Bingo T Dog

Trump Says All Immigrants Are "Poisoning The Blood" of the US.

https://www.aol.com/news/trump-repeats-poisoning-blood-anti-221431017.html  I guess we've been "poisoning the blood" for the last 200 years (maybe longer).  This includes legal immigrants according to Trump.  I wonder if he considers his own family "poisoned" by Jared Kushner marrying Ivanka and having children.  Melania immigrated here.  Is Barron "poisoned"?

14 hours ago, Bingo T Dog said:

https://www.aol.com/news/trump-repeats-poisoning-blood-anti-221431017.html  I guess we've been "poisoning the blood" for the last 200 years (maybe longer).  This includes legal immigrants according to Trump.  I wonder if he considers his own family "poisoned" by Jared Kushner marrying Ivanka and having children.  Melania immigrated here.  Is Barron "poisoned"?

LOL. 
WOW.  What a STUPID and MISLEADING title.
Trump didn't say ALL immigrants. He was referring to ILLEGAL immigrants.
Do you understand the definition of the word "illegal" ? They are breaking US law! Here is a fact, criminals do poison the blood of America when they commit crimes.

Even if you didn't watch Trump's speech, did you even bother reading the link to the article you posted? I'll make it easy for you. Here is the first line (I even underlined and emboldened the words in question to make it as easy as possible for you to understand:

DURHAM, New Hampshire (Reuters) -Donald Trump, the Republican presidential frontrunner, said on Saturday that undocumented immigrants were "poisoning the blood of our country," repeating language that has previously drawn criticism as xenophobic and echoing of Nazi rhetoric.

Dems like you see the polls. Biden is losing in every poll, and losing badly. So you have to resort to fake news and lies. It won't help. Senile Joe Dementia will be out of a job in a year. He will need all of his wits as he will be a material witness in Hunter's trial on felony charges.

Americans are sick of Biden and Biden's policies. They are sick of high crime, open borders; billions going to house illegals; feed them, provide medical care, etc., while millions of Americans are homeless; boys competing in girls' sports, the fentanyl crisis brough on by open borders. That's what Americans care about, NOT Trump's criticism of illegals.

Trump promised to return us to the policies of his first Presidency, namely low inflation, low food and gas prices, protecting our borders, low unemployment and no wars! Oh, the horror!  Everybody run for the hills!   lol.

22 minutes ago, Bingo T Dog said:

RESTRICT LEGAL IMMIGRATION ALSO.  LISTEN TO HIS WORDS. I WONDER IF HE THINKS ALL THOSE MAGA RALLY PEOPLE ARE DESCENDENTS OF THE MAYFLOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Restricting Legal immigration is VERY different than your title of this thread. Why didn't you title this thread: Trump seeks to limit legal immigration? Instead, you chose to mislead and distract with a lie. Not just a white lie, but a whopper of a lie. Fact: Trump never said what you claim he did.

I don't see a lot of large-breasted Swedes in migrant caravans. I don't see a lot of large breasted Swedes standing on the border, waiting to cross ILLEGALLY.

Trump, like most Americans, want law abiding citizens to enter the US. Not drug dealers and criminals. And this isn't being accomplished with Biden's open border, come one - come all policy.

1 hour ago, EmmetK said:

Do you understand the definition of the word "illegal"

The problem is the immigrant haters lump all immigrants into that...asylum seekers are legal, since seeking asylum is legal, but I'll bet you won't accept that either.

As far as the polls, too early still. I ran for politics in Texas years ago, most people make their final decision when they step into the voting booth, both sides have their steadfast voters, but it's the undecided and independents that swing the vote.

If Trump looses, will be a repeat of last time... 

1 hour ago, EmmetK said:

Restricting Legal immigration is VERY different than your title of this thread. Why didn't you title this thread: Trump seeks to limit legal immigration? Instead, you chose to mislead and distract with a lie. Not just a white lie, but a whopper of a lie. Fact: Trump never said what you claim he did.

