I point out that actually I get breakfast for 2 included in my room rate at Le Meredien! And he should eat what he likes. He says, 'do you think I can have another coconut juice?' Sweet, and/or polite, but almost aggravating! Same at lunch. I always buy lunch for the guide and the driver, and Mac is always very modest. I do give him a good tip! 

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

Perhaps your eating cycle is not aligning with his and he doesn't want to come to your hotel with empty stomach ?

He always eats a lot when I keep on at him, and also puts stuff in his bag, so I don't think it's a cycle issue. I takes him 90 mins to get to the hotel, enough time to work up an appetite!

3 hours ago, 18past19 said:

I miss it (and LOS overall as a whole) so much so that i just booked another trip impulsively last night. 

1 hour ago, Keithambrose said:

Funny, so did I, for March!

it was something in the air because I almost did the same but still decided to hold for better pricing and/ or connections. I know, naive me 

I really enjoyed my very first Songkran this year. no I couldnt go out much for water fights during the daytime since the heat was unbearable. but i had a great time going out at nights. music, water, half naked hot guys and drinks everywhere .. what's not to like?
I was conditioned to miss Songkran every time I listen to this song, since it was everywhere, wherever i went last Songkran. 

I always have a plan to go to Songkran again next year. while listening to this song last night, I was just browsing through air fares and found a decent deal on Qatar airlines. I thought air fares could be quite expensive for Songkran period because of its popularity. But maybe not necessarily for flights departing from where i live. So, out of an impulsive act, I transferred my Amex points to Qatar and booked a flight. 
now time to look for hotels. 
🙂

I can see attraction to the song, I'm already humming along after watching that clip.

As for Songkran it looks it one of things people have  strong opinion about, including our member. Some like you recommend it heartily and there quite a few of others. On another hand there are those who profess to trying to escape for that period or going into seclusion  for those few days.

as for hotels, I can imagine it may be hard to get something at decent price closer to holiday so I'd be booking something at least for those holiday days. 

2 hours ago, 18past19 said:

it was around 1 am near Fake club last Songkran. We first attempted to get into Fake club, but it was completely packed and the line waiting outside was super long.  so we gave up Fake club and instead went to a different one nearby.  

I was in fake club.  You literally couldn’t move at times! But a lot of fun across Songkran festivities