floridarob

Bangkok 2nd & 3rd night Jan 2024

50 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

Yes but you lost an off with a guy for only 36 baht ...

He's the one that stood me up...so I think I saved a lot more than 36 baht and skipped an even worse night, lol

51 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

no point to confront the Thai system better to be flexible and flow.

It's against my nature, my accountant always told me I was meant to be a lawyer, not sure if that was a compliment or not 😝

I agree with Boy69. It's very noble to have principles but some dose of moderation  measurement should be used.

I,m in Patong now and 36 baht will not buy you HALF of banana pancake (80), all the same like one I paid 30 few days ago in Sukhotai.

While on the subject of principles I , for one, on principle don't use credit card when travelling for quite a few reasons. Leave hotel with some finite amount of money thus never will spent more than intended for the outing.

Right after you left us , my booked boy messaged he is already free from his engagement and he joined us for dinner at Foodland before we parted ways with another member.  No doubt he is the king of this trip for me but that is  another story.

6 hours ago, floridarob said:

in infinite pockets ?

It's Bacardi's slogan 😉

Doesn, t mean is borrowed from Baccardi. Egyptians and Indians of Central America invented their Pyramids independently of each other. And so did Khmers, who built Koh Ker temple