I don't see a lot of large-breasted Swedes in migrant caravans. I don't see a lot of large breasted Swedes standing on the border, waiting to cross ILLEGALLY.

Trump, like most Americans, want law abiding citizens to enter the US. Not drug dealers and criminals. And this isn't being accomplished with Biden's open border, come one - come all policy.

He should have built a wall!!!  Maybe Mexico would help pay???  Maybe Steve Bannon could help???

35 minutes ago, Bingo T Dog said:

We have learned to know his TRUE intent behind his words.

Thank you for at least admitting that you knowingly lied.

And how you choose to interpret Trump's words is not the title of this thread.

The title of this thread is: 'Trump says all Immigrants are "Poisoning The Blood" of the US'.(my bold highlights).

If what you say is true, why didn't you title it, "Even though Trump clearly said Illegal Immigrants are...... But I think what he meant was......"

Instead, you chose to lie. Not just an ordinary lie, but a whopper of a Lie.

Your post also says, "This includes legal immigrants according to Trump."  Another lie, especially since you admit that you know Trump was only referring to ILLEGAL immigrants.

I repeat my question, Why do you lie? And why do you lie so often?

• Members
1 hour ago, floridarob said:

The problem is the immigrant haters lump all immigrants into that...asylum seekers are legal, since seeking asylum is legal, but I'll bet you won't accept that either.

As far as the polls, too early still. I ran for politics in Texas years ago, most people make their final decision when they step into the voting booth, both sides have their steadfast voters, but it's the undecided and independents that swing the vote.

If Trump looses, will be a repeat of last time... 

A continuation of his election denial would be no surprise.

Sadly the Repubs use the border to stir up the electorate and win votes.  They have not passed any new immigration policy, long time.  

34 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

Thank you for at least admitting that you knowingly lied.

And how you choose to interpret Trump's words is not the title of this thread.

The title of this thread is: 'Trump says all Immigrants are "Poisoning The Blood" of the US'.(my bold highlights).

If what you say is true, why didn't you title it, "Even though Trump clearly said Illegal Immigrants are...... But I think what he meant was......"

Instead, you chose to lie. Not just an ordinary lie, but a whopper of a Lie.

Your post also says, "This includes legal immigrants according to Trump."  Another lie, especially since you admit that you know Trump was only referring to ILLEGAL immigrants.

I repeat my question, Why do you lie? And why do you lie so often?

I do not lie.  Perhaps you should be asking Plump why he lies so much.

• Members

So my Christmas wish from Santa is an immigration and aid funding package for Ukraine.

Here's a few facts that matter:

70 % of Americans want Biden to issue new, stricter policies to reduce the flow of people coming across the border.  55 % of Democrats want Biden to do this, along with overwhelming majorities of Independents and Republicans.

In the same poll, Americans are split almost right down the middle on aid for both Israel and Ukraine.  Independents oppose either package by exactly 47/53.  But a solid majority, 65 %, oppose any aid package without additional border security funding.

Did I mention 2024 is an election year?  Did I mention Biden's approval ratings suck?

I was hoping for a Republican House majority in 2022 for two reasons.  One positive, one negative.  The negative reason was that, like in 1994 and 2010, a House Republican shit show would give a Democratic President a foil to run against.  Worked in 1996 and 2012.  Back then it was government shutdowns.  Now they can't even elect a Speaker.  So the Republicans have surpassed my negative expectations.  The positive reason was they would force Biden to compromise.  Or, depending on what you believe, it would give Biden political cover to compromise.  The House Republican shit show has been so effective that they haven't really gotten to the point of actually legislating.  But it is not too late.  And I think Biden needs both the negative - dysfunctional Republicans and an indicted Trump - and the positive - his ability to compromise and get stuff done.

So, to me, this is a complete political no brainer.  And it is an excellent example of Ruy Teixeira's endless rant about how progressive Democrats are deeply committed to making the perfect the enemy of the good.  If progressives want to be humane, how does electing Trump help immigrants at the border?  How does electing Trump help Palestinians?   Mostly Trump 2.0 is all about how they are infecting our blood, or being vermin, or something else like that.

