CurtisD

How do Thais View the Chinese?

6 minutes ago, vinapu said:

if you don't have sex you shower first to what?

I do it just to keep myself clean and feeling clean, as well as not to give off any farang odours in parts of the world where farang are less common. Apart from odours expelled during excessive sweating, we all tend to smell of what we have generally eaten.  

5 hours ago, PeterRS said:

I do it just to keep myself clean and feeling clean, as well as not to give off any farang odours in parts of the world where farang are less common. Apart from odours expelled during excessive sweating, we all tend to smell of what we have generally eaten.  

I believe that the Japanese think that we smell of fish!

• Members
54 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

I believe that the Japanese think that we smell of fish!

It's shit, not fish.  One time I got off my longhaul flight and wait in immigration line at BKK.  The farang in front of me smell like he just shit in the pants.   Too bad I was right behind him and had to endure the ordeal. 

I think a lot of people do not use their sense of smell very acutely. I recall a flight from Amsterdam to Hong Kong in economy class. Until the doors were about closed, I thought the seat next to me would be empty. Then a tall Dutch guy entered and sat in it. Unfortunately he then took off his shoes. I cannot tell you how awful was the smell emanating from those shoes and his socks. Mabe I should have said something, but I endured that flight and hated almost every minute of it.

One reason I enjoy being with Chinese from the southern regions of the country is the rather sweet skin smell which comes from a diet heavy on rice. This is not so prominent in the northern Provinces where rice is not as common in the diet. Oddly I do not get that with Japanese and so there must be some other food helping produce that smell. On the other hand, Japanese rice is very different from Chinese grown rice. Having lived in Hong Kong for 20 years I became very accustomed to that.

4 hours ago, scott456 said:

It's shit, not fish.  One time I got off my longhaul flight and wait in immigration line at BKK.  The farang in front of me smell like he just shit in the pants.   Too bad I was right behind him and had to endure the ordeal. 

you could exercise freedom of moving back to end of line

• Members
On 10/29/2023 at 7:36 PM, vinapu said:

Surprisingly perhaps when in Thailand I do take a shower right away and ask boys I'm hosting to do the same. 

Only when you are in Thailand? You allow yourself to rot in your farang land? Or because you are too lazy to clean your shitty shower stall at home?

4 hours ago, CurtisD said:

Bangkok Guy wants it to be just the two of us, but he can’t conscientiously make that decision.

You have just captured saving face reality for thais in your story perfectly. What bangkok guy wants and what he must do can be very diff. While his family and sister might not be able to tolerate him not staying with his sister as the mother wants, if it comes from you, a farang, who has been providing to the family, it becomes more tolerable. You have no obligation like what bangkok guy is expected to do and its unfair to ask from you to do the same. Indirectly, bangkok guy wants you to take the blame for his inability to stay with the sister, but he went around with it by not choosing the ideal apartment for that. 

If you proceed with 2 bedroom apartment, the sister might be tempted or obligated to stay with you guyse forever. Staying in living room might gives a reason for the sister to find her own place sooner as well. Hence the insistent on one bedroom in the beginning, with a larger living room, to show that he at least thinks of his sister. 

Not sure if i made sense of bangkok guy ways of thinking. But from your story, this is what i understood lol

2 hours ago, spoon said:

You have just captured saving face reality for thais in your story perfectly. What bangkok guy wants and what he must do can be very diff. While his family and sister might not be able to tolerate him not staying with his sister as the mother wants, if it comes from you, a farang, who has been providing to the family, it becomes more tolerable. You have no obligation like what bangkok guy is expected to do and its unfair to ask from you to do the same. Indirectly, bangkok guy wants you to take the blame for his inability to stay with the sister, but he went around with it by not choosing the ideal apartment for that. 

If you proceed with 2 bedroom apartment, the sister might be tempted or obligated to stay with you guyse forever. Staying in living room might gives a reason for the sister to find her own place sooner as well. Hence the insistent on one bedroom in the beginning, with a larger living room, to show that he at least thinks of his sister. 

Not sure if i made sense of bangkok guy ways of thinking. But from your story, this is what i understood lol

finally voice of reason