unicorn

Any of you wear "no-show" socks?

• Members

My fiance and I are on a tour, and one of the women on our tour put plastic tape around her ankles so that they wouldn't get abraded, since she was wearing "no-show" socks. My fiance also sometimes wears these, and then sometimes gets blisters or abrasions around his ankles because of this. For this trip, I begged him to avoid wearing those socks, since there's a lot of walking, and I don't want to deal with unnecessary ankle skin problems. I don't understand the reasoning behind these no-show socks. Do people who wear them believe their ankles are so beautiful, that others will be enthralled by viewing their ankle skin? If anything, I thought the plastic tape around the ankles made that woman look silly. I'd love to know why some people prefer these types of socks....

image.png.e7314ce0035e1b0ea6d8f9c7f537155e.png

14 hours ago, unicorn said:

I don't understand the reasoning behind these no-show socks. Do people who wear them believe their ankles are so beautiful, that others will be enthralled by viewing their ankle skin? 

I wear these only when I'm in shorts.

In my opinion, there's nothing worse than an old man (like me) in shorts with socks. And we get to show off our still shapely calves and ankles. 🤓

My goodness, I love socks. I wear them with shorts. I need need others looking at me and wanted to see my old ankles.

Years back, there was a member LetMeTellYou who obsessed over men in Pattaya wearing white socks. I think he called them the White Socks Mafia. LOL I was not a part of that as I started to wear brown socks.

I hate those little socks that fall inside the shoe. If I had my choice, I'd wear knee highs all the time. :) . Much more comfortable.

43 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

My goodness, I love socks. I wear them with shorts. I need need others looking at me and wanted to see my old ankles.

Years back, there was a member LetMeTellYou who obsessed over men in Pattaya wearing white socks. I think he called them the White Socks Mafia. LOL I was not a part of that as I started to wear brown socks.

I hate those little socks that fall inside the shoe. If I had my choice, I'd wear knee highs all the time. :) . Much more comfortable.

He was obsessed with guys in Sandals wearing socks !!😂

4 hours ago, floridarob said:

Not at the compression socks level yet?

Rob, the ones I have for compression, go all the way up to my balls and squeeze them as well.

4 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Yes, that is right.

On 1/21/2024 at 12:25 AM, Olddaddy said:

all my life I wonder what is wrong with that other  that fashion mafia's fascist phobia. 

no, nothing personal as I wear sandals without socks only because I like that way .I like be barefooted wherever possible .  But when I know I'll meet somebody who believes  socks and sandals don't match I make sure to wear both.