Olddaddy

I may do a side trip

I'm staying 2 months in Pattaya next trip

I'm going to get bored.

I will do a side trip a few days only maybe maximum 4 days 

Im thinking places I have never been.

😯Vietnam,never been ,  best Gay area? Hanoi?? Ho chi minh?

Price similar to Thailand?

😯Cambodia - Siem Reap , best gay area? 

😯Poipet? Anything there ?

I don't like Phomn Penh already been stated in Arthurs ok but not again 

😯Malaysia?

Never been ,love to go , expensive?

Boys? Gay area?

😯Laos , I went to Vientiane once in 2014 seems boring though , anything changed ?

😮 Philippines,3 hours from Bangkok,been three times already so not considered 

😮Taiwan ?

😮 Myanmar, went once in 2014 , probably not safe 

1 hour ago, Olddaddy said:

I'm going to get bored.

😯Malaysia?

Boys? Gay area?

😯Laos , I went to Vientiane once in 2014 seems boring though , anything changed ?

😮Taiwan ?

There is a lot if favourable comment about Taiwan, but I have never been.

I enjoy Siem Reap,  cheap, lots to do, and lots of boys!

Yes I would like to go to Vietnam with a Thai guy I know

I hear a lot of horror stories though like people pestering you in the street etc 

2 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I'm going to get bored.

😯Malaysia?

Boys? Gay area?

😮Taiwan ?

Have you already looked at the many previous threads and reports about these places?

Based on those threads and reports, which countries sound best for a side trip for YOU -- and not anyone else?

4 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Vietnam,never been ,  best Gay area? Hanoi?? Ho chi minh?

Saigon can be more expensive than Hanoi and even Bangkok, but I think guys from north are hotter.

Why not go with Viet guy?

5 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I went to Hanoi in February for  border run.

Wasn’t impressed at all. Only visited one gay bar. Was reasonable on the first night but the next night was a weekend and you could only just get in. 

My friend got ripped off in a taxi twice. Charged him 10 times the price, apparently a regular thing.

Stick with Siem Reip if you want somewhere else to go. 

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

Bali if you want to do other things besides hook ups..... Jakarta for guys on the apps only

Yes I forgot about Indonesia

I recall a few years ago there was a gay sauna in Jakarta 

Bali....no...too many Aussie bogans

45 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

I recall a few years ago there was a gay sauna in Jakarta 

long gone...even the 1 gay disco that was only open weekends didn't survive Covid.

There are a few clubs that gay guys go to , but the cover charge and not the types I'm looking for was enough of a deterrent to stick with the apps

1 hour ago, gerefan said:
6 hours ago, Olddaddy said:
Wasn’t impressed at all. Only visited one gay bar. Was reasonable on the first night but the next night was a weekend and you could only just get in.

And that's a bad thing?

1 hour ago, gerefan said:

My friend got ripped off in a taxi twice. Charged him 10 times the price

=====================

If, for example, the legit fare should have been $10 that would equate to 254,314 VN Dong

Ten times that would be 2,543,140 VN Dong. And your friend didn't think that was out of line? And then paid it a second time?

10 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I'm going to get bored.

If you like ruins go to Sukhotai and/ or Kamphaeng Phet. I was there for 3 days in January and missed it before even my plane took off from local airport.

easy to get with two daily flights from Swampy.

Take boy with you so your bed stay warm

14 hours ago, reader said:

And that's a bad thing?

Yes very very bad. The Hanoi bar was jammed full. You had to stand tight against all the other people and could hardly drink your beer let alone get served at the bar.
Had there been an emergency you would have been in a massive crush. I left.

As regards the taxi. The fare should have been about $1. 50 each time. He was charged about $15. (whatever that is in ding dong money). Came back and said taxis are expensive here…almost the same cost as the UK.

Then realised he had been done. Imagine if he was going all the way to the Airport….

Later read that most (all?) taxi drivers are dishonest.

21 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Vietnam,never been ,  best Gay area? Hanoi?? Ho chi minh?

HCMC (Saigon). Lower.