Ben Shapiro just made a similar observation in an op/ed.  But he went negative/negative rather than positive/negative.  He said one reason Trump can definitely beat Biden is people have negative views of Biden.  Especially relating to inflation and the economy.  But he added that one other thing helping Trump is that right now Trump is mostly out of sight.  Most of the news is about someone with the last name Biden.  So Trump is not reminding people of what they don't like about him.  That will change when the primaries and court trials really get going.  Shapiro, a Trump fan boy, wonders out loud whether Trump can survive the number Trump is about to do on himself.  I agree.  If it is true that Trump wins when he shuts up and let's Biden talk, it is also true that Biden wins when Trump dominates the debate.

So I think Biden and Democrats need to shut up pass a bill on immigration and aid.  And I hope Trump rants as much and as loud as he wants.  And someone should teach him a little German.  I know we're not supposed to compare everything to Hitler and Nazism.  But all that stuff about "vermin" and "blood" sounds so much more menacing in the original. 

07_OE_Plakat_geschnitten.png

And I am curious whether Trump intentionally left out the part about the knife, because he doesn't speak German.  Or maybe he thinks talking about slitting the throats of vermin (Juden, in the original context) would simply be going a bit too far.  Hopefully the latter.  Hopefully we never have to find out in 2025.

• Members
13 hours ago, EmmetK said:

Trump promised to return us to the policies of his first Presidency, namely low inflation, low food and gas prices, protecting our borders, low unemployment and no wars! Oh, the horror!  Everybody run for the hills!   lol.

Well, my guess is everybody will run to the ballot box in 2024.  That's one good thing.  Democracy may be particularly nasty right now.  But so far it is alive and well.

I obviously agree with you more than I disagree on immigration.  Democrats are losing the debate.  And badly.  The only caveat I would add is that many of the people arguing for tighter immigration control are Democratic Mayors.

And on inflation, I also mostly agree.  Right or wrong, it's the inflation, stupid.  That's clearly hurting Biden more than anything else.  And, no, most people really don't give a shit that inflation spiked higher in most other nations, and dropped quicker in the United States.  Again, it's the inflation, stupid.

That said, I think Republicans would be silly to count their indictments before they are hatched.  🤔

I'm all for remembering the good old days, when inflation and unemployment was low.  But we should also remind ourselves that in Nov. 2020 when voters fired Trump (yes, really, they did - which is another thing that will hurt Trump as the trials get started) the misery index (CPI + unemployment) was 7.87.  As Reagan famously proved, the higher the number, the worse for the incumbent.  Trump proved it, too.  The misery index was 6.38 when Trump won the election (yes, he really did win that one) in Nov. 2016.  Maybe the fact that Trump created MORE misery, not less, is why voters fired him.  Now, as of Nov. 2023, the misery index is 6.83. 

In other words, Trump can argue he wants to bring inflation and unemployment back to how low they were before Biden was elected.  That's a great argument is we are writing fiction.  But not if we are using math.  Biden actually is bringing inflation and unemployment back to how low they were before Trump was elected.  Don't count on Trump winning that debate.

That said, the even more emotional argument is that Biden has let crime run rampant.  People are being murdered everywhere, like never before in history.  For example, every chart I could find shows beyond a doubt that the murder rate spiked and peaked in 2020 ........ WHEN DONALD TRUMP WAS PRESIDENT. 

Figure1-1-768x558.png

Funny how a massive increase in gun purchases coincided with a big spike in the murder rate.  But I'm sure they had nothing to do with each other.  Even though guys like Mayor Adams say it is illegal guns that caused the spike in crime in New York.  What would a Mayor who was a cop know, anyway?

Anyhoo, guns aside, I'm sure voters will be pissed when Trump puts the facts out there.  Murder rates are down 12.7 % in 2023, according to the most recent estimate I could find.  In addition, that report says this:

The quarterly data in particular suggests 2023 featured one of the lowest rates of violent crime in the United States in more than 50 years.