Cambodia - Siem Reap , best gay area? 

Bar Code bar + around Pub street + sauna in Mens

Poipet? Anything there ?

Nothing besides some activity in apps

Myanmar, went once in 2014 , probably not safe 

Safe within Yangon border, with caution it is possible to visit Bagan, but nothing to do in meanings of gay activity.

6 minutes ago, gerefan said:

As regards the taxi. The fare should have been about $1. 50 each time. He was charged about $15. (whatever that is in ding dong money). Came back and said taxis are expensive here…almost the same cost as the UK.

Just install Bolt or Grab and you will be on safe side of taxi in VN

Luang Prabang is nice if you want a slower pace for a few days. Easy to wander around the old town. Some nice places to visit outside of town including Kuang Si waterfall which is one of the most picturesque in the world and some places you can go on the Mekong. It's been several years since I was last there so I don't know about the gay scene but it's a big tourist attraction so I presume there are at least some guys there on the apps.

I think Vientiane has grown quite a bit over the last several years.

Siem Reap is quite interesting from a historic standpoint. Lots to see if you're into that sort of stuff. 

Saigon is big and chaotic but I liked my time there a handful of years ago.

I would not go to Myanmar at this time.

I like Singapore if you haven't been there. Not cheap but I didn't find it outrageously expensive. The most humid, tropical place I've ever been. Some of the most gorgeous men I've ever seen.

Taiwan is great. Taipei is a big metropolis with plenty to see and do. Several gay massage shops if you like those sorts of places. Plenty of info in the appropriate forum.

The Yen is in free-fall so Japan is more affordable than ever, but a bit farther away. I guess the Won is collapsing too so South Korea is in the same boat and a little bit closer to Thailand.

22 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

😯Malaysia?

Boys? Gay area?

Kuala Lumpur has a lot gay saunas, and there's one gay club that I know of in Bukit Bintang. There used to be a few more but not sure if they are still around after Covid. Plenty of guys on the apps, with most MBs from Indonesia. While homosexuality is illegal in Malaysia, there are quite underground gay communities in different cities, KL & Penang being the liveliest imo.

53 minutes ago, Moses said:

Bar Code bar + around Pub street + sauna in Mens

In Cambodia, I personally prefer Phnom Penh due to the number of gay bars and how friendly the guys at the bars are. Spacebar is my fav.

Typically, everybody I met in Taiwan were 25-32 years old slim/short (like 1.70-1.78) or gym guys in some phase of bulking (but no belly or chubbies). Both types where excellent fuckers and great personalities, friendly and helpful guys. Gym type fit six pack top guys were not so easily available. In massage spas they are available, but I did not see a point to hire as I was most of the time satisfied with my meetings.

In Kaoshiung I communicated with few hot 22-25 years old fit sixpack guys, however google translate made it really annoying and led nowhere. What I like in Taiwan is that meetings are like between equals and guys dont think about your wallet. In contrary - one guy I visited lived in a huge 🏠 (he said its his and his mom investment). 

Commander D in Taipei has underwear parties with about 70-100 good looking twinks with nice asses and sometimes impressive dicks. They mostly dont care about older Europeans but many did not mind if you fondled them; and its generally fun to slurp gintonics around them. Great bar service. One young sexy flirtatious guy from Hongkong could not speak a word in English. Colonial times seems to be over😀. One 23 y model looking guy from Manila was shocked about the underwear party, he said they have nothing so extreme in Manila… .

Be aware that a  🚀 or a word “hi” in a profile or blurred face photo are symbols of sex with drug use.
In two weeks I did not hear Russian language.

PS I had a stopover in Shanghai and the hotel was near Pudong airport. Apps were promising, all guys 10-25 km away in the center. I chatted with a few, they said “everything is possible and available on the weekends”. One said he flies to Berlin for real fun.

18 hours ago, floridarob said:

I've been to TPE a couple of times...even though I liked it, hook-ups weren't that easy....I'm not into chunky guys, I'm chunky enough for the both of us 🙄

Not my experience of Taipei, plenty of thinks and twunks around!