Awful, ain't it?  Biden sure sucks.  Can't wait for Trump to "revitalize" the US and bring back the riots and crime wave of 2020!

Okay, okay.  I lied.  The statistics are real.  I lied saying that Trump will put the facts out there.  Of course he won't tell the truth.  I'm counting on him to remind every suburban voter in America that he only lies when his lips are moving.

And I did check other data sources.  The Council on Criminal Justice is the next most recent, since they published a mid-year 2023.  They said the murder rate was down 9.7 % at that point.  So it seems like all kinds of violent crime are down in 2023.  And they are dropping even fast than inflation.  How can Biden possibly survive?

Worse, as inflation and crime rates fall, the stock market is soaring.  The Dow has reached an all time high.  WTF?  Obviously, people can't wait for business genius Trump to "restore" the S & P to where it was in January 2021 - 25 % lower than it is today.  If there is one thing Americans hate more than higher prices, it is higher personal net worth!

Finally, I just don't think Trump can help himself.  He will make 2024 a referendum on Trump.  And, unless these trials are delayed, it will also be a referendum on Trump's criminal behavior.  52 % of Americans think Trump should have been charged with crimes related to Jan. 6th. Only 32 % think he should not have been.   Help me with the math, folks.  52 % is a majority, right?

So please, @EmmetK.  Enjoy the moment.  Feed Trump's ego, and encourage him to rant as much as he can.  But, as a pal, I'll remind you that it's never smart to count your indictments before they are hatched.

By the way, I am curious.  If Trump does win and returns us to the polices of his first Presidency, how many impeachments does that mean?  😵   And will they involve trying to slit Ukraine's throat, and steal another election - like in the original version?

The Trump campaign “has made it very clear what they want to do to immigrants,” Ben-Ghiat, a history professor at New York University and the author of “Strongmen: Mussolini to the Present,” told CNN’s Jim Acosta.

She cited reported planned “mass deportations, mass detentions, likely abuses and violence in those operations” if Trump wins back the White House in 2024.

Trump’s language dehumanizes immigrants and “is a way to get Americans prepared now to accept these repressions later on,” she said. “That’s what’s so terrible and that’s also another thing that’s so fascist about this.”

Ben-Ghiat also suggested immigrants won’t be the only ones targeted.

“Anyone who thinks this isn’t going to bother them because they’re not an immigrant, they’re not going to stop with immigrants,” she said. “I’m quite concerned that he is mentioning what he calls mental institutions and prisons so often. In another speech he actually talked about the need to expand psychiatric institutions to confine people and he mentioned special prosecutor Jack Smith as someone who should end up in a ‘mental institution.’”

20 hours ago, EmmetK said:

LIE #!: "Trump says All Immigrants are "Poisoning the Blood" of the US"

LIE #2: "This includes illegal immigrants according to Trump"

LIE #3: "I do not lie"

You not only lie, but you are pathological.

The more you write, the more you lie.

Keep going, please.

Do you mean legal immigrants in LIE #2?

• Members
22 hours ago, Bingo T Dog said:

I do not lie.  Perhaps you should be asking Plump why he lies so much.

Well, strictly speaking, "Trump Says All Immigrants Are "Poisoning The Blood" of the US" is a lie, because that's not what he said. However, when Trump talks about "blood," everyone knows what he means, and that's pretty disturbing. 

LIE #1: "Trump says All Immigrants are "Poisoning the Blood" of the US"

LIE #4: "..when Trump talks about "blood," everyone knows what he means.."

Keep going, please.

6 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

LIE #1: "Trump says All Immigrants are "Poisoning the Blood" of the US"

Keep going, please.

LIE #4 is from Unicorn.  I take credit for the first 3.  he he.....

• Members
6 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

I didn't think I needed to qualify with "everyone except the most stupid idiots." Just like when Trump said "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by: " his implicit backing of white supremacy groups is well-understood by everyone (except the most stupid idiots).